CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Munro Live for the win again!! His emphasis of saying don’t put too much stock in a “pre-series, prototype” is such a voice of reason. The amount on here freaking out over build quality feeling cheap, canceling orders, etc… be patient, y’all are gonna love it (well most)

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
Munro Live for the win again!! His emphasis of saying don’t put too much stock in a “pre-series, prototype” is such a voice of reason. The amount on here freaking out over build quality feeling cheap, canceling orders, etc… be patient, y’all are gonna love it (well most)
So true. And for those of you who haven't noticed, this forum has a lot noise created by people who see it as their job to try to take the shine off Tesla, even if they have to mislead and lie to do it. There are a number of posters who think they are being crafty, but who are as transparent as the finest mineral glass. They think they can create a demand problem for Tesla so legacy auto can continue their dirty ways for another month, another year or another decade. But Tesla has them cornered and out-gunned, because they are bringing the products to market that people actually want at the prices people can actually afford in great numbers.

Granted, if they were effective at this most distasteful job, it would mean I will get my personal Cybertruck that much sooner. But all their work goes in vain because soon the Cybertruck will be present in metal and glass for everyone to see. I don't know how people who do this kind of dirty work can even like themselves. The answer is, they probably don't, not deep down inside.

uscbucsfan

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla Model Y, 2022 Tesla Model S LR
Country flag
So true. And for those of you who haven't noticed, this forum has a lot noise created by people who see it as their job to try to take the shine off Tesla, even if they have to mislead and lie to do it. There are a number of posters who think they are being crafty, but who are as transparent as the finest mineral glass. They think they can create a demand problem for Tesla so legacy auto can continue their dirty ways for another month, another year or another decade. But Tesla has them cornered and out-gunned, because they are bringing the products to market that people actually want at the prices people can actually afford in great numbers.

Granted, if they were effective at this most distasteful job, it would mean I will get my personal Cybertruck that much sooner. But all their work goes in vain because soon the Cybertruck will be present in metal and glass for everyone to see. I don't know how people who do this kind of dirty work can even like themselves. The answer is, they probably don't, not deep down inside.
That's quite a leap. There are for sure Tesla haters on TMC who have been disillusioned by their problematic experience and maybe some here who have grown tired of the wait or unhappy with the lack of information, but;

1. Assuming that their post in a fringe message board with maybe 20-30 regular posters will do anything for/against demand is wild.
2. Taking one's opinions and assigning other motives to it is just bad in general. Unless someone explicitly states something, it's never great to jump to conclusions.

This screams tin-foil hat, but again...that would be me assigning additional context to this single post. I have no idea what your state of mind is right now, but on the surface this is a bit crazy.

Kahpernicus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag

ok musk

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
Very thorough analysis! I agree to avoid getting anxious about a pre-production model.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What are you talking about.

Be impatient, cancel (if you are below 60k on the reservation list).

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So true. And for those of you who haven't noticed, this forum has a lot noise created by people who see it as their job to try to take create shine for Tesla, even if they have to mislead and lie to do it. There are a number of posters who think they are being crafty, but who are as transparent as the finest mineral glass. They think they can create a demand for Tesla.
FIFY

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
1. Assuming that their post in a fringe message board with maybe 20-30 regular posters will do anything for/against demand is wild.
You must have missed it, but I specifically said their efforts are in vain because Tesla products are too good of a value for millions of new car buyers to pass on just because they read negative things on the Internet.

It would only work if Tesla was teetering on the edge and there was barely enough demand for Tesla to sell all they can make. Instead, much to the disappointment of those wanting to harm Tesla, Tesla increases production every year and can still sell every one they make. Of course, many of the biggest Tesla detractors have said they think Tesla has a demand problem or will soon develop one. It's not a stretch to think they can help that come true, it's just taking them much longer than they anticipated. Tesla ownership continues to grow by leaps and bounds and they don't like that.

