Cybertruck Paint? Production Jobs Listed as "Paint" Related

TechOps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, ex-Model S
Country flag
I was checking out the job postings @ Giga Texas for Cybertruck, and they have roles in the expected areas - stamping, casting, drive units, battery packs, etc. But a couple of the posted openings surprised me a bit:

Production Supervisor, Cybertruck, Paint
Production Associate Manager, Cybertruck, Paint

I was not expecting paint-focused roles. Any ideas what they would be painting? Smaller components or subassemblies? Or could there be some exterior paint (the rumored matte black, etc.)?
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Not sure.... could it be there is a paint option ?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I was checking out the job postings @ Giga Texas for Cybertruck, and they have roles in the expected areas - stamping, casting, drive units, battery packs, etc. But a couple of the posted openings surprised me a bit:

Production Supervisor, Cybertruck, Paint
Production Associate Manager, Cybertruck, Paint

I was not expecting paint-focused roles. Any ideas what they would be painting? Smaller components or subassemblies? Or could there be some exterior paint (the rumored matte black, etc.)?
Aluminum and other internal components have to be corrosion or oxidation proofed. Obviously not the exoskeleton.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
John from Cleanerwatt does a good job of dispelling the idea that CT will be painted. He does go through the points we have mentioned then adds a few more points of fact.

Amazing who many news blogs and vlogs repeat the same, unproven rumor without any thought unto the matter.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I predict that the BIW, the cab section, is a traditional combination of steel alloys, NOT stainless steel for affordability reasons.

The BIW will be assembled from steel stampings that will be assembled using robot welding and industrial structural adhesives.

It will then pass through a traditional dip tank and robotically painted black or silver.

Tesla will employ some type of catholic protection to prevent galvanic corrosion
occurring between the steel, aluminum Giga castings and the stainless steel skin.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Paint? Production Jobs Listed as "Paint" Related 1680372966457

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Franz verified the importance and savings in not painting the Cybertruck in his recent Motertrend sit down . How silly it was also to put a delicate exterior on a truck built with 1st principals. Wrap as an option makes sense though

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I predict that the BIW, the cab section, is a traditional combination of steel alloys, NOT stainless steel for affordability reasons.

The BIW will be assembled from steel stampings that will be assembled using robot welding and industrial structural adhesives.

It will then pass through a traditional dip tank and robotically painted black or silver.
Curiously, this is one of the places where Tesla says they are going to deviate from the traditional vehicle assembly. In the unboxed video, Tesla suggested their new process will paint parts which need to be painted first, then they will be assembled.

Rallo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Cadillac XT5
Country flag
I’ll consider wrapping mine.
Sponsored