Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
This is an interesting article. So much information based on the model created to do the simulations.

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
I wonder what he means by “extreme effort?” Is this things that have already been done (mirror delete, flat underbody) or does he mean that owners can tape the panel gaps and add saucer hubcaps to get to .30 Cd?

For what it’s worth my aerospace engineer friend says that abrupt angles like the top are bad for drag, but maybe Elon has some tricks up his sleeve to “trip” the airflow.

Last edited:

JayP90X

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
P90D
Country flag
I wonder what he means by “extreme effort?” Is this things that have already been done (mirror delete, flat underbody) or does he mean that owners can tape the panel gaps and add saucer hubcaps to get to .30 Cd?

For what it’s worth my aerospace engineer friend says that abrupt angles like the top are bad for drag, but maybe Elon has some tricks up his sleeve to “trip” the airflow.
I read his tweet to mean that they may be able to further engineer the Cybertruck for even better Cd, if they wanted to. And not that the drag coefficient could be further improved by owners. It's rare there's much owners can do in terms of actually improving drag anyway. Almost all aftermarket / DIY stuff is going to increase drag, not improve it. Aftermarket vendors usually don't computer model and/or wind test their stuff. Nor does the average owner care :)

OP
OP
Administrator

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Cool analysis using computational fluid dynamics to analyse the aerodynamics of the Cybertruck.

And a second video showing how it compares to the F-150 and Ram trucks.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
So, the "ugly" truck has better aerodynamics than the other two?

Hmm, not surprised at all. :cool:
Sponsored