OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
What's the consensus on CT options vs standard equipment?

My thoughts

Option: Tow package with integrated brake controller
Option: Winter package (heated seats and steering wheel)
Option: Solar tonneau cover (already confirmed)
Option: Premium interior
Option: Premium sound

Standard: No tow hitch
Standard: No heated seats or steering wheel
Sponsored

rharl

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cyber truck tri motor
Occupation
insurance
Country flag
I still think the Tri Motor and the Plaid version might be two different packages. The difference might be software but I could easily see that that could cost more. The tri motor has never been called "plaid" by Must just that he would drive a Plaid cybertruck.

OP
OP

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
I still think the Tri Motor and the Plaid version might be two different packages. The difference might be software but I could easily see that that could cost more. The tri motor has never been called "plaid" by Must just that he would drive a Plaid cybertruck.

Well, I think the tri motor drive train WILL be the Plaid setup, just detuned for the CT. 0 to 60 in under 2.9 seconds is certain Plaid-esque. Why the tri motor is half the price of the MS Plaid is hard to grasp.

DarinCT

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3, CT triM
Country flag
Standard: L-track running both sides of the bed per the pictures we've already seen.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Options VS Standard Equipment tesla-cybertruck-hook-1-1024x565

Option: T-slots in the (SS 30X) bed a la 80/20 aluminum track. (This has been talked about a lot and there may already be T-slots in the bed but it is unconfirmed.)

Standard: Goodyear Wrangler Kevlar MT/R
Option: Some other tire, maybe a 35 road and/or maybe a larger off-road

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
Well, I think the tri motor drive train WILL be the Plaid setup, just detuned for the CT. 0 to 60 in under 2.9 seconds is certain Plaid-esque. Why the tri motor is half the price of the MS Plaid is hard to grasp.
The standard CT is half the price of the standard Model S. I'm still shocked at the CT pricing. I think they are counting on some real manufacturing savings with the basic shape, no paint, and battery improvements.

rodmacpherson

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt, Nissan LEAF
Occupation
Security Architect (IT/Infosec)
Country flag
IMO if heated seats and steering are standard in other Tesla models they should also be standard in CT. I don't know about other markets, but I can't order a Model 3 without heated seats, and side mirrors in Canada, and that is how I feel it should be. They even come with heated charging port now. Heated steering is supposedly on it's way (made in China model 3s have this already at least as an option)

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The standard CT is half the price of the standard Model S. I'm still shocked at the CT pricing. I think they are counting on some real manufacturing savings with the basic shape, no paint, and battery improvements.
These are my thoughts as well, but a low price/profit can create the hype needed for sales surges.

I could be mistaken but I would believe the market for Tesla to make a high priced "luxury" truck would be a very niche market. It would sell but not enough to make an impact Tesla is looking for.

Doubtful and arguable but the current non-tri models may even not be very profitable to start with but become profitable down the road as manufacturing costs and improvements take place over the life cycle. I could see the Tri model being profitable right off the start due to the 20k premium over the dual model. Anyway you look at it, its a statement that even the most sacred US ICE platform, the truck, can done potentially better via electric for the mass use cases.

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
These are my thoughts as well, but a low price/profit can create the hype needed for sales surges.

I could be mistaken but I would believe the market for Tesla to make a high priced "luxury" truck would be a very niche market. It would sell but not enough to make an impact Tesla is looking for.

Doubtful and arguable but the current non-tri models may even not be very profitable to start with but become profitable down the road as manufacturing costs and improvements take place over the life cycle. I could see the Tri model being profitable right off the start due to the 20k premium over the dual model. Anyway you look at it, its a statement that even the most sacred US ICE platform, the truck, can done potentially better via electric for the mass use cases.
I don't know if we'll ever see the single motor. I think they'll sell the tri for the first year, then move to the dual. That will give it that expensive, elite status early, and people will be proud when they can get their dual, and maybe the single at some point. The dual will be the volume seller.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
This video may help explain to you why Tesla can bring so much truck for such a low price.
Sandy Munro says Tesla is saving at least $500,000,000 in costs just from skipping the paint shop. Say there are 1 million CTs ordered. The cost to paint them is a unit cost of $500. For ever $1 in cost the auto manufacturers typically charge 5 times that to make a profit. You just saved $2500 by getting your CT in the raw. That is just one cost cutter.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I consolidated info I collected to start building this into a list. Any adds, deletions o changes I can edit or repost, if desired.

