Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Freelance video
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm new here and happy to be apart of the Cybertruck "future" owners club.

I've been thinking a lot about how the Cybertruck will do in crash tests. With Tesla having the safest vehicles on the road, I'm hopeful that the Cybertruck will be even safer. Just a few things come to mind with the Cybertruck specifically. With a thick steel exoskeleton, how will the car have any crumple zones?

Would love to hear anyones thoughts on this and their overall crash test prediction!

Best,
Craig
Sponsored

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Welcome!

This was discussed recently and I'm hoping whomever had the link will repost it but in the meantime...

The 30X stainless steel is similar to the SpaceX SS so maybe it'll look like this...

#tongue-in-cheek

Pilot4hire

First Name
Woor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Roadster and Cybertruck
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Hey all,

I'm new here and happy to be apart of the Cybertruck "future" owners club.

I've been thinking a lot about how the Cybertruck will do in crash tests. With Tesla having the safest vehicles on the road, I'm hopeful that the Cybertruck will be even safer. Just a few things come to mind with the Cybertruck specifically. With a thick steel exoskeleton, how will the car have any crumple zones?

Would love to hear anyones thoughts on this and their overall crash test prediction!

Best,
Craig
No crumples zones needed. The truck of the future “Cybertruck” will pulverize what ever hits it. I’m ready NOW for mine.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Welcome!

This was discussed recently and I'm hoping whomever had the link will repost it but in the meantime...

The 30X stainless steel is similar to the SpaceX SS so maybe it'll look like this...

#tongue-in-cheek

Anyone knows how many crashes that was? I have to make sure my reservation number is higher than that ;)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
OP
OP
cheeseandcraigerz
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Sportage, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Freelance video
Country flag
Wow awesome video! This shows a lot.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
There is too much innuendo in these remarks for simple me. You say that a video makes a salient and relevant point? All I see is a crash from different angles and I heard no point voiced at all (nor would I expect one). So what is/are the salient and relevant point(s)? That seat belts and air bags save lives? That something made of a lot of heavy-gauge steel isn’t enough to protect someone? No arguments there. Some other relevant point? I thought the question was about crumple zones. I just did a few minutes of casual research on crumple zones and the intention is to lengthen the time it takes to change velocity as a result of a collision. Slow things down. Historically they use the front and rear compartments to achieve this while making the cab a protection zone with seat belts, air bags, and a stiff/strong cage. Given that the CT has no engine, and a long bed, it should probably provide pretty good ‘crumple zone’ protection. The cage, etc. will be similar to other cars. I saw one reference that spoke of protecting victims from the car if they hit it but I suspect that the best hope a victim has when hitting any vehicle at speed is to slide off the vehicle and hopefully not be hit be the next one. Please educate me where I do not understand.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
There is too much innuendo in these remarks for simple me.
  1. You aren't the target audience.
  2. Are you saying you cannot see the failure of the bel-air's cabin?
  3. This is what crumple zones are for. They redirect force away from the cabin (and battery, in an EV).

-Crissa
Sponsored