Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Escalade, 2017 Range Rover Sport, Tri Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
IT Systems Admin
Country flag
Looks to me in some of those shots, like the white dash is still very much alive... Just been covered up by some protective/hiding covers...

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
It's a drought. We should be getting rain right now. It's seasonal.

-Crissa
El Niño / La Nina patterns seem off the last few cycles stemming from the unusual long drought cycle a few cycles back. Interesting and concerning to me.

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Can’t believe how close this drone got, it was clear the people working on the truck saw it.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) 1644276102124

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck prototype spotted again on Fremont track. (2/7/2022) 1644276128914

In the last couple frames of the video, the woman working on it is looking right at the drone and pulls out her phone… “Security…”

Tesla tolerates drones, but I wonder if this was a bit OTT.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Where they had the car out is almost visible from next door.

So it's not like they were hidden.

I wonder what all the markings were about. Airing it out, maybe? Using some adhesives inside? If they wanted to block anything from view, well, that's probably why the taped covers.

-Crissa

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Can’t believe how close this drone got, it was clear the people working on the truck saw it.

1644276102124.jpeg

1644276128914.png

In the last couple frames of the video, the woman working on it is looking right at the drone and pulls out her phone… “Security…”

Tesla tolerates drones, but I wonder if this was a bit OTT.
The drone should have flown into the cab.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
The video I see on the original post is a little over 8 minutes and I do not see the CT other than stills. Can someone repost the video link?

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
I wonder what all the markings were about. Airing it out, maybe? Using some adhesives inside? If they wanted to block anything from view, well, that's probably why the taped covers.

-Crissa
I was thinking camera calibration or testing? It looks like they covered the camera areas specifically, so perhaps they sprayed some kind of adhesive and wanted to make sure the cameras stayed clean, or perhaps they are blocking them on purpose while they calibrate something else? The blue painters tape is interesting. Proximity sensor testing?

You'd think if they were calibrating cameras/sensors, they would use a more precise target, not hastily placed tape.

Seems related to the doors, frunk, and trunk. Maybe they're working on the auto-opening functions?