TESLA STANDARD: Tesla AI/infotainment Hardware3, TeslaFi, Tesla 17” touchscreen, Tesla.app, Tesla Climate Control(remote roof venting), Tesla HEPA Air Filtration, Tesla OTA update , Tesla keyfob, Tesla AUTOPILOT, Tesla PDU, Tesla Electric RWD motor (1), Tesla Lithium Battery, Tesla structural battery pack,Tesla Octovalve heat pump to warm/cool batteries, Tesla Armor Glass, Rubber Floor Mats, Synthetic Armor Cloth Interior, Center Fold-Down Front Seat / Cup Holder Stowage/ Junk Caddy

CYBERTRUCK STANDARD:
Cybertruck User Interface, 60amp charge cable, 12v Aux. battery,
Cybertruck 30X ultra hardened cold rolled S.S, Cybertruck wheel protectors, Cybertruck A-T 6ply Goodyear tires, Cybertruck Adaptive-Air suspension, Onboard 240V/110V, Onboard Air Compressor, Pass-through Door, L&R Rearview Mirrors, Self-Leveling Suspension, Tailgate Light Bar, Vault Tailgate Load Lighting, Vault Tailgate Loading Ramp, Vault Interior Convenience Lighting, Overhead LED Strip Lighting in Cab, Steering Wheel, Pop Out Motorized Door Handles, Active Tonneau LED Indicator Lamp, Motorized Vault tonneau cover, Factory Vault L-track rails, Fatory T-slots in Bed, Frunk Stowaway, Hidden Storage Beneath Vault Floor and Rear seat, Sail Pillar Stowage. 12V Power ports, USB Charge ports

SAFETY STANDARD:
Front Dual Airbags
Four-Wheel Anti-Lock Brakes
Crush zone alloy chassis
Side Door Impact Beams
Self-righting moment CG
Front Integrated LED Projector Strip Forward Lighting
Front Center Roof Mount LED Running Lights (5) - AMBER, standard
Integrated Center Roof Mount LED Driving Light (1) - CLEAR, standard
Rear Center High Mount LED Stop Light - RED standard
Fourway, four corner hazard warning lights - RED/AMBER, standard
Tonneau Active LED Indicator
AI augmented rain actuated windscreen wipers
Bulletproof 3mm ultra-hard, cold-rolled S.S.-alloy Exoskeleton
Head restraint headrests
Three-Point ALR/ELR Seatbelts (ALR only on driver seat)
Child Protector Rear Door Locks
Child Protector Electric Windows (choke and heat)

*CYBERTRUCK OPTIONS:*
Tesla FSD Full Self-Driving Capability

Cybertruck Dual Motor (Model 3’s permanent-magnet rear motor up front; Model S/X’s large inductive rear motor in back - see RAVEN option)

Cybertruck Tri-Motor AWD (front-wheel differential motor driven with dual motors at each of the rear wheels, two 74 kW Trimotor packs double stacked, multiple (96A) charge ports same as Tesla Semi, see PLAID option)

Cybertruck RAVEN “Matte Black” ?
Cybertruck PLAID, Ludicrous mode?
Cybertruck Solar Tonneau
Tesla 11 kW Generator Connection Kit

Winter option
(Heated seats, Steering wheel, WS de-ice, door handle de-ice, Outside Temp.ICE warning, mud mats, tow hooks and Tesla chains 4ea.)

Tow Package
( Tesla Camera Active Rear View Backup Mirror, Trailer wiring connectors, Electric trailer brakes, tow hitch, Backup LED Light, TPMS trailer integration )

Interior Premium Upgrade
Cyberquad Electric ATV
Long Range Cybertruck double-stacked battery box

FUTURE
Cybertruck “BAJA”

Edits:
Long Range Cybertruck Update 14JAN2020

Last edited:

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
This video may help explain to you why Tesla can bring so much truck for such a low price.
Sandy Munro says Tesla is saving at least $500,000,000 in costs just from skipping the paint shop.

and thats just the cap. ex. Doesnt even touch on the savings from what it costs to actually paint a vehicle once you have built a $.5B paint shop (i.e. employee time, paint, maintanence, etc)
same principle applies for the simple folds rather than a stamping press

myco.rrhizae

First Name
Myco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 4.9L, Chevy Volt, Tri-Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Carpenter
Country flag
Is anyone selling a pickup that doesn't come with a tow hitch?!
I sure hope not.
A 'tow package option for a pickup would usually be an added brake controller and a backup camera, but the brake controller will definitely be software and the vehicles already have rear cameras so im guessing that is all standard on cybrtrk.
Sponsored