Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Because it still isn't Wednesday... I am rewatching the video looking for some nuggets to pass the time. Any idea what this shape is? Could be the rear view screen/mirror. Or maybe the center screen? It looks to big for a rear view mirror and to high for the center screen. ?

ct interior.JPG
Think you are looking at the reflection of the folded side view mirror on the drivers side.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Yes he did say it will recognize you and self present. (Facial recognition) Didn't he also mention that the camera inside will do the same thing as you stepped in it would change everything to your settings without you doing a thing.
He said it would recognize you, didn’t suggest how. My impression is the same way my existing Tesla does, with the phone.

Lots of possible issues with facial recognition and being able to drive off with my expensive car or gear inside it.

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
The frunk definitely has a trick up its sleeve. That seam makes me dream up an idea where it can flip up to reveal a winch and/or folds out of the way when you open the frunk to make a nice opening.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] front

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Nope. I'm talking about the serrated metallic rail. Looks like detents and a slit. I'll adjust my arrows...

railpoint.jpg

Maybe for a tie-down system. But, I'm not familiar with it.
Still think its the shape of the plastic. Highlights from reflections of the plastic. That "metal" line doesnt extend all the way back to the bed wall, which to me suggests its highlights from the smooth plastic curvature.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Nope. I'm talking about the serrated metallic rail. Looks like detents and a slit. I'll adjust my arrows...

railpoint.jpg

Maybe for a tie-down system. But, I'm not familiar with it.
I think it is the tie down system.... we used similar type on the plane. Very easy to adjust and get precise attachment points. But it does look like an LED strip is above it as well. 2:54 in leaked video @ GigaTX

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
You speak of this as it is not 30x Cold rolled steel..... should it not handle all you can throw at it... literally?!?
Agreed, what happened to the best part is no part mantra?

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
the prototype had alloys under the hubcaps also

and the windshield wiper is not a finalized design

cybertruck_proto.jpg

(this screen grab is from the video Tesla posted after the initial reveal to show everyone they were throwing the ball at the glass prior to the event, which may weakened the glass)
But the earlier wiper is different from this one.... this one looks production.

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
He said it would recognize you, didn’t suggest how. My impression is the same way my existing Tesla does, with the phone.

Lots of possible issues with facial recognition and being able to drive off with my expensive car or gear inside it.
What you say is true, however he mentioned "without the phone" if I remembered correctly. That's why it was such a big deal. If it was just off your phone, then its nothing special about that... This is not set in stone, this is just from what I remembered... but I am getting old so....
Sponsored