Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So Teslarati has an article:
Tesla brings back AM and FM radio with retrofit, but for a price

This makes me wonder. Is the radio using digital receiver? Or the old analog radio receiver? I'd prefer a digital or both a digital and analog receiver.

And I didn't know that Tesla had SiriusXM radio. Maybe I'll have to give in and sign up for that once I have my CT.
Sponsored

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
yeah i saw that today. I mentioned in another thread that technology based vehicles like the Tesla will require updates to hardware as computer tech evolves. I was wondering who would have to shoulder the cost of that, guess now we know. Can't say I would be very happy to have to shell out 3k after owning the vehicle for only a few years.

that also opens up a can of worms in terms of resale value....has your tesla been upgraded to the latest hardware....oh sorry it's worth less money now.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Sirius doesn't work anywhere with trees or mountains, so I usually just end up using my celphone data plan, which works pretty much everywhere except extremely rural places.

With all the safety broadcasts being on AM, I'm surprised they're allowed to sell cars without it.

-Crissa

OP
OP
FutureBoy

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Sirius doesn't work anywhere with trees or mountains, so I usually just end up using my celphone data plan, which works pretty much everywhere except extremely rural places.

With all the safety broadcasts being on AM, I'm surprised they're allowed to sell cars without it.

-Crissa
Speaking of safety broadcasts... It would be nice if FSD would recognize the signs you see saying that you can tune to XXXX station on the radio for safety/tourist information about some site. I almost always miss the actual station to tune to and don't get the actual broadcast found. Would be cool if the center console would read each of the signs and put an option on the center console to temporarily tune into the information. Then once you had heard the info, give you the option to return back to your regularly scheduled programming.

This is just a small but nice-to-have feature that could be added in a little later when there is a bit of time on someone's plate. Not a required feature but I bet it would get attention if it existed.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yeah!

My mom's Lexus knew where all the signs were from past mapping, but the reading ability of Tesla's vision system could just do all that.

-Crissa
Sponsored