KuMX

First Name
Ku
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model X
Country flag
Think Tesla will start taking reservations for the Cybertruck next week on reveal date?
Sponsored

TexasElectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model3
Occupation
Electrician
I wonder the same thing. Seems logical that they would start taking reservations pretty quickly.

ModelAZ

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Ordered
Country flag
They absolutely should. Tesla is facing more competition on all fronts (a good thing). Customer buy in - fully refundable - gives people attachment, almost like how asking someone to do a small favor increases their loyalty to you.
Totally agree. Reveal it, blow people away, and take reservations on the spot like the Roadster debut. Rivian's had the spotlight with their R1T pickup and has been taking reservations on it for almost a year. So Tesla's got some catching up to do but if they can beat the R1T on performance, packaging and/or pricing, they'll convert many of those Rivian reservations to Cybertruck reservations.

J-No

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Tesla recently changed to a $100, non-refundable deposit. Any guesses as to whether it will be $100 n-r, $1000 fully refundable or the $2500 deposit? I'm guessing $100 n-r as Tesla will have access to those funds immediately instead of having to keep them in a separate account.

TexasElectric

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model3
Occupation
Electrician
They could do both. $1000 deposit, of which $100 is n-r.

olibear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3
Country flag
They could do both. $1000 deposit, of which $100 is n-r.
yeah, I'm thinking this could be a good way to do it. either way, my credit card is ready!

Gvogt88

First Name
Greg Vogt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK (hopefully soon)
Occupation
Union electrician
Country flag
Think Tesla will start taking reservations for the Cybertruck next week on reveal date?
I'm definitely ready with my credit card too! Excited to see it during the reveal!

Deleted member 105

Called a Tesla store and they said likely the morning of the 21st is when they'll be able to, but couldn't confirm for sure.

My Durango is currently in the shop getting a new transmission. It's a 2016 with < 40,000 miles on it. Not happy about that at all.

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 f150 platinum
Occupation
Ups driver
I wonder the same thing. Seems logical that they would start taking reservations pretty quickly.
Well at 56 years old I'm hoping this is going to be the one vehicle I've waited all my life for to purchase so my fingers are crossed and hopefully I can have one in my driveway by summertime

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
Tesla recently changed to a $100, non-refundable deposit. Any guesses as to whether it will be $100 n-r, $1000 fully refundable or the $2500 deposit? I'm guessing $100 n-r as Tesla will have access to those funds immediately instead of having to keep them in a separate account.
If deposits are taken then likely $1,000. If orders are taken (more aggressive production and delivery approach) then likely $2,500. Thoughts?

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Dual Motor
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Country flag
If deposits are taken then likely $1,000. If orders are taken (more aggressive production and delivery approach) then likely $2,500. Thoughts?
Either way I'll be getting one. I'm hoping it will be the $2,500 amount. Then the delivery date would be sooner. Maybe end of 2020 for delivery? How aggressive with Tesla be?

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
Either way I'll be getting one. I'm hoping it will be the $2,500 amount. Then the delivery date would be sooner. Maybe end of 2020 for delivery? How aggressive with Tesla be?
Anytime before 2021 would be aggressive I think unless they’re able to expand production quickly in the Fremont factory. Although the China factory is almost ready to start producing so maybe they could start producing the Cybertruck there if they wanted to get aggressive with launch date.
Sponsored