intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I thought it seemed more apparent in the walk around video that is was smaller. I am going to have to go back to some of the videos of the original unveiling to get sense for the scale but it sure seems smaller to my eyes, more like the mid size variant. Total speculation on my part but I am hoping/thinking they will announce the mid size version on Wednesday and this is the first prototype of it.
I hope they do NOT announce a mid size version. Let's get this model into Beta and then into some test mules and then into production before they take on anything that could possibly slow down initial production of the first 250,000 or so.

The actual selling price is going to scare off a lot of people, and crush their dreams. There will never be a $39,000 version. IMO since this is taking so long to come out, inflation and demand will push the FIRST round of vehicles towards the $80,000 price point. With promises to come back later and build "cheaper" models. Which by the time you get to 2025 and 2026, just won't happen.

Is everyone on these message boards okay paying $80,000 for their CyberTruck?

BigAl

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I wonder who leaked this video...worker at GigaTexas. Can't make him out in his reflections in the Cybertruck windows, but someone might.

I am okay with the shorter front end. And the mirrors.

Dislikes. Hate that they are not building it anytime "soon". *Soon as defined by the dictionary as in the next few weeks. Sometimes months.

Per Elon, Tesla is "Aiming for production in 2023". Does that mean the first units roll out in time for Thanksgiving 2023? And the first 150,000 are delivered to buyers in 2024?

I am outside 150,000 on the waiting list, so I have to wait until 2025? That is a looooong time to keep waiting.
Not much of a guess when the truck looks like it's recording the whole thing... notice the lights flashing giving him warnings... Just Press Play!

EVOverlanding

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rivian R1T, Cybertruck FS Order
Country flag
Windshield wiper needs to be an passenger side suspect that it could be a blind spot situation with the driver.
If it's on the passenger side it wont move water/snow/bugs out of the vision of the driver. Similar to this but image that snow infront of the driver.
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Photos Leaked! ? [Added: Video Showing Whole Truck -- Rear & Bed] 1643041065835

RMK!

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Model 3 SR, CT on order
Country flag
Interesting to see the photos and video. I have never found this vehicle attractive but I'm good with the look because there is sound engineering behind the form. My priorities are the vehicles utility and that starts with reliability (design simplicity), range, maneuverability, cargo handling and lastly performance (speed/power). They seem to be on track in satisfying all my requirements and so I remain a faithful reservation holder who can wait as long as necessary for a good, well vetted final product.

My experience with the Model Y and Model 3 gives me hope that this will be a game changer sport utility vehicle.

BTW, I installed home charging and received 2000 miles of Supercharging credits with those 2 cars. I am going to have to make a concerted effort to use the free miles before expiration in June 2022. The point of this is a happy EV owning experience depends upon easy access to charging. Without that, it would be a hassle so keep that in mind ... Measure twice, cut once.

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Not necessarily. If shortening it means you can't see the corners of the hood it's worse for parking/maneuvering as you have no reference points. I would also say frunk space is quite important, that was a big hit marketing wise for the F-150L.

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
I hope they do NOT announce a mid size version. Let's get this model into Beta and then into some test mules and then into production before they take on anything that could possibly slow down initial production of the first 250,000 or so.

The actual selling price is going to scare off a lot of people, and crush their dreams. There will never be a $39,000 version. IMO since this is taking so long to come out, inflation and demand will push the FIRST round of vehicles towards the $80,000 price point. With promises to come back later and build "cheaper" models. Which by the time you get to 2025 and 2026, just won't happen.

Is everyone on these message boards okay paying $80,000 for their CyberTruck?
ive been saving up for a year to buy it cash. i will go as high as 100k. just dropped 20k on tesla stock this morning. tesla stock on sale rn before it booms up to 1400.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
I too am in the real wheel camp. I couldn't stand the aero hubcaps.

Thus thing looks amazing. On one hand leaks like this get me dreaming about it in my garage. But on the other hand it makes the wait even more difficult. I'm in the 20k range I hope this is mine 1yr from now.
No sales within 1 year. But at 20K at least you have a shot at getting a CT in 2-2.5 years.

cybguy

First Name
Pablo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 Pilatus PC-12, 2016 Bolt, 2024 Forester
Occupation
Temporarily unRetired
Country flag
Does it look smaller to anyone else? The original looked larger than life.
Camera angles make it hard to know. However this does look roughly 5% smaller overall. I'm fin with that.

uff_da

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I thought it seemed more apparent in the walk around video that is was smaller. I am going to have to go back to some of the videos of the original unveiling to get sense for the scale but it sure seems smaller to my eyes, more like the mid size variant. Total speculation on my part but I am hoping/thinking they will announce the mid size version on Wednesday and this is the first prototype of it.
After looking at some of videos from the unveiling, I am more uncertain of the size... to hard to tell from videos. Is it Wednesday yet?

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
honestly hope the plaid and quad motor is the aggressive big one and we dont get a size reduction. this thing needs to be a monster on the streets. no one wants a baby truck.