cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
That's not how proof works. You made a claim. You prove it.
your linking of two pop news articles *is*?

I already discussed it earlier in the post.
With Ford, they did nothing with the lightning. All Ford did is say that they would not prohibit dealers from coming up with terms. I’ve been very involved in the lightning forums, received one of the first trucks in the country, and there is not a known instance that anyone had a dealer both propose and ultimately receive any such resale restrictions. My dealership tried it with me, I told them to pound sand, and they never spoke of it again. Consumer backlash was swift against any dealer that postured like they’d require it - and if they did, people moved their delivery dealership.

also has already described above, General Motors had no terms similar to what Tesla is providing here. GM’s attempt, which as far as anyone can tell was rarely if ever used, stated that if someone resold within 6 months , (1) the vehicle’s warranty will be voided and (2) they will be prevented from placing a future reservation for another high-demand model (as determined by GM).

Tesla, since 2019 for the CT, has already had nearly identical terms as GM’s - it’s in the $100 order interest contract.

what Tesla is now proposing over and above that is unlike anything any major has ever attempted to impose.

if you’re left with any remaining confusion, feel free to do your own research
Sponsored

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
So, for the second time today, I will quote Shakespeare to CV13. 😁
Let me guess, you’ve also read To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, The Great Gatsby, and The Catcher in the Rye?

If you think I’ve written a lot about this, you should see my other posts.

I think this is bad for enthusiasts, and bad for Tesla.

and since the vehicle being present, it is already rife with compromises, this might be the issue that put me into the no buyer list.

So yeah, I care.

Too much? Maybe.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
your linking of two pop news articles *is*?

I already discussed it earlier in the post.
With Ford, they did nothing with the lightning. All Ford did is say that they would not prohibit dealers from coming up with terms. I’ve been very involved in the lightning forums, received one of the first trucks in the country, and there is not a known instance that anyone had a dealer both propose and ultimately receive any such resale restrictions. My dealership tried it with me, I told them to pound sand, and they never spoke of it again. Consumer backlash was swift against any dealer that postured like they’d require it - and if they did, people moved their delivery dealership.

also has already described above, General Motors had no terms similar to what Tesla is providing here. GM’s attempt, which as far as anyone can tell was rarely if ever used, stated that if someone resold within 6 months , (1) the vehicle’s warranty will be voided and (2) they will be prevented from placing a future reservation for another high-demand model (as determined by GM).

Tesla, since 2019 for the CT, has already had nearly identical terms as GM’s - it’s in the $100 order interest contract.

what Tesla is now proposing over and above that is unlike anything any major has ever attempted to impose.

if you’re left with any remaining confusion, feel free to do your own research
Is this guy still here?

Wow you're bored.

FarAway

First Name
I.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pontiac Torrent, TVR, F-250 Super Duty
Country flag
Let me guess, you’ve also read To Kill a Mockingbird, Animal Farm, The Great Gatsby, and The Catcher in the Rye?
Yes, yes, yes, and yes! Should we compare the length of our library "cards"? I would like that. :cool: I can give you a recommended reading list if you like.

If you think I’ve written a lot about this, you should see my other posts.
Yes, yes, yes, I have not only seen them, but I have also read ALL your posts, some are quite exquisite. Thank you for participating. Sincerely, you DO bring value. I enjoy reading every single word of your posts. I have personally liked quite a few. Please continue to participate. Thank you.

I think this is bad for enthusiasts, and bad for Tesla.
We disagree... is that allowed or verboten??

and since the vehicle being present, it is already rife with compromises, this might be the issue that put me into the no buyer list.
Oh, the humanity... (insert Hindenburg picture here)
Why all the angst? Can you list your compromises?
Pray tell, what will absolutely put you "into the no buyer list?"

So yeah, I care.
Great! Pretty sure everyone else here does also!

Too much? Maybe.
Nah, it's all good! Love you, Brother!
Good night.

Last edited:

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
When you buy an appliance, Furby, or whatever item you typically don't have it attached to your phone app, email, and credit card for supercharging. So for most commodity goods there's almost no way to track whether an individual flips it, and most people don't care because they will quickly make them in large numbers.

The CT doesn't have many equal alternatives. It is attached to the buyer's CC and app and email. So it's a lot easier for them to catch flippers.

If you want the product and the ability to do whatever you want with it immediately, then don't buy restricted CTs, Fords, Porches, etc.

People have literally moved their lives around for this product and with a 2MM long backlog it makes Tesla look bad too let bad actors in.

Don't like it, don't buy it.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wait a minute. Do you not believe in consenting adults being able to enter into binding agreements that benefit both parties?

When you placed your Cybertruck reservation, you agreed it was for your personal use.

When you complete a purchase/sale agreement, you will be agreeing to that again, with more specific terms. If you don't like the terms of the agreement, you don't have to enter into it. Nothing gives you the right to purchase a Cybertruck on your terms, because you are not the party who designed, developed, manufactured and offered it for sale. When you are the party holding the goods, you can do what you want with said goods, including selling them with restrictions.

