Cybertruck reservations may exceed one million after Jay Leno’s TV episode

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
That’s my hunch anyway. My prediction is that Cybertruck reservations will exceed one million soon after Jay’s Tesla TV episode debuts.

The Cybertruck will be a disruptor in the full size pickup truck segment when it hits the streets. Every high level automotive executive who is in charge of their 1500/2500 full size truck platforms should be very nervous. If this truck doesn’t prompt change and fresh thinking within your organizations I don’t know what will.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reservations may exceed one million after Jay Leno’s TV episode C8E1D9B1-C10E-45EE-A7BD-6E42E765C581
Sponsored

Last edited:

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
Crazy how long we all have been deprived. ??

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
While the show did indeed show the Cybertruck, the show was a big letdown. The only thing I got from the show that I didn't get from the trailers was Elon standing on the vault cover... No, wait. That was in the trailer. Most. Disappointing. Leno. Drive. Ever.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I was very disappointed as well. Jay’s questions were rather lame and I hated how the Tesla segment was scattered throughout the show.

The producers should have ditched the Boring tunnel drive and let Jay spend more time exploring the nuances of the vehicle. I was really hoping to learn something new about the unique air suspension, upper and lower A-arms and protective skid plates but we got zilch.

Last edited:

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
I can't wait to get rid of my Silverado 1500. 8 years in and it starting to require to much Maintenance. No Pick up and No Juice under to hood even with a V8 it's a DOG to my MX
I know what you mean. I sold my '99 Ram last year and got 5K for it. I was ecstatic... until I realized that I had merely recovered the cost of my last two trips to the mechanic....

Cybr on

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17 UncorkedMS75awd+Upgrade fsd,M3LRawd+fsd,CT3FSD
Country flag
I was very disappointed as well. Jay’s questions were rather lame and I hated how the Tesla segment was scattered throughout the show.

The producers should have ditched the Boring tunnel drive and let Jay spend more time exploring the nuances of the vehicle. I was really hoping to learn something new about the unique air suspension but we got zilch.
I agree. All about ratings.

SEER

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Outback, ZR-2, K3500 dually, Cybertruck
Country flag
Gotta remember that this particular episode was filmed before we had any idea about the "5% size reduction" being mentioned by Elon on twitter. And yes, which has since been nixed.
Also this forum we're on now is the leading edge for latest Cybertruck info. If any info gets known outside of the company it's posted here almost immediately. CYBERTRUCK Owners Club is the best site!

I never expected anything NEW to come in the video except getting to see more of the CT which has in turn revealed more ideas through speculation.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag

The producers should have ditched the Boring tunnel drive and let Jay spend more time exploring the nuances of the vehicle. I was really hoping to learn something new about the unique air suspension but we got zilch.
I would not be surprised if Tesla scripted the segment to only allow for certain non revealing questions before they agreed to do it.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Gotta remember that this particular episode was filmed before we had any idea about the "5% size reduction" being mentioned by Elon on twitter. And yes, which has since been nixed.
Also this forum we're on now is the leading edge for latest Cybertruck info. If any info gets known outside of the company it's posted here almost immediately. CYBERTRUCK Owners Club is the best site!

I never expected anything NEW to come in the video except getting to see more of the CT which has in turn revealed more ideas through speculation.
Interesting that they left the conversation of reducing the size by 5% on the show. I wonder if Tesla or Elon asked them if it could be cut from the final video? Imagine people that watched this and had been holding off buying a Cybertruck because they thought it was too big for their garage. Then changing their mind and reserving a CT, only to find out later it is going to be too big.

OP
OP
Mini2nut

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
With Elon you never quite know until it’s put into production. First he said 5%, then 3% and then tweeted the concept size will not change. My guess is that the majority of buyers want their new pride and joy to fit inside a standard residential two car garage (18’ wide, 20’ deep).

Handy Artie

First Name
Arthur
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Mercedes Sprinter 2500
Occupation
Retired surgical oncologist
Country flag
With Elon you never quite know until it’s put into production. First he said 5%, then 3% and then tweeted the concept size will not change. My guess is that the majority of buyers want their new pride and joy to fit inside a standard residential two car garage (18’ wide, 20’ deep).
The limiting dimension in most cases will be the height of the open garage door.
Sponsored