Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 ext cab 4x4; Model 3 LR; Subaru Outback
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Hi all, I currently live in northern VA, own a M3 (but daughter won't let me drive it :rolleyes:), and have a reservation (from the second day) for a dual motor CT. I should be taking delivery here in the Ole Dominion and lucky for me we plan to relocate to WY in about 5 years and was wondering what the future Wyomingite cybertruckers concerns are on how the CT will perform out there and if upgrading to a trimotor is a safer bet. Would love to hear what you think! Planning is in the early stages but top of the list now is Cheyenne, Laramie, and
Casper

I hope I’m the first to post a pic with an Elk in the back of a cybertruck ?
Sponsored

SpaceYooper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Hoping to beat you to that elk pic.

Killlbox

First Name
Stacy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Subaru Forrester Sport
Occupation
Biotech
Country flag
I'm here in Cheyenne waiting for a FS Cyberbeast delivery. Anyone else around the Cheyenne area waiting?

Hcopter

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1996 Ranger, 2023 Maverick Lariat, Hybrid
Country flag
Hi all, I currently live in northern VA, own a M3 (but daughter won't let me drive it :rolleyes:), and have a reservation (from the second day) for a dual motor CT. I should be taking delivery here in the Ole Dominion and lucky for me we plan to relocate to WY in about 5 years and was wondering what the future Wyomingite cybertruckers concerns are on how the CT will perform out there and if upgrading to a trimotor is a safer bet. Would love to hear what you think! Planning is in the early stages but top of the list now is Cheyenne, Laramie, and
Casper

I grew up on a ranch near Laramie and attended UW before moving to Kansas. In my opinion, either CT version will be fine. Electric vehicles work great up there compared to ICE since they don't lose 3% power for every 1000 ft. of altitude, and the thinner air reduces drag. Only concern is battery performance in cold winter weather and distance between chargers in some parts of the state.

However, you should consider the altitude when moving there, Laramie is 7300 ft. and very dry. I saw a lot of older people move to lower elevation locations for their health, or use supplemental oxygen full time. Having lived at 1000 ft. for the past 25 years, when I go back to visit family I can feel the altitude and always have trouble with nose bleeds and dry skin while I'm there.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Casper

Why would you expect the tri-motor Beast to do better in Wyoming?

It has less range than the AWD, and the AWD is All Wheel Drive.

The Beast just accelerates really fast.

But last time I was there, Wyoming has roads.

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
You'll be fine charging in / around any of those 3 cities, probably a bit sporty traversing the state as the chargers are a bit sparse comparatively. I wouldn't hesitate.
Sponsored