Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
Surely he is joking.
The thing will weigh nearly 4 tons, and what will it use for thrust?
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Does this thing fit in the bed? Just in case something goes wrong while crossing the sea.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck is waterproof enough to serve as a boat to cross rivers, lakes & calm seas -- confirms Musk 🚤 1664477736834

bill.french

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I'm pretty sure the water-tightness is a by-product of air-tightness (for air quality features). I have a hunch they drove it into a tank to test for many aspects of the design and happened to notice that three days later, it was still floating.

bad61

First Name
TODD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 volt and 2013 ford ev getting cybertruck
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
He hasnt announced the rocket pack and new base price of 200k yet lol
Iv been hoping for three, three quarter inch hitch inlets for front and back. Canvas air bag in front and back for floatation. On the front and back you could put a propeller on the left and right side. As you turn the steering wheel it will speed up and slow down the propellers. The canvas air bags can also be used to push cars. I live in Colorado, and it would be really handy for pushing snow stuck cars, hoping for the first Three that were first ordered to start Robotaxi in Colorado If you could hook up two or more together, for towing or for pulling. I think would also be a nice feature.

Last edited:

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag

Elon is signaling us.

The fit, finish, panel gaps of the Cybertruck will be so good that any random Cybertruck taken off the line will pass certification for use as a boat.

They are going from the hodgepodge Fremont factory to the machine that builds (Austin) the machine (Cybertruck).

Here Elon & Tesla are again disrupting another industry - small tow-able boats.

Ford better do a bang-up (price, features, production scale) job on the generation 2 (2025/2026) F-150 Lightning or Ford is toast.

ScoobyDoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck/ F150
Country flag
Something I haven’t seen anyone realize yet… Elon also stated crossing the channel between south padre and Starbase…. That’s a salt water crossing… a large (for a car especially 😂) crossing. We still don’t know the exact chemical make up of the SS body but outside of 316 levels of corrosion resistance, I find it interesting he references that crossing as a goal/ need for regular use. That still leaves the control arms, cv joints, steering arms, brake compenents etc..also requiring equally strong corrosion resistance.
I guess my thoughts are… is this hinting at every exposed component being either aluminum castings or SS.
-im still hosing the thing down asap after salt water exposure for the record.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Does anyone put any faith in the statement regarding the order of builds for the CT (Quad first at the very end of the article)? I know that has been a source of a lot of discussion in other threads.

As far as the waterproof statements: maybe one of the after-market accessories will be an add-on under chassis impeller unit (I'm only half joking).