Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
That CT will test the million mile battery out. Itā€™s been in displays all over the country.
Unless they have swapped out the battery, I doubt it has the 4680's in it since 2019. :( But I would agree its got to have some miles on it by now.

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Having watched the presentation so far, Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s all just a dojo simulationā€¦..?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
The most anticipated future vehicle in Tesla's short history. The amount of reservations for the truck is crazy. The concept truck hit that futuristic Blade Runner nerve in a lot of buyers.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
That CT will test the million mile battery out. Itā€™s been in displays all over the country.
I was actually trying to find images of the odometer on the prototype. I'm extremely interested to find out how many miles it has on it now. All I've been able to see is from those release night videos of people being given rides in the CT. It had about 233-280+mi on release night in the few videos I was able to read it. The video of interior from Giga Austin construction site from 4 mos ago the video was not high resolution enough to blow it up and see the text, but the text blob did not look much wider than the 280 mi figure from 2 years earlier. So I'm guessing its still under 1,000 mi based on the limited visual info from 4 months ago. This is assuming they have not reset the odometer at all through wiping the CT computer and reinstalling newer builds? But I highly doubt they drive it cross country, instead just ship it ahead of time to where they need it to be.

I tweeted this question at him the other night about total mileage and obviously no response!

Last edited:

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
They have a covered carrier theyā€™ve transported and unloaded it from.

I tried posting a video of it but it was taken down because it was an ā€œold videoā€. Not sure the limitations around here on what video you can post, but it was from when it was being displayed at the Peterson exhibit..so..not that old.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
How amazing is that? There is only one CyberTruck prototype in the world. Based on this one and only vehicle, they got 1.5million reservationsā€¦
ā€˜Now that all car manufacturers have learned that scarcity is good for sales prices, the ramp up may be a whole new ball game; we may get 10 CTs a year the first year at million a piece, then 100 second year for $800,000, ā€¦ā€¦.. Lightening production plans show Ford is already planning to keep the demand side of supply and demand strong. Current price increases with Tesla shows they donā€™t mind it that much either. It is always better to know you can sell what you make than having to worry about if you need to shut down the production line tomorrow.

of course I am making all this up and everything is probably really the side effect of the shortage and inflation but once the shortage is gone, it would be interesting to see how fast things change.

bbostic5

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Civic, 2019 4Runner
Occupation
Product Manager
Country flag
They have a covered carrier theyā€™ve transported and unloaded it from.

I tried posting a video of it but it was taken down because it was an ā€œold videoā€. Not sure the limitations around here on what video you can post, but it was from when it was being displayed at the Peterson exhibit..so..not that old.
This is what I figured. There's no way they are driving that prototype all over the country. I'm sure they are testing the guts in other vehicles, but if this is the only prototype they have at the moment, there's zero chance they're risking it in traffic.