Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
As of last night Australia time, with the stock at 143.75 USD, I am sitting at about 19%.
So Sandy is hiding behind Elon right now, but up $1000 from start of trading.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Purchase Savings Progress PXL_20230123_213818359.MP

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I need a tracker that's like the exact opposite of yours lol. I am trying to pay down my Model Y before the CT comes out with hopes of keeping both. I'm like 60% paid off.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
As of last night Australia time, with the stock at 143.75 USD, I am sitting at about 19%.

I'm keeping my stock for the next ten years and my deposit is cash.... on track for what I planned for. financing the rest but meh.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag

PXL_20230123_213818359.MP.jpg
Bummer. I too have lost almost half my dough in Tesla. But I'm a staunch believer that by the time we take delivery in a year or so, our investment will have more than paid for Cybertruck. Once people see this on the streets, they are going to lose their minds, and every investor on the planet (even the shorts) are gonna do a mad rush for stocks. We ain't seen nothing yet!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m pretty sure if I tried to chart out what the current state of my Tesla investments/ Cybertruck savings looks like the cardboard would catch fire and I’d decapitate one of my cats.

It’s complicated, spring loaded, and much riskier than I’d planned it to be.

OP
OP
flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Bummer. I too have lost almost half my dough in Tesla. But I'm a staunch believer that by the time we take delivery in a year or so, our investment will have more than paid for Cybertruck. Once people see this on the streets, they are going to lose their minds, and every investor on the planet (even the shorts) are gonna do a mad rush for stocks. We ain't seen nothing yet!
Ups and downs are all part of the roller coaster.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I'm down a but too but give it a bit. ... biggest company in the world.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CYBRTRK :-(
I’m deeply inspired! Typical wait times for RHD variants to hit Australia is about two years from USA launch, which I think is plenty of time for a decent stock rebound. I hope both of our CT’s are sharing the first shipment.

OP
OP
flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I’m deeply inspired! Typical wait times for RHD variants to hit Australia is about two years from USA launch, which I think is plenty of time for a decent stock rebound. I hope both of our CT’s are sharing the first shipment.
Agreed, but if drive by wire rumours are true, I would expect RHD version to come sooner.

Sonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Not a CYBRTRK :-(
Agreed, but if drive by wire rumours are true, I would expect RHD version to come sooner.
Good point, I never thought of that. The prototype at the Cyber rodeo event IMO definitely had a steer by wire system - the front wheels at low speed were extremely agile, considering the driver was only making quarter-rotations at the yoke. I’m just secretly hoping it takes two more years, as I’m also trying to save :p

OP
OP
flowerlandfilms

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Good point, I never thought of that. The prototype at the Cyber rodeo event IMO definitely had a steer by wire system - the front wheels at low speed were extremely agile, considering the driver was only making quarter-rotations at the yoke. I’m just secretly hoping it takes two more years, as I’m also trying to save :p
Yeh me too.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag

PXL_20230123_213818359.MP.jpg
At about that price, I decided to teach myself about options trading, using TSLA stock. Bought 1 option at $150 strike price when the stock was currently at the price you mentioned, with expiration tomorrow. Sold it this morning at today's high price this morning 160.40. Paid the options cost off, and made a couple hundred! Slowly chipping away at the savings, while I learned how the options game works and where I went wrong and could have made even more money! Also came to the conclusion options trading is playing with fire and is basically the dregs house flippers of the stock market. ;) I'm with Warren Buffett.
Sponsored