My question to you: Why do you think the number of regular posters is even a relevant metric for how much impact could be expected from posting negative things designed to steer buyers away from purchasing a Tesla? Did you know that even people who don't have posting privileges can browse the conversations on CybertruckOwnersClub.com?

According to SimilarWeb.com, a website analytics site, CybertruckOwnersClub.com had 188,800 visitors last month. That's a lot! It's a good bet a high percentage of those visitors wanted to know more about the Tesla or the Cybertruck and whether it would be a good fit for them. This is what people do before they make a new car or truck purchase decision, right?

The fact that you think the relevant metric is how many regular posters there are makes me think that either you are trying to mislead, or you don't have a clue what you are talking about. If anything, fewer regular posters will increase the chances that a new visitor will see one of their negative posts. On the other hand, posting negativity on a more active site, would mean the visibility of their posts would tend to be diluted by all the other activity. That is the exact opposite of what you are attempting to portray as reality.

I learned a long time ago not to trust people who say non-sensical things while trying to convince me that things aren't as they appear.

Red61224

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yugo
Country flag
Ha touché ! I apologize. I too want a bunch of people ahead of me to bail. I am ashamed about my post….
Like Dr. House paying patients to come back later and hands them money to skip out.

Love2Cyber

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model X, Cyber Tri-Motor
Country flag
What are you talking about.

Be impatient, cancel (if you are below 60k on the reservation list).
Actually, I'm going to keep my reservation (in the 3k range), buy the piece of garbage, and sell it at a massive profit to some disillusioned fanboy.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
You must have missed it, but I specifically said their efforts are in vain because Tesla products are too good of a value for millions of new car buyers to pass on just because they read negative things on the Internet.

It would only work if Tesla was teetering on the edge and there was barely enough demand for Tesla to sell all they can make. Instead, much to the disappointment of those wanting to harm Tesla, Tesla increases production every year and can still sell every one they make. Of course, many of the biggest Tesla detractors have said they think Tesla has a demand problem or will soon develop one. It's not a stretch to think they can help that come true, it's just taking them much longer than they anticipated. Tesla ownership continues to grow by leaps and bounds and they don't like that.

My question to you: Why do you think the number of regular posters is even a relevant metric for how much impact could be expected from posting negative things designed to steer buyers away from purchasing a Tesla? Did you know that even people who don't have posting privileges can browse the conversations on CybertruckOwnersClub.com?

According to SimilarWeb.com, a website analytics site, CybertruckOwnersClub.com had 188,800 visitors last month. That's a lot! It's a good bet a high percentage of those visitors wanted to know more about the Tesla or the Cybertruck and whether it would be a good fit for them. This is what people do before they make a new car or truck purchase decision, right?

The fact that you think the relevant metric is how many regular posters there are makes me think that either you are trying to mislead, or you don't have a clue what you are talking about. If anything, fewer regular posters will increase the chances that a new visitor will see one of their negative posts. On the other hand, posting negativity on a more active site, would mean the visibility of their posts would tend to be diluted by all the other activity. That is the exact opposite of what you are attempting to portray as reality.

I learned a long time ago not to trust people who say non-sensical things while trying to convince me that things aren't as they appear.
I agree with you

There are wolves here in sheep's clothing, some intelligent, who just make that little quip to steer away from positives. And then supplement the virtues of the opposition's products. They may have a mental issue. Who knows.

Well disguised. Even sports forums have the odd opposition dickhead trying to mingle nicely, yet all the while not really giving a shit about your team.

If you go into someone's home, and disrespect the occupants, you don't really care to be there.

And I'm not talking about genuine people who have other preferences as well as the CT. I'm talking about idiots.

It is what is is

Last edited:

Jeepster

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Jeep, 2002 Porsche 911
Country flag
Actually, I'm going to keep my reservation (in the 3k range), buy the piece of garbage, and sell it at a massive profit to some disillusioned fanboy.
If you are actually around 3K on the list, please put me first on your list of disillusioned fanboys I will pay you top dollar! I ordered day 2 and I'm around 180K (I know that covers ALL Teslas not just CT). .