Reaction score
Vehicles
13' F150, 17' Explorer, 13' Cruz, 13' Clubman
Occupation
Retired USSF SNCO, REALTOR®
Country flag
Would love just to see basic specs
?%, Yes, yes yes.
The turning radius and wheel travel are high on my list of questions.

I would like a nondescript heavy duty lightweight truck cover as a purchase option. I guess that more of an accessory then an option.

VolklKatana

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3 LR AWD FSD, CT3 reserved
Occupation
Data Architect
Country flag
Go take a look at tesla's other vehicles, they aren't all about giving lots of options, because it costs more to integrate that into the mfg line. i wouldn't be surprised at all if the only options were FSD and interior color. There will be no exterior color options as previously stated by Elon, and I could see them going with an aggressive looking tire that still gives good road performance. They dont want a tire on it that will suck significant miles off the range. Elon has stated their goal is to make this truck as fast as possible from a manufacturing standpoint. Every 'option' adds to that time.

Folks on this forum are always wanting options that are specific to their use case, completing the Baha on a single charge, towing a house, plowing and salting as a county truck in the winter, etc. Do you look for this in any other truck? No, not without significant modification. Tesla is going to make a vehicle that can do normal truck things, be bulletproof, be aggressive looking, do the things Elon has spoken to, and it will do it as the best electric truck out there. I know people want to dream and that's great, but I am incredibly worried there will be so many disappointed people out there because it appears there is 0 tempering of expectations.

Rant over ?

Last edited:

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Go take a look at tesla's other vehicles, they arent all about giving lots of options, because it costs more to integrate that into the mfg line. i wouldnt be surprised at all if the only options were FSD and interior color. There will be no exterior color options as previously stated by elon, and i could see them going with an aggressive looking tire that still gives good road performance. they dont want a tire on it that will suck significant miles off the range. Elon has stated their goal is to make this truck as fast as possible from a manufacturing standpoint. Every 'option' adds to that time.

Folks on this forum are always wanting options that are specific to their use case, completing the Baha on a single charge, towing a house, plowing and salting as a county truck in the winter, etc. do you look for this in any other truck? No, not without significant modification. Tesla is going to make a vehicle that can do normal truck things, be bulletproof, be aggressive looking, do the things Elon has spoken to, and it will do it as the best electric truck out there. I know people want to dream and thats great, but I am incredibly worried there will be so many disappointed people out there because it appears there is 0 tempering of expectations.

Rant over ?
You forgot chemical resistant, V2G, solar bat wings....

Owner13669

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, one option that wont be offered is the fool proof "Happy Wife Option".

I have the most amazing wife/partner/best friend. BUT, when she was in college she bought a BMW, and being a car guy, I did the PPI (pre purchase inspection) on it. That car had every problem a car could have and she lost $2k when she sold it. She HATES BMWs because of that one car.

When VW had Dieselgate we all sold our TDIs back to VW (made a killing!), and I bought a BMW, diesel, awd, wagon, red leather interior, 600 watt stereo, 42mpg. It's the ONE thing we argue about. I have nearly 200k miles on the car and its been pure hell.

Buy the CT, forget the wife's opinion. If I can grin and bear it for all of married mankind, you can too.

To remain on topic, I really hope it has, or as an option, front and rear heated seats and heated steering wheel. I never knew I needed a heated steering wheel until I bought a BMW! HA!!
I have lupus. My hands and feet hurt as one of the symptoms, and I have three fingers that have “trigger finger”. The heated steering wheel in my Chevy bolt really, really helps.

RedBeardNP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Nissan Leaf; cybertruck - reserved
Occupation
Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
another happy heated steering wheel owner here.

Especially this time of year where I am it isn't super cold in the mornings, maybe mid 40s. So sitting in my car dressed appropriately I don't really need the heater but that leather steering wheel sure is cold without the heated option

RonM

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F150 CrewCab, future Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The thing I'm most excited about currently is when Tesla finally allows us to pick our options for the Cybertruck.

My wife hates how the Cybertruck looks, but when the options come out....I think she'll get a little more excited about things. I told her that she can help me choose the options and then maybe she'll change her mind about the whole thing.

You would think this would be coming soon since the factory is currently being built and start of production is what 8 months ish???

Thoughts?
Well if the wife is not happy :mad: after you get your CT, you might be in the dog ?? house. Won’t that be a great adventure! ??‍♂?‍♂?‍♂ Sleeping in you own private dog house (CT) with all the comforts of home, internet, Netflix, a/c, heat, comfy seats that lay back into a bed, glass roof to watch the stars, and if you park near a tree, ? bathroom facilities (bring your own TP).

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I agree. My wife’s major concern was being the only one in town driving one. After I told her there are thousands of reservations in Oregon she warmed up.
I agree with her. I would like to avoid the time period when the CT is that crazy looking new truck with super car looks, that has everyone's attention. My reservation isn't supposed to be delivered until Aug. 2022. Hopefully by that time they'll be fairly common place in So. Cal. BUT, it's going to be difficult waiting.:)

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Well if the wife is not happy :mad: after you get your CT, you might be in the dog ?? house. Won’t that be a great adventure! ??‍♂?‍♂?‍♂ Sleeping in you own private dog house (CT) with all the comforts of home, internet, Netflix, a/c, heat, comfy seats that lay back into a bed, glass roof to watch the stars, and if you park near a tree, ? bathroom facilities (bring your own TP).
LOL, I'm picturing that in my head. The wife says, "since you like that TRUCK so much, go sleep with it"!!!!! Park the CT in the backyard, plug it in and that's your new add-on bedroom.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Ultimate man cave!