djobleezy

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I can confirm that local transport of CT is still happening despite the delivery hold.
I was contacted today via phone call by my delivery advisor and told there was no estimate to when the engineering team would issue the bulletin advising next steps/fixes. He said he hoped by next week but it actually could end up taking longer….

Taken 4/17/2024 at around 11am near Pasadena, CA.
Sponsored

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
VINs being assigned at a decent rate the past couple days. I saw in another thread someone had a rescheduled delivery date of 4/20. This hold has turned out to be a non issue.

Anyone complaining about this is nuts, and are likely the same folks who would throw a fit and "talk to the manager" if they were delivered a truck that was rushed and had issues.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
VINs being assigned at a decent rate the past couple days. I saw in another thread someone had a rescheduled delivery date of 4/20. This hold has turned out to be a non issue.

Anyone complaining about this is nuts, and are likely the same folks who would throw a fit and "talk to the manager" if they were delivered a truck that was rushed and had issues.
You are spouting crap. This is an easy issue that couldn’t have been felt with much easier. First how about some honest communication. Second how about an easy fix? Take the outer pedal off and deliver the trucks to customers. I would gladly come back when a new pedal arrived. What gets me is there is some 5000+ trucks running around with a crappy pedal. It’s pure BS.

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag

How is this hold a non-issue? Are you nuts? Spoke to my delivery team today. No eta even on getting the parts yet, let alone how long it'll take to do. Just because they are dishing out VINs doesn't mean crap. Most likely, they'll just try and get more folks to prepay while their delivery is "imminent"

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, FS Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Thank you for this info. I don’t understand why Tesla has to keep every little thing a secret. Why invite so much unnecessary speculation? My local SC didn’t even know there was a stop sale until I told them. Unless they are incredible actors, they were not bluffing! I texted my sales guy and he said it’s impossible that the SC didn’t know, and he said 2 week delay as a “best case”.

I’m spending $100k and I deserve to know why my truck is delayed, and when to prepare for it.
It does suggest that certain staff reductions are justified. :rolleyes:

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
How is this hold a non-issue? Are you nuts? Spoke to my delivery team today. No eta even on getting the parts yet, let alone how long it'll take to do. Just because they are dishing out VINs doesn't mean crap. Most likely, they'll just try and get more folks to prepay while their delivery is "imminent"
Give it a few days. :)

VINS are a great sign that the fix is simple. No one is pre-paying simply from getting a VIN, or at least they shouldn't, until they have a delivery date.

You are spouting crap. This is an easy issue that couldn’t have been felt with much easier. First how about some honest communication. Second how about an easy fix? Take the outer pedal off and deliver the trucks to customers. I would gladly come back when a new pedal arrived. What gets me is there is some 5000+ trucks running around with a crappy pedal. It’s pure BS.
We shall see. This will be water under the bridge in a few days i bet.

Last edited:

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Yes I’ll get over after awhile. But this whole messed up delivery of Cybertrucks leaves a bad taste in people mouths.
The only silver lining for me is that my window was from Feb to April. I fully expected to go into May and was shocked that I got a VIN last week. I feel for the people who have been waiting forever for a VIN and the people who were skipped an invitation to ever sign up for the FS.

Darryl2006

Banned
Banned
First Name
Darryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi q5
Country flag
Give it a few days. :)

VINS are a great sign that there the fix is simple. No one is pre-paying sinmply from getting a VIN, or at least they shouldn't, until they have a delivery date.

Yeah, I had a delivery date and so paid the money. Then, the rug got pulled out. Funny, they waited until I had paid. I'm no longer taking anything on faith. I was hoping Tesla wouldn't be like all the damn legacy OEMs with constant games and nonsense. Yet, here I am again chasing my tail, making constant follow up phone calls and all the rest. I had hoped to be leaving that shit behind me for good. I guess I was naive. Won't happen again. Now I know Tesla is just like the rest. Nothing special, nothing revolutionary.

Chris9702L

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda ridgeline
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Yeah, I had a delivery date and so paid the money. Then, the rug got pulled out. Funny, they waited until I had paid. I'm no longer taking anything on faith. I was hoping Tesla wouldn't be like all the damn legacy OEMs with constant games and nonsense. Yet, here I am again chasing my tail, making constant follow up phone calls and all the rest. I had hoped to be leaving that shit behind me for good. I guess I was naive. Won't happen again. Now I know Tesla is just like the rest. Nothing special, nothing revolutionary.
I won’t say that. They make brilliant products (way better than legacy OEMs) but then they shoot themselves in the foot on minor things🤦‍♂️

SteelMyHeart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We don't know nor do the service center level employees know what the exact issue with accelerator pedal is. We are assuming one Tik-Tok video is correct. While I believe everything on social media is true.....The extent of the pedal problem may be more than just the plastic cover.

If it is the cover I 💯 agree they should deliver the trucks without the plastic cap and we can come back later to service center for it.

My rank speculation is that they are doing some testing to make sure plastic cap isn't the only issue with the pedal, which is why the resumption of delivery window thus far is only 7 days from now. If the metal portion or any other part needs changing it would take longer than 7 days for a supply constrained product for parts to come in to service centers for replacement IMHO.

I also don't think they would keep issuing vins if they thought a large parts swap was needed. The pedal condom just needs changing hopefully.

M0unt41nm4n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Ford F350 Plat, 22 F150 Plat, 20 Jeep Gladiator
Country flag
I won’t say that. They make brilliant products (way better than legacy OEMs) but then they shoot themselves in the foot on minor things🤦‍♂️
Totally agree. Getting communication or a real person is like ripping your fingernails out. Then when you speak to them, it’s “Oh we have no idea when/what etc”. Someone has to know. Starlink runs the same way, only worse. Try finding a phone for them for support. The only way I have gotten to speak to a real person at Starlink is you open a ticket in the app and ask them to call you, then 3 days to a week later you get a call back. This is a Musk thing because the Tesla and Starlink apps are nearly the same and they run under the same paradigm.

AnthonyJ

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X Plaid
Country flag
I can confirm that local transport of CT is still happening despite the delivery hold.
I was contacted today via phone call by my delivery advisor and told there was no estimate to when the engineering team would issue the bulletin advising next steps/fixes. He said he hoped by next week but it actually could end up taking longer….

Taken 4/17/2024 at around 11am near Pasadena, CA.
Most likely the team in charge with coming up with a fix got laid off, and Tesla doesn’t have an incentive to deliver until the end of the quarter. No biggie! No need to rush. We will get it the last week of June. They will prioritize trucks coming off the line right now, then handling current owners trucks, and then they will work on our trucks.

Cyber_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD Cybertruck
Country flag

Was me. Only because I asked for a tentative reschedule as I work a ton and it's a 2 hour trip. Plus kids events and sports on the weekend. I am almost sure it won't be ready. But I was hopeful. Since then I have gotten a reply from them directly that they know nothing and have no ETA. But they do have my money, that much I can confirm.

Frustrating to go from delivery tomorrow get ready be excited to two hours later cancelled. Hyperbole of communication.
Sponsored