Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
3 years (+ 1 day) since launch event. Dozens of people took small test rides. Is there any user on this forum that was there and rode in the prototype? Odds should favor someone with an account took a ride. Are you out there?
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
3 years (+ 1 day) since launch event. Dozens of people took small test rides. Is there any user on this forum that was there and rode in the prototype? Odds should favor someone with an account took a ride. Are you out there?
There weren't so many who managed rides, as they had to fix the prototype a couple times that night. So of the people I know and follow who were there that night, none got to ride in it.

Dozens did, but... they don't need this forum that I know of.

-Crissa

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
they had to fix the prototype a couple times that night.
That's interesting, only heard of the glass before. It had other issues?!

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
Yeah. It's not unusual with a reveal. No idea what the other problem was, but it ended rides earlier than anticipated.

-Crissa
I feel like I have watched every video ever, but do you have your source of that info?

OP
OP
Friday

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Now You Know is sponsored by the Cybertruck Owner's Club. They state it in all their long form videos and it's also listed in the Youtube description under each video.

To send us your contributor stories/community mail, email us at: [email protected] Send us your Supercharger reviews here! https://www.nowyouknowchannel.com/sup... Cybertruck Owners Club: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/... Cybertruck Owners Club Reservations Spreadsheet: https://www.cybertruckownersclub.com/...
Yes.

Hence the 'and' for the other source,

-Crissa

KrodEKid

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota corolla, Mazda 5
Country flag
I watched the event about 11 hours later during a break at work. I am in Eastern time so it was late for me. I didn't expect to make a reservation but when I saw the price I threw $100 down right then. I told my wife a couple weeks later 😆

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Now You Know channel on YouTube and a competitor to this forum, so not something I can link.

-Crissa
Zach and Jesse (NYK) are sponsored by this forum so I do not think they think of themselves as a competitor. I have watched their video on the reveal night and I think one of them got to ride. I didn’t know there were issues with the prototype but I am not surprised.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Zach and Jesse (NYK) are sponsored by this forum so I do not think they think of themselves as a competitor. I have watched their video on the reveal night and I think one of them got to ride. I didn’t know there were issues with the prototype but I am not surprised.
Yes, it was a list of two sources which each had a different reason for why I couldn't link them.

-Crissa

RandyS

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 Performance, 2021 Model Y LR
Country flag
I was there at the unveiling (in the front row) due to getting tickets from the Tesla referral program. When the truck first rolled out on stage, I will admit at first I thought we were being punked and it was not the "real" truck. But as we all know now, it was very real and people's minds were blown (including mine)...After the presentation, the original truck with the broken windows was removed and repaired so they could give rides and a second truck was rolled into place on stage for photos. This happened while I wasn't looking at the stage, and I'm pretty sure that the the second truck rolled on stage was a non-working model just for photos.

The broken window thing in the presentation almost seemed to be a little staged to me since they just happened to have replacement glass right there off-stage and they immediately replaced it and moved the truck outside for rides. Still not sure about that...

After the presentation, I made a reservation on my phone for a CT (and showed it to Franz in my Avatar photo). At that point, we didn't get in line for a ride as there was other stuff to do and I didn't want to wait in a long line and use up our time there for what seemed like would be a very short ride.

We ended up taking photos, eating/drinking, chatting, etc. and didn't think of getting in line for a ride until later. I walked outside and did a quick calculation looking at the length of the line and the fact that there was only one vehicle and decided not to get in line because it would have just taken too long. We had a 2 hour drive back home and so we ended up leaving about 11pm. I heard later they stopped giving rides before we would have reached the front of the line anyways (if we had stayed) due to the ending time on their event permit paperwork or something like that.

We had a blast at the event and it will remain a Tesla high point for me for many years to come...But, alas, no ride!

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck reveal night was 3 years ago already! Any forum members attend? CyberUnveil

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Thanks Randy

I'm glad you thought the broken glass may have been staged.

I have always been sure of it. 2 bullet prints just look perfect… an artist touch.

Not to mention the free press over it.

Staged. !!

One day they will spill the beans.
Sponsored