Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag

I agree! I have Xpel on my Porsches and this quoted price is very good for a full (all stainless surfaces) wrap. Xpel also has a 10 year warranty (but its a little wonky as it requires an annual dealer inspection).

I've found wraps really only last about 5 years (maybe even less if off road or high speeds) before they need replacing. With painted vehicles longer time frames run the risk of pulling up paint/clearcoat when removing/replacing. This of course would NOT be an issue on a Cybertruck.

Keeney

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Pro
Country flag
Now will they delivery trucks wrapped or just provide the film. Could be worth the premium of buying from Tesla if it came wrapped to hit the easy button.
Website says they have a couple of installers signed up in California. Probably more coming soon.

Renegade1096

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, CyberTruck
Country flag
Now will they delivery trucks wrapped or just provide the film. Could be worth the premium of buying from Tesla if it came wrapped to hit the easy button.
Cybertruck will be offered with factory wrap "Self-healing, full-coverage, urethane-based film-designed by Tesla for Cybertruck."

The factory wrap will cost $6,500 and come in black or white. The Satin Clear Paint Film wrap will cost $5k

Cybertruck White Wrap color film.jpeg

Cybertruck Black Wrap Factory Wrap.jpeg

gan6jo0woaax4qd-jpeg.jpg

cybertruck factory wrap color paint films.jpeg

tesla cybertruck factory wrap color paint films.jpeg

GANmrCnXcAE8Nxx.jpeg
I think quality and customer service problems will be something they don't expect happening. Saw some photos of one they did already and it's not great.

If they lack quality control how are they going to handle customers coming back to have it fixed. Or if a piece gets damaged where does the truck go to have the panel fixed? Seems like taking it to a wrap shop would be a better option. Would be cheaper, faster turnaround, better customer service when issues arise, better film and more options.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck factory color wrap in WHITE or BLACK will cost $6,500. Satin stealth clear wrap costs $5K 1000004683

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck factory color wrap in WHITE or BLACK will cost $6,500. Satin stealth clear wrap costs $5K 1000004687

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck factory color wrap in WHITE or BLACK will cost $6,500. Satin stealth clear wrap costs $5K 1000004691

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck factory color wrap in WHITE or BLACK will cost $6,500. Satin stealth clear wrap costs $5K 1000004689

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
I think quality and customer service problems will be something they don't expect happening. Saw some photos of one they did already and it's not great.

If they lack quality control how are they going to handle customers coming back to have it fixed. Or if a piece gets damaged where does the truck go to have the panel fixed? Seems like taking it to a wrap shop would be a better option. Would be cheaper, faster turnaround, better customer service when issues arise, better film and more options.

1000004683.jpg

1000004687.jpg

1000004691.jpg

1000004689.jpg
Ouch

Tanquen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Seems awfully pricey. Shouldn't this be one of the easiest vehicles ever to wrap? Maybe a couple thousand dollars but six or seven thousand seems crazy.
Sponsored