Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Nice job Chris. Love you
So glad the software update came in time.. It literally made a HUGE difference... But my heart still stopped a bunch of times..

Nice job EDC. Love your content btw.

Freemarket

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Stay at home Daddy
Country flag
Nice! Really looks like Tesla did a great job in the automated crawl mode. I’m looking forward to trying it out.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Great footage!

Jow

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FJ Cruiser, '94 Bronco
Occupation
Biz Owner
Country flag
liiitle long, but like most other vids, 1.25x to 1.5x helps

Reactions: edc

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
So glad the software update came in time.. It literally made a HUGE difference... But my heart still stopped a bunch of times..

Thanks for sharing your adventure.

For your next off-road adventure, just so you know, High suspension mode would have worked there better. Extract mode is for a gnarly situation that could risk puncturing the battery protection. Even Very High mode is a compromise in terms of suspension action but Extract mode pretty much tops out the suspension and reduces the amount of wheel articulation available, so it's best used only as necessary.

Plus, the truck looks so much better in the lower suspension modes. In Extract mode it looks out of balance (if you care how good your videos look).

Also, picking the right line can reduce the height of suspension mode needed to clear the high spots by 1-3 suspension levels, depending upon the scenario.

OP
OP
edc

edc

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X, Y, Cybertruck
Country flag
Thanks for sharing your adventure.

For your next off-road adventure, just so you know, High suspension mode would have worked there better. Extract mode is for a gnarly situation that could risk puncturing the battery protection. Even Very High mode is a compromise in terms of suspension action but Extract mode pretty much tops out the suspension and reduces the amount of wheel articulation available, so it's best used only as necessary.

Plus, the truck looks so much better in the lower suspension modes. In Extract mode it looks out of balance (if you care how good your videos look).

Also, picking the right line can reduce the height of suspension mode needed to clear the high spots by 1-3 suspension levels, depending upon the scenario.
oh cool good tips!

ChristianNO

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered CT. Toyota Hilux Actric Trucks AT37
Country flag
@edc

40psi is almost near to normal street-pressure.

next try something like 20psi. I do not know if the rims
can hold lower pressure. On my Hilux with 17“ rims I can
go down to 7psi if needed.

lower pessure Gives you more rubber on the ground which
means more gripp.
this gives you also the chance to manage the same
challenge without diff-locks.

cardad

First Name
Kelvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R1S, R1T, Bronco Raptor
Country flag
@edc

40psi is almost near to normal street-pressure.

next try something like 20psi. I do not know if the rims
can hold lower pressure. On my Hilux with 17“ rims I can
go down to 7psi if needed.

lower pessure Gives you more rubber on the ground which
means more gripp.
this gives you also the chance to manage the same
challenge without diff-locks.
Your hilux is like 3k pounds lighter and with 17” rims and equivalent tires you have a lot more sidewall to work with. 20 psi is a no go unless you want to test the limits of the sidewalls and/or beads. Pretty sure Tesla recommends 30+ psi when airing down and that should be fine for most situations. I don’t think 7 is going to get this chunk unstuck from deep sand with the stock wheel and tire setup anyway. Need to put 37s on it…

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Your hilux is like 3k pounds lighter and with 17” rims and equivalent tires you have a lot more sidewall to work with. 20 psi is a no go unless you want to test the limits of the sidewalls and/or beads. Pretty sure Tesla recommends 30+ psi when airing down and that should be fine for most situations. I don’t think 7 is going to get this chunk unstuck from deep sand with the stock wheel and tire setup anyway. Need to put 37s on it…
Tesla recommends a low pressure limit of 36 psi. with the All Terrain tires supplied on the Cybertruck. In most situations there is no need to go even that low. People shoot themselves in the foot by using ultra low pressures, not only because the tire might not stay seated, but the additional flexing of the sidewalls causes fatigue in the fiber reinforcement, so the tire becomes more susceptible to damage and punctures over time.

Only air down as far as necessary for the terrain involved. I would air down to 40 psi for comfort, and only take it to 36 psi if you actually need to. The lower the pressure used, the more gently one should drive.
Sponsored