CyberTruck Price and delivery Estimate Latest

Kumbayamelord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get an idea of what the current thinking is in regards to CT pricing for the basic model, tri motor and quad motor? Looking to hear some feedback on people's best guesses. My thoughts are that if it is US 40k base for the CT than it should be equivalent to the cost of a Model Y as the base Model Y was released for US $41,200 as far as I can tell from looking back through some internet research.

If that is the case the base CT would be AU$87,295.00 drive away as this directly copies the cost from Tesla's website at present. I ordered the base CT and would be quite happy if it was lower than (AU) $100k and even happier if it was below 90k!

I'd also love to get everyone's thoughts on the 'lock-in' of FSD as I chose that option at the time and Tesla promised that we would than get the same priced FSD. This is becoming more and more of a concern for me as I don't imagine base CT will arrive late 2023 in Aus at the earliest at which point FSD could be 25k or something of that magnitude! I don't want Tesla to reneg on their promise of locked in FSD as that would drastically put a hole in my budget to have to purchase it with future pricing.

I believe higher end CT and mid level CT will arrive in Aus by mid 2023

What are your thoughts on arrival date in Aus for base CT, mid level CT and higher end model CT? And what are your thoughts on the FSD lock-in, do you think this will still be honoured?

P.s. Would love to know what the rego/fees and costs are of owning an electric truck are in Australia, I've never owned a truck and I've heard there are extra special taxes/charges.. ?
Sponsored

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Luxury car tax 33% is payable above the threshold $84,916

It will apply for the Tri at US$70,000, AU $100,000. With Luxury Tax = $106,102

USD to AU 1.43

If FSD is included in the original sale price, it will also incur a 33% luxury tax fee. I'm hoping Tesla will offer it as an addon at the same promised price if you buy it within 3 months.. Thus avoiding the tax.

In addition, there is 10% GST..

If we were to buy the Tri Motor(AU100,000), with FSD($12,000) included in the original sale plus GST the total cost is only AU $130,000 bananas.

Rego in Victoria is only $750

It will take you 69 years of petrol savings to pay off the car. lol

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Tesla has adjusted prices up and down mostly based upon demand and their ability to make more cars.

Tesla has always kept their promises for pricing - though they have charged more for options.

FSD pricing would promises would have to be kept. I don't know how that'll affect overseas reservation holders, but it's not legal for them to change the promise they made in California at the time. This is probably a big reason why they removed pricing from the reservation page.

-Crissa

OP
OP

Kumbayamelord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Luxury car tax 33% is payable above the threshold $84,916

It will apply for the Tri at US$70,000, AU $100,000. With Luxury Tax = $106,102

USD to AU 1.43

If FSD is included in the original sale price, it will also incur a 33% luxury tax fee. I'm hoping Tesla will offer it as an addon at the same promised price if you buy it within 3 months.. Thus avoiding the tax.

In addition, there is 10% GST..

If we were to buy the Tri Motor(AU100,000), with FSD($12,000) included in the original sale plus GST the total cost is only AU $130,000 bananas.

Rego in Victoria is only $750

It will take you 69 years of petrol savings to pay off the car. lol
Thanks for your reply. Doesn’t sound like there’s any special charges just for trucks. I believe that the labour government will be putting out some changes to electric vehicles soon too which may reduce overall costs

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We don’t even really know what the lineup looks like at the moment. So hard to guess what the price will look like.

Base Cybertruck at launch was $10,000 less than the base Model Y at launch. Top end Cybertruck was same price as the Rivian 4 motor truck.

Base Model Y is 66,000.

Not sure what any of this will end up looking like. Just putting some thoughts On the wall.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
We are seeing more price hikes today

Mostly to allow for future price hikes. It seems, or by extension, the further out the order, the higher the price hike.

To add salt to the wound, in a recent interview, Elon said he could add all sorts of bells and whistles. But at the end of the day, he needs to keep the price affordable, else it would be out of reach. He was alluding to Rivian I think.

So where are we with CT pricing :
1. We are up against it given the precedent of increasing prices for long wait times.

2. We have been given a warning. Add too much, and you will be charged.
As I read into it, on the bright side, the priority is to package an affordable product minus unnecessary bells and whistles.

