Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I have not seen any videos of CT that included the sound of the horn. Please share if you know of one. If you see the revised CT on the road being tested, please ask the driver to hunk and share it with us. In the meantime, if the stock horn turn out to be not that great, what are your ideas on what to replace it with?

This guys video got me thinking about the whole thing:

Edit: I was told you can program your own custom sound. What sounds would you use?
Sponsored

Last edited:

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I have not seen any videos of CT that included the sound of the horn. Please share if you know of one. If you see the revised CT on the road being tested, please ask the driver to hunk and share it with us. In the meantime, if the stock horn turn out to be not that great, what are your ideas on what to replace it with?

This guys video got me thinking about the whole thing:
As with the new update to the Tesla fleet (boom box), you can make the horn anything you want. It will have standard options of course (horn, goat, fart, etc.) but you also have the option of using any sound you wish saved on a USB stick. Also true for pedestrian driving sounds.
Love the R2D2 one in the vid, wonder if tesla could make multiple horns work via-voice command???? Quick someone tweet Elon.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diehard

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
As with the new update to the Tesla fleet (boom box), you can make the horn anything you want. It will have standard options of course (horn, goat, fart, etc.) but you also have the option of using any sound you wish saved on a USB stick. Also true for pedestrian driving sounds.
Love the R2D2 one in the vid, wonder if tesla could make multiple horns work via-voice command???? Quick someone tweet Elon.
I am a bit of Tesla illiterate. I had no idea. I could lose weeks playing with just this feature alone. You gave me something to help with waiting. I am going to start collecting and making sounds for CT. Is the boombox loudness adequate (Not to be obnoxious but to be heard)?

VI Tesla

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Cybertruck
Country flag
I am a bit of Tesla illiterate. I had no idea. I could lose weeks playing with just this feature alone. You gave me something to help with waiting. I am going to start collecting and making sounds for CT. Is the boombox loudness adequate (Not to be obnoxious but to be heard)?
Just type Tesla Boom box into You tube and you see a bunch of people gigling like crazy as they make fart sounds in mall parking lots. Short answer yes people will hear it from 50' or so.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
The only correct answer is "La cucaracha" .

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I did a search and found out that you are correct but I am a bit surprised that the powers that be would let any old sound be a horn sound. I know that the mandate that new electric cars have some noise generator to alert pedestrians (etc) of their presence, was the rationale behind the boombox feature (that our car doesn't have), but I wasn't aware that the horn was a configurable with custom sounds.

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
First thoughts are either a)Elmer Fudd doing "Fire" or b)Iron Butterfly's "I am the god of Hellfire".
But I do wish that Tesla would have separate settings for sounds of the horn and the pedestrian warning sound.
The wife said she would like Cookie Monster doing "Om Nom Nom".

~Jek~

First Name
Jekare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri-motor CT reserved, LR AWD Model 3 on order, 2011 Smart Fortwo
Country flag
Boombox only completely overrides the horn sound while parked. If you're in drive the oem horn will still sound first and the boombox sound will play after, for safety reasons.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
This one seems to get the job done while adhering to the goal of Tesla being "the leader in apocalypse technology". LOL

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
Elon probably doesn't need to be bothered with this right now. I'm sure one of us could do this simply once we receive our CT/s, and Elon has so much on his plate right now (with trying to land a rocket without the sudden explosion at the end... this item just doesn't seem worth it, right now. peace

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
It may not seem very mature on my part, but my Cybertruck is going to be Godzilla-roaring, wet-farting and burping down the highway someday soon. Another reason Elon is a genius. Ford just wishes it thought of this first. Electric and farts. They didn't see that coming, now did they?
Sponsored