John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Occupation
Sales
Country flag
Why don't you tell us where we r in line for the cybertruck instead of going thru hoops
Sponsored

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Why don't you tell us where we r in line for the cybertruck instead of going thru hoops
No one owes you anything. Stop being lazy, if you want to know your place in line, do a little work to figure it out. It's not rocket science.

Zapharus

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 '22, Element '11, DM Cybertruck preorder
Country flag

No one owes you anything. Stop being lazy, if you want to know your place in line, do a little work to figure it out. It's not rocket science.
I can understand the frustration a lot of people, who put down a deposit, are feeling. But does it really matter where we are in line when the thing isn’t even close to being built in large quantities other than the occasional prototype?

The other commenter who replied to you was unnecessarily harsh, he didn’t have to reply in that abrasive manner when the reservation tool he’s most likely referring to is not official and there’s no official word that it’s even accurate. Everyone needs to chill out. lol

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
I asked Elon, and he said "Where? Right here... Look... See, right here, that's where. Go ahead and look".

I was too scared to look down to see what he was doing. He knows he can do whatever he wants to us at this point.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Cybertruck owners club, the spreadsheet, and the people who post here are not affiliated with Tesla.

Nobody here has access to the information you are looking for. The best they can do is provide a tool which allows people to come up with a sort-of-useful estimate of what position you are in line and when the delivery date is.

The position in line is a best guess and subject to a lot of guesswork.

The delivery date is subject to the same errors position in line is, but also nobody here knows when Tesla will actually start production, how quickly production will ramp, and what “Volume Production” will look like.

If you want to be frustrated with Tesla, you are not alone. Don’t blame the forum or the spreadsheet maker.

TomGriff

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
15 MS 70D, 17 Bolt Premier, CT Reserved, Yamaha T7
Country flag
If you saw how PLAIDs just rolled out, delivery order is unlikely to be solely on reservation number, there seemed to be other factors based on configuration and possibly region. All I know is with my late reservation it will be years for me.

If one is expecting great communication from Tesla then disappointment is on the horizon. They are still the EV leader, and I think they will need to improve customer service as the gap closes with other manufacturers. It should be said that there are plenty of anecdotes about other auto makers providing terrible service, so Tesla is not alone in that category. Tesla still offers a tremendous value compared to the competition considering similar optioned cars.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
I will say that the order/reservation number not being model specific seems like a huge smoke and mirror game on the part of Tesla. I know it is not meant for the user and not really built for the benefit of the customer. The internal tracking reservation list, if it actually tracks every order, hats, can opener, model 3 and jacket as well as the Cybertruck seems to be laughable.

SparkChaser

First Name
Leigh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck Ticket Holder, Ford Ranger, Mini Coup
Occupation
Airline Inspector
Country flag
Let alone being able to rank it by all the determining factors. Date of order, motor number, region and all the other things that should be a walk in the park for an excel sheet. Sorting by any one of these or a cascade search narrowing it down even further are just how excel works. The real problem I see is in the filtering out every order that is not a Cybertruck.

If that can be done the next problem is capturing all the information. Since it is dependent on the entry of us, the customer, makes it very limited in its effective ness. I really appreciate the efforts of those that put it together. This must be a labor of love. Many thanks for trying to help us out.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I will say that the order/reservation number not being model specific seems like a huge smoke and mirror game on the part of Tesla. I know it is not meant for the user and not really built for the benefit of the customer. The internal tracking reservation list, if it actually tracks every order, hats, can opener, model 3 and jacket as well as the Cybertruck seems to be laughable.
The order number is not meant as a tracking/ place in line indicator. Tesla generates a number which is used in their accounting system. They aren’t giving you that number as a form of communications, some people have “Decoded” it.

Personally, I think naval gazing at your order in line is a bit over the top. If you ordered in the first could days, you can expect your truck in the first year. If you ordered in the first month, likely second year. After that it’s 99% based on how big production grows.

Even quad versus dual motor is likely meaningless after the first 6 months to a year.

Bkent100

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
It manager
Country flag
I’m starting my own tracking list… and I’m first. Add yours to the list if you prefer… my list probably just as good as others…translation…. Who the hell knows how it works other than Elon, why frustrate yourself!!!

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
you know the tracker wasn't made by Tesla right?

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m starting my own tracking list… and I’m first. Add yours to the list if you prefer… my list probably just as good as others…translation…. Who the hell knows how it works other than Elon, why frustrate yourself!!!
For the Model Y and the Model 3 similar lists worked pretty well. Tesla wasn’t flying through orders and the wait was only 12 months or so between pre-order and production. So the margin of error was fairly small. When they started production, they could see which orders were getting filled first and see that orders on the west coast were getting filled first, or orders with white interiors were getting filled one week.

The list will probably be interesting again once production starts and you can see trends, but at the moment production start is just paused and there is no truth to find.