Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
This actually gives me an interesting question - once capable of self propulsion, to what degree to the vehicles move through the assembly line themselves vs being ushered by a conveyor belt, and does self-driving ability impact the ability to do that at all.

Obviously this is a late assembly stage consideration, but I wonder if they do that to any extent.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
This actually gives me an interesting question - once capable of self propulsion, to what degree to the vehicles move through the assembly line themselves vs being ushered by a conveyor belt, and does self-driving ability impact the ability to do that at all.

Obviously this is a late assembly stage consideration, but I wonder if they do that to any extent.
They don’t move themselves, much like other vehicles, Teslas move on sleds or automated overhead cranes. It would be cool if they programmed them to exit the factory and park themselves and load themselves onto carriers, but not yet.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

Interesting idea, but I think they want the batteries to be empty for safety.