Cybertruck Production Dates Changed. Tri-Motor Coming One Year Earlier!

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
According to the updated Cybertruck pre-order page, the production timing for the Tri-Motor has moved up!

Here's what the ordering page now states:
  • Tri Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Tri Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Dual Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Dual Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Single Motor RWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Single Motor RWD production is expected to begin in late 2022.”
The single motor version has been moved back to late 2022, which is no surprise considering it has the lowest take rate. When tweeting the first pre-order figures, Musk said that 42% of reservation holders ordered the Dual Motor option, 41% chose the Tri Motor option, and only 17% chose Single Motor option.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Yessss! ? Glad I ordered the tri motor one after some hand wringing over whether I could wait that long. This is much more tolerable now.

With those take rates it woulda surprised me if they produced the single motor one first like originally planned.

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
I ordered a dual so not affected but this makes business sense. Congrats to you tri motor guys!

Lazypleb

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Operations manager
Country flag
That just made my day! Thank you so much for posting it. I really wanted the tri motor but waiting that long would have sucked!

CYBRZIG

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Toyota Tacoma
Country flag
Well I just switched my order from single to dual I can’t wait that long LOL

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
According to the updated Cybertruck pre-order page, the production timing for the Tri-Motor has moved up!

• Tri Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Tri Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Dual Motor AWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Dual Motor AWD production is expected in late 2021.”
  • Single Motor RWD: “Fully refundable. You will be able to complete your configuration as production nears in late 2021. Single Motor RWD production is expected to begin in late 2022.”
The single motor version has been moved back to late 2022, which is no surprise considering it has the lowest take rate. When tweeting the first pre-order figures, Musk said that 42% of reservation holders ordered the Dual Motor option, 41% chose the Tri Motor option, and only 17% chose Single Motor option.
I really enjoy that new… Hoping to say goodbye for ever to gas station…

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
Great move for Tesla. Dual and Tri motor are more profitable.

mggoulet

First Name
Michel Goulet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck with 3 motors
Occupation
retired
Country flag
I'm very happy to get it (3 motors) as soon as possible… We had a suburban and sierra 3/4 t. with 6.5 l. turbo-diezel… we changed them for sienna awd-xle… Now, coming back to our favorite "truck" as we travelled a lot from Québec to Fl. and across USA … more than 4 times… My son has a tesla-3... and enjoy it each day… congrats to Tesla…!!!

PV and EV

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Roadster, Jeep Wrangler JKU, Tesla S, Chevy Volt (2), Escalade, Kia Sedona, Harley Sportster, Ninja 300, Kawasaki Voyager, Honda Ruckus
Occupation
MIT Retired, Bitcoin Miner
Country flag

The next news flash will be that because of the "runaway freight train" demand for the Cybertruck, a new factory will be built in China and deliveries will start in June 2020 starting with the Cyber Plaid option, 800 Horse, 1000 torque. Meanwhile, Movie producers will find dozens of scripts developed specifically for the Cybertruck. Oh yeah, Cybertruck will show heretofore unknown rock and trail accomplishments.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I am excited for this however the timeline for me was better at the end of 2022 as my vehicle would be paid for and ready for replacement based on miles. Now I have to come up with a new plan.
Sponsored