Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Reversing the driver's seat and controls isn't so difficult for a drive-by-wire system. It is true that I can't think of any other place that uses big trucks and your backwards wheel configuration, which means your market is very small.
is the CT drive by wire? That's the first I have heard of that. No current production Tesla's are fully DBW (at least not for the steering those are still mechanically linked)
Sponsored

Idaho_7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAM 3/4 ton
Country flag
If the CT incorporates everything said on "Battery Day" given the 18 months to 3 years to arrive at fruition: I still have one simple question ..... What's the new "Range" estimate?

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
What will be the range of think for 500bor 750 miles ?

mlhartley

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model 3 RWD, 2017 Chevrolet Volt,
Occupation
Retired Web Programmer
Country flag
These are correct, but I think our biggest problem may be that a right-hand drive version will be required for us and that will take some engineering which Tesla may choose to utilize on other work for larger markets. Ram trucks are now available in Australia and proving fairly popular but that only works because there is a Ram approved conversion company here doing the left to right conversion. There is no question CT would be popular here. The Toyota Hilux dual (twin) cab ute (pick-up) is the most popular vehicle followed by the Ford Ranger dual cab ute. It is only a question if Tesla sees a benefit in engineering and shipping the CT for Oz.
Elon did say Tesla needs a gigafactory on each continent. Perhaps you will have to wait for the factory.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I predict that the first 12-months of production will be under Elon‘s optimistic 200k - 250k per year estimate. I hope I am wrong but here are some of the obstacles that they will face;

-A new exoskeleton truck assembly technique
-Tesla has never worked with SS except for building CT prototypes
-New factory workers
-Production and quality of 3mm stainless steel sheets from supplier
-4680 battery cell supply

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
I predict that the first 12-months of production will be under Elon‘s optimistic 200k - 250k per year estimate. I hope I am wrong but here are some of the obstacles that they will face;

-A new exoskeleton truck assembly technique
-Tesla has never worked with SS except for building CT prototypes
-New factory workers
-Production and quality of 3mm stainless steel sheets from supplier
-4680 battery cell supply
Space X is going to share everything they know about the steel, suppliers, welding and other stuff. Everything except how to press it into a truck shape and they probably have ideas about that, as well.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
They won't really be pressing the steel into shape... Basically just folding it.

Range prediction: 620 miles /1,000 km.

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It really sounded like Elon doesn't want to hurt sales of powerwalls and was double speaking his way around using a CT battery for your home. Crissa mentioned it before, you can always use the outlets in the bed of the truck to plug things in.
I would certainly like to add a Powerball to my 5 year old Solar City now Tesla solar panels. I keep hoping the prices will come down.

Hoppi

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri-motor
Country flag
I would certainly like to add a Powerball to my 5 year old Solar City now Tesla solar panels. I keep hoping the prices will come down.
Personally I'd like to win a Powerball to help me pay for my CT and also a Powerwall installation. Have to play to win though. LOL.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
To manufacture 250,000 Cybertrucks per year would be awesome. If working 8 hour shifts/5 days a week that equates to slightly over 961 CT’s per day not counting Holidays. That’s a lot of stainless steel sheets and batteries:)

Tesla currently claims a production capacity at the Fremont factory of 490,000 vehicles per year:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck News From Battery Day: A/C Controls in Bed Possible and 200k-300k Annual Production Estimate Screen-Shot-2020-05-20-at-10.32.15-AM

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
They meant for the Vault to have a controlled temperature.

Also, there are controls for the ramp, the air pump, and the 120/240v AC outlets in the bed.

-Crissa
Sponsored