This is basic contract law and many other manufacturers have had similar clauses for their high demand vehicles. I welcome it in this instance to create an orderly market and help early reservationists move to the front of the line as quickly as sensibly possible, without getting bumped by people trying to leverage the fact that there is a line by scalping for a higher price.

I applaud Tesla being pro-active on this point as we have waited long enough! Screw those rich bastards that didn't have the wherewithall to pre-order early! A line is a line, not a license to sell your place to the highest bidder. We all knew that going into this, at least those of us who read the reservation agreement knew that!
Similar to the "Right to Refuse Service" rules for establishments. If you don't follow their rules you don't get what they are selling.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Wow you're bored.
I’ve been locked in my house with COVID for 6 days, along with my wife, 5.5yo, 4yo, and 9mo

The boys at this point are like two anxious Rottweilers.

I also type with my thumbs for a living - ain’t no thang to bang out a helluva reply

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Tesla has never done this to people who reserved while there was a specific price. They always let them choose the lower price and wait, or cancelled it if Tesla thought they weren't going to get to that model within a year.

Otherwise, I think you're correct, and this is why Tesla took the price off the reservation page at a certain date.

If you damage it, they're just going to reduce the price, not be less likely to give you an offer.

Tesla includes taxes in their final price sheet, as far as I can discern.

So that might not be a worry.

-Crissa
If you wait for the reservation price you might be waiting a while. I don't think the model 3 launch was the same. Deposits were larger for one.

Bottom line, don't plan on flipping it for a quick $10k or more. Tesla wants that money. After the first year bragging rights won't matter.

It will be interesting to see if Tesla enforces this towards the end of the year when the spread is less and less.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I will not be willing to agree to that. Period.

I have no intention of "flipping" however things happen, change / circumstances usually happens unexpectedly and quickly.
Death would be worst case scenario - who would want to leave their family with this to deal with, on top of everything else?

If it's don't sign no truck, so be it.

would be a nightmare for Tesla if it were repoed by the lender, and the lender sells at more than purchase price, after all the lenders hold the title until fully paid off.
It's like a right of refusal. If you die the truck can go to your family and that probably is green lit by Tesla. If your family doesn't want it then it can probably be sold by the estate which is also probably green lit by Tesla.

GuyV

First Name
Guy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
So, for the second time today, I will quote Shakespeare to CV13. 😁

FWIW, the one early this morning came at the very end of a long discussion about lawyers. I believe it was deleted by moderators with numerous other posts (all way off topic of course, lol). Mine was one of the very last ones in that string and concerned Shakespeare's Henry the 6th and lawyers (I was defending the attorneys, BTW).

CV13, I have to ask, why all the angst about the 1 year no resale clause? You have posted way over a thousand words and logged many hours on the keyboard railing against Tesla's desired anti-flip policy. Ready for the Shakespeare? Now, I am quoting "Hamlet", "The lady doth protest too much, methinks".

Is it this just the scales of justice working in you, or do you have a financial interest in flipping? Have you reserved CTs to flip? Totally rhetorical question, but you can answer if you like.

Maybe it is my inner Ayn Rand speaking (or my inner Libra) but I think in a capitalist society, Tesla is free to sell their vehicles any damn way they want. If they desire to restrict what the buyer does after the sell, so be it.

The buyer still is the ultimate arbiter and has two three choices:
1) Sign the Tesla contract and honor the vehicle ownership with the NO re-sale restrictions
2) Refuse to sign the contract because you choose not to honor the NO re-sale restriction and don't purchase the CT
3) Sign the Tesla contract, all the while knowing you will NOT honor the NO re-sale restrictions and fight it out in the courts.

Personally, I want the CT, I plan to keep and drive the truck. If situations change, IMHO, the contract has ALL the necessary and reasonable escape provisions without being 24 pages long. The problem with common sense, it is not too common. Bottom line, I am not worried about signing the contract for either me or my loved ones.

Cheers!
I would guess a c-suite lawyer type would be more likely on the other side of the flipping activity, acquiring them early for himself and facilitating for favored associates while they are rare, cutting edge and attention-grabbing.

Startreknerd

First Name
Devin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Medical Clerk
Country flag
I’ve been locked in my house with COVID for 6 days, along with my wife, 5.5yo, 4yo, and 9mo

The boys at this point are like two anxious Rottweilers.

I also type with my thumbs for a living - ain’t no thang to bang out a helluva reply
Well, get better

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sorry, but sure.
That is new to me, so tell me how?
You see the square brackets around the text when you reply?

Code:
[QUOTE="FarAway, post: 194878, member: 15527"]
Sorry, but sure.
[/QUOTE]
Just copy-paste the quote tags to open and close the part you're quoting.

Code:
[QUOTE="FarAway, post: 194878, member: 15527"]
Sorry, but sure.
[/QUOTE]
Okay.

[quote]
[/QUOTE]
Sure!  I hope this helps.
Which becomes:

Sorry, but sure.
Okay.