I guesstimate price increase of around 10%.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
What we do know is Tesla isn’t making a boutique truck to sell to a few tens of thousands. They are making a truck which is designed to be affordable (Musk’s word) and was compared to F150 pricing at launch.

Tesla is making a facility to crank out 250k or more trucks per year. They want to move those trucks out the door fast. Pricing will be set appropriately to move 250k weird looking trucks a year.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
Welcome to Uncanny Valley.

EM Phase III Plan based on Massive Scale is in jeopardy. No new GIGAplants are getting built with price uncertainty, econ recession and interest rates rising.

The automotive electrification transition off ICE is now unsustainable unable to feed the chicken that makes new eggs in an EV chicken or egg drama.

Uncanny…whole BEV transition stops.
Tesla Cybertruck CyberTruck Price and delivery Estimate Latest F2F03B1F-98E1-458F-90BA-0FC199694C67

source:nytimes

Last edited:

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Tesla has adjusted prices up and down mostly based upon demand and their ability to make more cars.

Tesla has always kept their promises for pricing - though they have charged more for options.

FSD pricing would promises would have to be kept. I don't know how that'll affect overseas reservation holders, but it's not legal for them to change the promise they made in California at the time. This is probably a big reason why they removed pricing from the reservation page.

-Crissa
Tesla would have to keep the promised prices for those who had a Cybertruck reservations.

Tesla do keep their promise. This was daughter's experience when she bought her Tesla X although the prices already went up by the time they delivered her unit.

But then again, Elon is getting more paranoid and thinking there are threats on his perch on top going to war against Gates, Bezos, etc. and may get greedier. So who knows, really. :p

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It is a recession, not WW3 yet.

Over the coming quarters, Tesla will increase profits, I don't expect it share price to drop in line with companies with a flat line.

If it takes 2-3 years, the economy will not recover like a jack in a box. Along that journey, there will be progressive recovery.

Through this current period, I expect Tesla to continue its growth unabated.

The more the share price stays low, the more the share price will spike. If Tesla really is a revelation when it comes to potential, then just wait and see the size of the spike.

Just count the quarters.

rjo71342

First Name
ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
current:outlander phev, next:cybertruck
Occupation
custtomer service
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to get an idea of what the current thinking is in regards to CT pricing for the basic model, tri motor and quad motor? Looking to hear some feedback on people's best guesses. My thoughts are that if it is US 40k base for the CT than it should be equivalent to the cost of a Model Y as the base Model Y was released for US $41,200 as far as I can tell from looking back through some internet research.

If that is the case the base CT would be AU$87,295.00 drive away as this directly copies the cost from Tesla's website at present. I ordered the base CT and would be quite happy if it was lower than (AU) $100k and even happier if it was below 90k!

I'd also love to get everyone's thoughts on the 'lock-in' of FSD as I chose that option at the time and Tesla promised that we would than get the same priced FSD. This is becoming more and more of a concern for me as I don't imagine base CT will arrive late 2023 in Aus at the earliest at which point FSD could be 25k or something of that magnitude! I don't want Tesla to reneg on their promise of locked in FSD as that would drastically put a hole in my budget to have to purchase it with future pricing.

I believe higher end CT and mid level CT will arrive in Aus by mid 2023

What are your thoughts on arrival date in Aus for base CT, mid level CT and higher end model CT? And what are your thoughts on the FSD lock-in, do you think this will still be honoured?

P.s. Would love to know what the rego/fees and costs are of owning an electric truck are in Australia, I've never owned a truck and I've heard there are extra special taxes/charges.. ?
first thing to note is the price of the ford F 250 and also ram 2500 as a comparable options in australia for power and towing capabilities.
They are worth above $160k+ in australian dollars and can go to $220k aud.
so based on this if you assume that the seating is as roomy as a model X with the speed of a plaid then base on a quad motor version cybertruck on the model X plaid price of $120k usd and that price in australian dollars with on road costs minus the luxury car tax because a ute is classed as a work vehicle so expect about $190k australian dollars.
If TESLA tries to run this price here it will be a flop, based on ford being able to get their price to $160k aud so to eat ford, ram.chevy, toyota etc lunches the top spec will need to be sub-$150k australian dollars for the quad motor (plaid version) so needs to be sub $100k US dollars but pref sub $90K US dollars will make it $130K australian dollars and that puts it in the range of the toyota landcruiser 200/300 series price range but they are restricted to a maximum of 3500kg towing where a cybertruck is 7T towing but lets say 6T and could still be a better option than a 200 series or 300 series in most metrics

