Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I think Tesla wants to keep the suspension tight lipped until the production version is released. Why? The competition. You know they all pre-ordered one to reverse engineer and study in fine detail.
Sponsored

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Wow, it is a great truck and cannot wait to put it to work.
I am curious about the following:
1. How are they going to design the structure in order for the truck to be able to tow that much??
you cannot see underneath because it is all covered but the tow hitch is attached to what???

2. Suspension: it was not clear in the video how the cybertruck is designed?? I did not see the
the steering knuckle which is the part that contains the wheel hub or spindle, and attaches to the suspension and steering components.

anybody knows anything about the suspension design and how the truck is going to be able to tow that much?? how is it going to be a lot stronger than the Honda Ridgeline design???

Rivian showed the components underneath the body but tesla did not yet.
I trust that the professional engineers at Tesla have worked all that out....

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Anyone else notice the lack of cameras? I could only spot 4 on the video (one on each front fender facing rearward and two by the rear license plate). I can assume there are some facing forward in the windshield, or maybe in the lower front opening, but i cant seem to spot them.

cyberhunter

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Ram 2500, Cybertruck preorder
Country flag
One thing that seems pretty clear from the pics. The tires that are currently sported by the prototype are not what will go on the production model. The ones on the prototype are clearly marked "not for highway use".

I would advocate a rugged terrain tire (aka hybrid terrain) as an option. I love my nitto ridge grapplers. They have the bold styling and mud lugs on the outer portions, but a middle section that is great for on-road performance and less sound. They have lasted well for me. Several brands make this style tire and I feel that the CT would be well paired with a set of these in looks, on and off road performance and range. For those that don't know what a rugged terrain tire is, link below.
https://www.discounttire.com/blog/rugged-terrain-tires

Cougs

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
collector chevy K20, cybertruck asap
Occupation
Coach
Country flag
I think Tesla wants to keep the suspension tight lipped until the production version is released. Why? The competition. You know they all pre-ordered one to reverse engineer and study in fine detail.

You are right possibly to keep the competition out for now until they get one and gut it.

Deleted member 5322

Guys, to see CT should i buy Vault ticket? Or regular is fine?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
My guess would be the same supplier of the SpaceX program in Boca Chica.
Not to mention that SpaceX rates For 30XX stainless might go down for larger/combined orders with Tesla.

Hunter Sawyer

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Construction Worker
Country flag
No, they are just going to rent one off Turo and destroy it.

mrazndead1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3
Country flag
Sorry. I don't know. I'm only replying to help keep your post from getting buried.
Guys, to see CT should i buy Vault ticket? Or regular is fine?
regular is fine. the cyber is right at the entrance. you can even see it from outside the entrance with no pass needed... through the window. I saw people going into the doors just to see the cyber with no ticket... just walked next to the gift shop and cyber is there... hell if the tickets are sold out u can still see cyber by walking up.... and just asking the worker nicely, they seem to be very open minded ..... vault is closed and it's to see the Ferraris... admission let's you see the restxof museum...