Cybertruck Priority - Buying a used Tesla

ColoradoCyber

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Cybertruck
Country flag
Do you get priority for the cybertruck if you are a current Tesla owner? What if you buy a used Tesla right now would that increase your priority?
Sponsored

mrbulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S75D
Country flag
As I recall, they did it for Model 3 roll out, Tesla owners were prioritized. My sister and hubby already had a Model S 90D, and they jumped up in line...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
As I recall, they did it for Model 3 roll out, Tesla owners were prioritized. My sister and hubby already had a Model S 90D, and they jumped up in line...
So we could buy a dozen used Tesla’s and be first in line for a CT?

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Based on things I've heard, plus my own guesswork, my prediction, for what it may be worth, is this.

Distribution sequence will be geography-based in reservation order, with early-reserver Texans first. Then US states that are Tesla-friendly (for instance, allowing Tesla's insurance, not fighting the absence of traditional dealerships, giving rebates rather than charging an EV premium, and not being overly union friendly). Then Canada and Mexico. Then (maybe two years later) elsewhere,

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
Based on things I've heard, plus my own guesswork, my prediction, for what it may be worth, is this.

Distribution sequence will be geography-based in reservation order, with early-reserver Texans first. Then US states that are Tesla-friendly (for instance, allowing Tesla's insurance, not fighting the absence of traditional dealerships, giving rebates rather than charging an EV premium, and not being overly union friendly). Then Canada and Mexico. Then (maybe two years later) elsewhere,
For my sake, and the sake of other Michigan reservation holders, I hope not. Starting in mid-2022 I will need a truck w/ 6,000lb towing capacity (work-related) and I do not want to have to make the decision to buy a different vehicle.

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
For my sake, and the sake of other Michigan reservation holders, I hope not. Starting in mid-2022 I will need a truck w/ 6,000lb towing capacity (work-related) and I do not want to have to make the decision to buy a different vehicle.
If need be you could get a used F-150. Will hardly depreciate while towing over twice your need.

WildhavenMI

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck (reserved), 2021 Bolt EV, 2018 Model X
Occupation
Digital @ Aurora Solar
Country flag
If need be you could get a used F-150. Will hardly depreciate while towing over twice your need.
I think for me that's a last-ditch fallback. We've been making the switch to electric-everything as a matter of principle on all our equipment and it's been wonderful (we have a Ranger EV, electric mowers, Stihl kombisystems now with the battery backpacks, even an electric zero-turn) - and I've been excited about finally ditching the primary vehicles for EVs. We've also seen payoff in terms of maintenance and fuel costs in as quick as 14 months now too, which is ahead of where we had anticipated (28-32 months).

Now I just need someone to make an actually-available-in-the-US compact tractor w/ a real bucket attachment and rear pto/3 pt and the whole fleet (minus vehicles) would be electrified.

TBH I'd buy the Rivian (or even the electric F150) before I bought an ICE at this point if they're out first and available - ICE seems like too much a step backwards. Although if it really is a 3-month-or-so stopgap I might just do a long-term rental from Ryder or something.
Sponsored