OP
OP

Kumbayamelord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
first thing to note is the price of the ford F 250 and also ram 2500 as a comparable options in australia for power and towing capabilities.
They are worth above $160k+ in australian dollars and can go to $220k aud.
so based on this if you assume that the seating is as roomy as a model X with the speed of a plaid then base on a quad motor version cybertruck on the model X plaid price of $120k usd and that price in australian dollars with on road costs minus the luxury car tax because a ute is classed as a work vehicle so expect about $190k australian dollars.
If TESLA tries to run this price here it will be a flop, based on ford being able to get their price to $160k aud so to eat ford, ram.chevy, toyota etc lunches the top spec will need to be sub-$150k australian dollars for the quad motor (plaid version) so needs to be sub $100k US dollars but pref sub $90K US dollars will make it $130K australian dollars and that puts it in the range of the toyota landcruiser 200/300 series price range but they are restricted to a maximum of 3500kg towing where a cybertruck is 7T towing but lets say 6T and could still be a better option than a 200 series or 300 series in most metrics
Seems to me you are estimating this all on the quad motor cybertruck. What about the lowest end base model cybertruck? I believe that is a dual motor. What sort of pricing do you expect of that model?
Thanks

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Elon alluded he wants to maintain a mass market price point.

Plaid on the other hand may be a niche, the price could be anything. We don't know., Similar to Plaid model S, shouldn't be compared to a normal Model S.

'Stepping down', to a $70,000-$80,000US option, will make it around the AU $125,000 mark, and considering a 6,300kg ton towing capacity, it will be a valued product. But not mass market.. Who knows ? Would we buy 5000 a year ?

Stepping down again to a $50,000US option, will be around $90,000AU and can tow 4.500kg ... still a pricey option, but comes with bells and whistles, and we save on fuel and maintenance. This will be mass market enough to find a niche of 30,000+ units a year in AU... imo
Its capacity may induce even more people to dig into their pockets. It may become popular than the Ranger(40,000units).

A $70,000AU, duel motor, 4,500kg towing capacity, 600 mile range… will be a killer product. Telsa could do it imo... but they like their margins for now.

OP
OP

Kumbayamelord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberTruck
Country flag
Elon alluded he wants to maintain a mass market price point.

Plaid on the other hand may be a niche, the price could be anything. We don't know., Similar to Plaid model S, shouldn't be compared to a normal Model S.

'Stepping down', to a $70,000-$80,000US option, will make it around the AU $125,000 mark, and considering a 6,300kg ton towing capacity, it will be a valued product. But not mass market.. Who knows ? Would we buy 5000 a year ?

Stepping down again to a $50,000US option, will be around $90,000AU and can tow 4.500kg ... still a pricey option, but comes with bells and whistles, and we save on fuel and maintenance. This will be mass market enough to find a niche of 30,000+ units a year in AU... imo
Its capacity may induce even more people to dig into their pockets. It may become popular than the Ranger(40,000units).

A $70,000AU, duel motor, 4,500kg towing capacity, 600 mile range… will be a killer product. Telsa could do it imo... but they like their margins for now.
It would be great to see the base model come in between 70k-90kAU. That is the model I ordered before they took away the pre-order option.

To be frank I think it would also just be nice to see it come under the LCT threshold since LCT is just such a waste of money and to your point about being a mass market vehicle one would assume that the mass market is below 'Luxury Car' level.. Given that the LCT threshold is now $84,916 this financial year and likely we will not see CT in Aus until next financial year we could expect the LCT threshold to increase again to as high as 90k in FY23/24

Assuming that 70-90kAU is the base model price range that would see it comfortably under LCT threshold when CT arrives which would be fantastic.
Sponsored