Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
When the production line gets going, how trucks per day do they predict will be made??
Sponsored

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
They will ramp production to support projected sales and maintain a reasonable inventory.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
When the production line gets going, how trucks per day do they predict will be made??
Usually they do it by how many made per week. Recently they have been trying to start production at a capacity of 1000 per week.

Honestly no one knows any of that info yet. The Cyber-truck is going to be radically different in terms of manufacturing, most signs point to it being easier to produce AKA quicker. The cyber-truck is breaking the rules, taking out one of the most difficult aspects, paint.

Cebliminal

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
R/T Durango, Harley Davidsons, Toyota Tundra 4x4 put deposit down for Cybertruck
Occupation
Executive Chef/Food & Beverage Director
Country flag
Looks like a lot of pre order Cybertruck owners will be getting 2027 cybertrucks. The Dearborn Truck Plant Rolls a f-150 of the assembly line every 52 seconds per a 2018 article I read in the Detroit free press. I would think 30k Cybertruck will be produced a month. A thousand a week can not come close to competing with the big 3. A lot of contractors and construction co. Are holding on to current equipment to move to Cybertruck, and what they currently have won’t make it at that rate. The pickup for work need is not like buying a car You can wait on. it’s a lot of lively hoods Involved in a work vehicle.

Last edited:

alan auerbach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'90 Isuzu PU (has to last until my CT arrives), '91 Grand Marquis, '02 Grand Cherokee (I'm so grand I can't stand it), e-bike.
Occupation
Retired prof.
Country flag
Too many unknown variables to make a guess. Examples:

The factory itself is one thing. Will the Texas facility be for the CT only, or for other production too, in which case what will be the model priority? What bottlenecks (supply, workforce, court challenges, accidents, sabotage, whatever) might stop production? How slow will the initial production be, and for how long, before the quality is established sufficient to get to full speed. What shifts the factory can and will maintain? What changes will be called for in the light of owner feedback? How much of the production potential will be devoted to making replacement parts (for warranty claims and accident repair)?

How many CTs will drive out of the factory per week won't be the whole story. There's more than one basic model, and others may come along, so what variants will be scheduled for when? We don't know how many reservations will be cancelled, and there may be "move to the head of the line" entitlements for employees, Tesla owners, Tesla insurance buyers, demos, or whatever.

A big one would be delivery variables. If buyers can pick up at the factory, will that affect their place? Otherwise, if it's by transport truck, how many will it carry and how long will the return trip take? What if by train or even air? Where will the carrier be assigned to offload?

Finally there's the matter of some jurisdictions' regulations. In some states vehicles have to be sold through a dealership. For Canada the displays must be in both English and French. England wants the driver's seat on the right side (don't know if it's a requirement). Will some of these change? Will Tesla do a special production run to accommodate them?

I wish I knew.

Last edited:

ricinro

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla MY, 2001 ford Sportrac
Occupation
mech design engineer-ret.
Country flag
I would guess batteries would be the bottleneck but perhaps we may hear otherwise towards the end of september.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
Too many unknown variables to make a guess. Here are a few:

Whether the Texas facility be for the CT only, or for other production too. What bottlenecks (supply, workforce, court challenges, accidents, sabotage, whatever) might stop production. How slow the initial production will be, and for how long, before the quality is established sufficient to get to full speed. What shifts the factory can and will maintain. What changes will be called for in the light of owner experience.

I wish I knew.
Well we do know for sure it will be CT and Model Y production. In-fact Elon has said general assembly of the model Y will be first.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
What’s Tesla’s preferred method of shipping it’s vehicles from it’s factories, I see from the excellent videos of the Texas site that the road network is right on it’s doorstep, are there rail links and or Ferry Ports nearby. Just wondering what journey my Cybertruck is going to take to reach me here in the U.K. Hope they come into Bristol as that’s only 15 miles from home.

madquadbiker

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan Navara NP300, Honda e, Honda TRX700XX
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
They've mostly been using custom trucks, but Tesla had discussed using rail links for the new factory.

-Crissa
Do you think they will use the nearest port for overseas vehicles, and where is that port.
Sponsored