ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Sighting!! 11/21 Kettleman City, CA Supercharger 1000021705
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Sighting!! 11/21 Kettleman City, CA Supercharger 1000021704
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Sighting!! 11/21 Kettleman City, CA Supercharger 1000021703
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Sighting!! 11/21 Kettleman City, CA Supercharger 1000021694

Definitely seen this prototype b4 on here.

Ok tidbits...the engineer did not give anything specific and said " I cannot say " to many of my prying questions lol.

But what I did get:

- This unit is a tri motor
- They are testing the newer 4680 higher density cells in this vehicle.
- tri motor are not using plaid motors at all
- new motors are higher TQ units with different gear ratios than anything else.
- lots of one off parts specifically for CT
- doesn't look like it has air compressor hookup from the vault
- they are only working on one pack at the moment for tri motor
- Dual motor pack isn't ready yet.
- efficiency should be around 400 watt/mi better than 500 watt/mi for sure.
- first edition pricing should be in the 90s.

Take everything I got with a grain of salt...

Other than that....it looks great in person besides the gaps. Pretty much the same size as the prototype at Peterson museum. Quite large and prob too big for most ppl.

alcstarheel

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
A few
Country flag
- tri motor are not using plaid motors at all

- lots of one off parts specifically for CT

- they are only working on one pack at the moment for tri motor
- Dual motor pack isn't ready yet.

- first edition pricing should be in the 90s.
😬 to all these specifics. Any semblance of affordability to start is out the window. $90K is firmly in MS/MX Plaid territory and the engineer is saying it's not a plaid. So a potential Plaid CT is going to be well-well over $100K. One off parts, while expected, means very long service center stays especially if there are a *lot* of one-off parts. Dual would probably be $75K-$80K and then won't be ready until next year. Positioning CT as the most expensive Tesla is an interesting choice.

OP
OP

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
😬 to all these specifics. Any semblance of affordability to start is out the window. $90K is firmly in MS/MX Plaid territory and the engineer is saying it's not a plaid. So a potential Plaid CT is going to be well-well over $100K. One off parts, while expected, means very long service center stays especially if there are a *lot* of one-off parts. Dual would probably be $75K-$80K and then won't be ready until next year. Positioning CT as the most expensive Tesla is an interesting choice.
Well my Impression is I'm not sure if there will be a "plaid version". " beast mode " might just be a software lock for the fastest CT like Ludacris mode. I've said it all along regarding pricing, I expect it to be in the model s pricing because of all the bells and whistles. $90k seems logical for tri-motor.

Yeah there are so many unique parts that are not shared...will take many moons to get these trucks cheaper as it relates to economy of scale.

As we were talking about the 800v architecture...seemed like it was a last minute decision to implement but needed to future proof the vehicle. Another reason why this will be expensive, a lot of firsts in a brand new vehicle. Also being 48v, very hard to test systems and faults because everything carries such low current..hard to diagnose problems or issues.

I had my tape measure on me but reveal is in 8 days..and didn't want to be that guy hahah.

Oh and no sail Pillar storage.

Although it's bullet proof this unit had some dings in it sooo definitely not ding proof. And dings in metal stands out a ton more vs on a vehicle with paint. Just my observation

Last edited:

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
They are 'Plaid' motors, as in the same CF wrapped units. They're just calling it differently due to different gearing and higher hp output enabled by the larger battery pack.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
$90K is firmly in MS/MX Plaid territory and the engineer is saying it's not a plaid. So a potential Plaid CT is going to be well-well over $100K.
if anything, he’s talking about the Plaid pricing

so the question becomes, what is the marketing distinction price delta between it and the ‘base’ model

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Pretty much the same size as the prototype at Peterson museum. Quite large and prob too big for most ppl.
I just don’t see how people come away with this, other than the distance in time and space between seeing one be the other

the OG prototype was massive, known to be even larger than an F150 SCREW (eg known to be 84” wide, and so proportionately also much longer than an F150 SCREW)

I mean and otherwise, clearly anecdotal, but how can anyone look at this video/photo and not see how MASSIVE the OG prototype was/is

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Sighting!! 11/21 Kettleman City, CA Supercharger 294DBA78-F9FA-4A6F-8903-BD5FEBF22757

Meanwhile, we know the production CT is 4” less wide (same width as F150), 8” shorter in length than an F150 (so at least but more short compared to OG proto), and in standard height is 7” shorter in height than an F150.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still truck-sized - but it’s external dimensions are much closer to a mid-sized truck than to an F150 SCREW

If *this* is too big for someone, it means that trucks are too big, and that’s just unavoidable when you’re selling… a truck.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
“- first edition pricing should be in the 90s”

As I have been saying, reservation holders need to be sitting down next Thursday in preparation for sticker shock.

If the Tri Motor is priced in the $90’s that means the Dual Motor will most likely start in the $70’s. That would be in line with Dual Motor R1T and Lightning Lariat pricing.

Last edited:

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
“- first edition pricing should be in the 90s”

As I have been saying, reservation holders need to be sitting down next Thursday in preparation for sticker shock.

If the Tri Motor is priced in the $90’s that means the Dual Motor will most likely start in the $70’s. That would be in line with Dual Motor R1T and Lightning Lariat pricing.
That works out to over 30% increase from initial pricing.

We all know what happened when Rivian increased its price for reservation holders and you really can't claim it is due to inflation now as the price of raw materials has come down.

With demand for the S and X less than 100 k per year, I don't know how many CTs will sell at this price after the initial hype is over.
Sponsored