KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Looks like a CGI because nothing on the road looks like it! Can't believe we're soon gonna be seeing tons of these in rush hour on the 405 in LA 🤯

The spotter was driving a F-150 btw 😆

Sponsored

Bill837

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Z4, 2015 Cherokee Trailhawk, 2008 R1200RT
Occupation
Aviation Weapons/Systems
Country flag
Now take that darn thing to the Petersen and park them next to each other.

RayzorBEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY LR, R1T QM, R1S QM, Zero S ZF, Cyberbeast
Occupation
Electric Bum
Country flag
Looks like a CGI because nothing on the road looks like it! Can't believe we're soon gonna be seeing tons of these in rush hour on the 405 in LA 🤯

The spotter was driving a F-150 btw 😆

Better have the spotter's F150 look at, the 'Check Engine's light is on, lol!

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 MYLR, '23 Mavrick Hybrid, Cyberbeast 113344xxx
Occupation
Current Operations for... an organization
Country flag
... OR you buy a $7.99 ELM327 OBDII reader on Amazon and read/clear the code yourself. I've "fixed" several "Your gas cap is loose" codes for friends. I just keep it in my truck. It connects wirelessly to my phone and I use the free "Torque" app.

Ratso

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75 Monte carlo, 74 K5 Blazer, 85 Chevy van, 89 Pontiac 6000, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Chevy Silverado, and my last car will be Cybertruck tried motor.
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Looks sharp

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
... OR you buy a $7.99 ELM327 OBDII reader on Amazon and read/clear the code yourself. I've "fixed" several "Your gas cap is loose" codes for friends. I just keep it in my truck. It connects wirelessly to my phone and I use the free "Torque" app.
OBD codes don't always imply a direct corrective action. A bad O2 sensor could send a code pointing you to replace the MAP sensor or perhaps the O2 sensor is fine but you have a slight leak in a vacuum hose.
If there is any criticism of Mechanics is that they will eventually replace the MAP sensor and the O2 sensor before they do the hard work of finding a vacuum leak. So they will charge hundreds of dollar to eventually fix a old hose.
Detecting a leak in a vacuum hose require exceptional hearing or other techniques that are downright dangerous like spraying starter fluid on your hoses.
Bottom line: modern cars are too complicated without better built in diagnostics. EVs are simpler and lend themselves to simpler troubleshooting because much of the mechanical systems are not there.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
At first I read that as a BLACK light panel. Was starting to imagine a night-club environment inside the CT cabin.
Sponsored