Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 , 2 Mustang GT’s, Saturn Sky, Ducati
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
I’m wondering how much it will cost per year to insure a CyberTruck?
Sponsored

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
I’m wondering how much insurance will cost , per year, for a CyberTruck?

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Depends on so many factors: your driving record, coverage parameters, deductible, insurance company, city, zip code, insurance regulations of your state, even your credit score (no, I am not making that up) can effect what you pay for insurance.

It is a new vehicle. It is going to be a lot until the companies get a better better idea of risks, repair costs, and all the safety, among other things. Save your money.

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40, ordered Cybertruck dual-motor AWD
Country flag
I’m wondering how much insurance will cost , per year, for a CyberTruck?
Have you checked with Telsa Insurance? If you're in Cali then you're lucky enough to be in the only state where it's currently being offered. I'm hoping they'll have coverage in Oregon in the not too distant future, at least by 2022 when my CT will be ready ;?)

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
Depends on so many factors: your driving record, coverage parameters, deductible, insurance company, city, zip code, insurance regulations of your state, even your credit score (no, I am not making that up) can effect what you pay for insurance.

It is a new vehicle. It is going to be a lot until the companies get a better better idea of risks, repair costs, and all the safety, among other things. Save your money.
Thanks very much for the info!

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
Have you checked with Telsa Insurance? If you're in Cali then you're lucky enough to be in the only state where it's currently being offered. I'm hoping they'll have coverage in Oregon in the not too distant future, at least by 2022 when my CT will be ready ;?)
Thanks for the info! I wasn’t aware that Tesla offered insurance!

Cymerax

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo S40, ordered Cybertruck dual-motor AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the info! I wasn’t aware that Tesla offered insurance!
Yeah, they started it in response to complaints from so many Tesla owners tired of getting screwed by other insurance companies who were charging Tesla owners an arm and a leg for coverage, even though most rating agencies have Teslas listed as the safest cars on the road. Unfortunately since it's just started up last year, they're still only offering it in Cali, but I hope Elon will push this for other states soon. I'm sure some of the issues are with govt. regulatory agencies and red tape, vamos a ver ;?D

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Yeah, can't wait for them to expand their coverage past Cali. Imagine an insurance company that doesn't spent a bunch of money on advertising and making sure they are as profitable as possible(within state regs).

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Depends on insurance for what. If the CT is hard to steal, theft coverage might be minimal. It's probably liability coverage that's required, and since there's no reason to expect that the CT will hit things and people any more than any other vehicle, that cost should be normal. But comprehensive/fire and especially collision could be very high. I never insure my vehicles for collision.

Also depends on where. I think that Tesla offers its own coverage in your state in order to reduce the cost.

Lives2TruckAround

First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'92 Jeep Wrangler and 22’ Model Y
Occupation
Retired young/Business Owner
Country flag
I did mention all my numbers with and without a down payment and these numbers included insurance.

I said based on what others have experienced its anywhere from a 10-30% increase of your current insured vehicle.

OP
OP

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
I did mention all my numbers with and without a down payment and these numbers included insurance.

I said based on what others have experienced its anywhere from a 10-30% increase of your current insured vehicle.
Thanks for the info!

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
I have been with USAA for a long time.
We have the farm and all vehicles insured with them and get a discount for doing so.
No one has ever beaten their prices.
Unless Tesla offers lower rates I'll stick with USAA.

IceCold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I drive a loaded top trim crew cab pickup about 7 years old.

I live in Louisiana and we have horrible insurance rates compared to most states.

I went online to get a quote on Geico. I have checked around in the past and they always have lowest rates.

If I buy a brand new loaded traditional crew cab my annual insurance goes up about an extra $400 a year over what I pay now.

No cybertruck to quote but picked a new model Y. My insurance would go up an extra $2,400 a year above what I already pay now. The model 3 was not any cheaper.

I have a preordered the rwd thinking it would be a nice value play for something different and practical. Some nice tech, help the environment and practical etc

Looking at insurance rates was kind of a buzz kill. It might be a practical vehicle in many ways, but to insurance companies it seems they rate them like I am buying a new Porsche.

At those rates, if they are similar for cybertruck, you might as well buy the top model if you are going to buy. Why pay so much in insurance to not have the performance model?

I can see why Tesla is starting to sell their own insurance in some states.

You might want to get a quote on a Tesla in your state, if you have not considered insurance costs.

I really wish I was making this up or exaggerating, but I am not. I checked the quotes online myself. I did not check other insurance companies, but geico has always had great rates.

Addendum:

I looked online and some people say progressive might be the cheapest. They are usually never lower than geico and state farm for those with good records etc but for Tesla’s they might be.
Sponsored

Last edited: