Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I doubt they change tires on one truck, most likely they have several running around at this point.

I’m hoping they’re all terrain tires aren’t too tough on range because I’d prefer AT tires. Strong chance I’ll end up with these though because range > off road performance.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I’m hoping they’re all terrain tires aren’t too tough on range because I’d prefer AT tires. Strong chance I’ll end up with these though because range > off road performance.
I'll stick with AT tires too. I'd like to do some off road excursions to access remote areas, but I won't be looking for the toughest line, like rock crawlers tend to do, I'll be taking the easiest route to get away from it all.

I have wondered if there's such a thing as "rental tires" in areas like Moab, in case I'd like to put the ol' CYBERTRUCK thru its paces. Some big, fat, bead locked set of wheels that I could use for a week or so, then return to the tire shop to get my old boring tires back to head back out on the highway.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
I'll stick with AT tires too. I'd like to do some off road excursions to access remote areas, but I won't be looking for the toughest line, like rock crawlers tend to do, I'll be taking the easiest route to get away from it all.

I have wondered if there's such a thing as "rental tires" in areas like Moab, in case I'd like to put the ol' CYBERTRUCK thru its paces. Some big, fat, bead locked set of wheels that I could use for a week or so, then return to the tire shop to get my old boring tires back to head back out on the highway.

Nobody rents tires

Reactions: Jow

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Nobody rents tires
Not yet... But the proliferation of EVs may present a future business opportunity. Lots of people (including me in the '90s) drive long distances in 4WD vehicles to off-road playgrounds on the tires they plan driving off road on. The range hit that EVs would suffer with those tires may create a demand.

Heck, I rented canyoning shoes when I visited Zion.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I doubt they change tires on one truck, most likely they have several running around at this point.

But same license plate?

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Can't help but notice you ignored sawyer Merritt lol

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
That gives me like…… a LOT of peace.

“same truck…”

nah, Tesla frugal af

Bentlb3

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4 wheels
Occupation
Work
Country flag
I’m sorry…but with each of these sneak peak I’m getting less impressed with this truck. It’s looking weaker and weaker with each “road show” photo op. Each pic of it in the wild shows it low to the ground and frankly imo whimpy. Sorry to offend any enthusiast, but with each cameo I’m losing interest. However, I remain hopeful it’s going to rise up and be that beast truck with grappling tires that has a bad a$$ presence everywhere. C’mon Elon deliver that crushing blow to all legacy trucks and any competition challenging Tesla.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I’m sorry…but with each of these sneak peak I’m getting less impressed with this truck. It’s looking weaker and weaker with each “road show” photo op. Each pic of it in the wild shows it low to the ground and frankly imo whimpy. Sorry to offend any enthusiast, but with each cameo I’m losing interest. However, I remain hopeful it’s going to rise up and be that beast truck with grappling tires that has a bad a$$ presence everywhere. C’mon Elon deliver that crushing blow to all legacy trucks and any competition challenging Tesla.
Weaker?

You... Think it looks weaker because this is a pre-production beta that won't have everything working getting road tested?

Is this trolling?

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The advantage of the adjustable suspension is that you only have the disadvantages of a raised suspension when you need it. The rest of the time it’s low to the ground where it handles better and gets better range.

Maybe you can put some 42” tires on yours or go full on monster truck if you are willing to sacrifice handling for “presence”.
Sponsored