Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Vehicles
2023 f150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Will you be using your Cybertruck's boat-like features, and in what way??

Just tweeted this morning by Elon Musk.

"Cybertruck will be waterproof enough to serve briefly as a boat, so it can cross rivers, lakes & even seas that aren’t too choppy"

How about:

Cause I'm sure no one would have EVer attempted such had you not reassured us that it was possible. But per a #S3XYFR idea I once proposed, what if the exoskeleton in the form of a hollow body could act as a multi segmented bladder which could have optional pumps attached to?​
With such as sealed vessel (the bladder exoskeleton) one could flood it for traditional river fording. Or evacuate it of atmosphere (most common use I would imagine) which makes it a better insulator. Or even store, compress, transport gasses & liquids:​
Would be tricky if you are also able to do @thirdrowtesla seating. The tailgate would need to be water tight for the whole boat thing. But the places we want to take the CyberTruck with less atmosphere (mars/moon) would need an air tight tonneau (AirLock):​
Sponsored

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
----------------

Elon said
"cross rivers, lakes & even seas that aren’t too choppy".
"Needs be able to get from Starbase to South Padre Island, which requires crossing the channel".

The channel between Starbase and South Padre Island is not some small placid lake with no surface wind and no chop like you might find in the Adirondacks of New York State.

Elon said "too choppy".
He did not say "no chop" nor "no wakes" nor did he say it would require completely placid water surface.

GlockandRoll

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche on the weekends, diesel truck mon-fri
Occupation
Arms dealer and musician
Country flag
I'm trying to remember where I saw it, maybe him on the last JRE appearance, but think he said it will weigh nearly 7500lbs.

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Yes, the same legacy auto industry that said Tesla was going bankrupt for last 10 years, Tesla could not make a profit, that Tesla could not scale production (now has one of most productive factories in world).

For annual sales units next year (and probably several years in the future until robotaxis arrive) the full BEV Tesla Model Y will be the most popular full-size car (not mini city car) in the world ( ICE, hybrid or BEV) despite Model Y being much more expensive than the previous (10+ year) annual sales units record holder the $20K Toyota Corolla.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
honestly I would, and might, just put a gas outboard on it.
But ill let the youtubers test it out 1st

bad61

First Name
TODD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 volt and 2013 ford ev getting cybertruck
Occupation
RETIRED
Country flag
See what?
A floating boat truck. How would have it survived with a body of stainless steel. 240 volts electric motor with a propeller shoved in the hitch receiver. Air bags on front and back to help with floatation and pushing things. .A flood emergency vehicle.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
A floating boat truck. How would have it survived with a body of stainless steel. 240 volts electric propelled shoved in the hitch receiver. Air bags on front and back .A Hurricane emergency vehicle.
Hurricanes have a tendency to sink boats... And Elon did qualify that the water should not be "too choppy". I'm guessing most bodies of water in a hurricane would be "too choppy".
Sponsored