DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag
That's missing steps in automotive lingo.
Prototype includes:
  • Concept
  • Mule
  • Alpha
  • Beta
But then you also have:
  • Validation
  • Production Intent
  • Production
-Crissa
Yeah, that's why I said "roughly". :)

Beta it is. I like it and can't wait.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I would wager that the videos are not Leaked or Unauthorized
Tesla internal meeting: "Lets have some tesla team members dress up as construction workers and take quick flip phone videos to leak"

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
It would be great if this was in the driver profile. when you walk up it right heights the truck for you.
Depending on how high the suspension goes up, I thought it would be cool if the truck lifted to the highest point when parked to make it harder for people to look inside. Then as I walked up to it, it lowered to "Entry/Exit" height.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I don't care how sticky your bedliner is. 0-60MPH in 2.9 seconds is gonna require things be tied down.

In fact... I wonder if the tailgate latches are reinforced so that when I have my bowling ball collection in the back and I find myself lined up with a Corvette at a light....
I thought it would be. Fun to show up at the drags with 15 bales of hay in the back

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla internal meeting: "Lets have some tesla team members dress up as construction workers and take quick flip phone videos to leak"
This is how the construction Site pictures happened.

More sincere feeling than polished promotional videos. More likely to go viral than a polished demo reel.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Yep. I agree with you. Hoping those dimensions are maintained.
If those bed ridges are 4" off center (which makes sense), then the bed width should be approximately 5' wide. Being there is no wheel wells in the bed, this seems very likely. Based on the bed being visible longer than wide, I say we got ourselves a 6'-6.5' bed. This makes me happy and was one of my biggest concerns.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
I always thought that was overkill and spot for dirt to build up. Some good tie down points is all I need.
I agree as well, but would like to see a fair amount of tie down spots not just the 4 corners. I have hauled a lot of sand, mushroom compost, gravel, etc and the T-Slots in the bottom of the bed would be a nightmare to maintain.

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
The wiper on the vehicle from the Test track was different to this one. That one was completely straight from base to tip. This one has a kink from the base, so that the wiper is almost flush with the edge of the windscreen. Perhaps that's what he meant by not final? Can't imagine they will have anywhere else to put it, to be honest.
I am fairly certain its going to positioned where it currently is though the wipers design may still be a moving target. I have seen other photo's of the windshield glass and it has a spot in the lower driver side where it was designed to have a hole cut out for the rotational base of the wiper. I don't see them changing it this far into the game. I also do not see Tesla destroying the clean line of the hood to the windshield by creating a cavity to store the wiper blade in.

Last edited:

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
66 VW Bug, RAM 1500, Model 3, Bugatti Royale
Country flag
Nothing a $7.98 can of spray paint and a roll of masking tape can't fix

Ryan95738

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Occupation
CNA
Country flag
My current ride doesn't have real door handles. It has a small lip on the front doors, and nothing at all on the back.

So far, no troubles, but people who ride in the back do a double take the first time they want to open the door. All you need to do is hit a small button and it opens just enough to grab the door.
Sounds like you have a mustang MachE

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Depending on how high the suspension goes up, I thought it would be cool if the truck lifted to the highest point when parked to make it harder for people to look inside. Then as I walked up to it, it lowered to "Entry/Exit" height.
Peacock Mode! LOL.

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
I like it overall except for the bed. Keep it stainless with the t-tracks so we have areas to tie loads down. Most pick ups only have a few but by having those slots like in the original you’d have infinite tie down points.
Sponsored