useemehere

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Country flag
If I add another one order of Tri motor aside from my single moter RWD that I order last 5 months ago which one will go first to be deliver if I order today for Tri motor.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If I add another one order of Tri motor aside from my single moter RWD that I order last 5 months ago which one will go first to be deliver if I order today for Tri motor.
Even if you placed another order right now, you can’t specify a configuration regardless. So the moment of “Put a tri-motor order in to get mine quicker” is past.

Even so, you will almost certainly get contacted about your previous order first.

That all said… if you ordered 5 months ago, it’s likely you won’t be contacted until at least 2024. You have a long wait ahead, doubly so if you ordered a single motor. Seems like nobody is getting a Cybertruck without waiting 3+ years (or paying a premium for a used one).

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
That all said… if you ordered 5 months ago, it’s likely you won’t be contacted until at least 2024. You have a long wait ahead, doubly so if you ordered a single motor. Seems like nobody is getting a Cybertruck without waiting 3+ years (or paying a premium for a used one).
Wow, I hadn't done the math, that about sums it up!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla shipped their RWD Model Y briefly, I suspect they will do the same with the RWD Cybertruck. They still ship the Model 3 RWD.

Even if they cancel it, they will let people shift their orders to something else when their number comes up. In that case the top poster gets what they want regardless.

Last edited:
OP
OP
useemehere

useemehere

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda
Country flag
Even if you placed another order right now, you can’t specify a configuration regardless. So the moment of “Put a tri-motor order in to get mine quicker” is past.

Even so, you will almost certainly get contacted about your previous order first.

Thank for your quick respond and instead I just order a standard range plus Model 3 with a delivery windows of 5 months from now.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck single motor RWD Tesla_Price

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
If that ends up being the case, that would be unfortunate. I've owned several pickup trucks and none of them have been 4 wheel drive. One of the beauties of an electric truck would be the weight balance from a low battery placed where you want, it would make a much better vehicle than ICE. At $40,000 a lot more people would change over from ICE.
That would be a really good bargain!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If that ends up being the case, that would be unfortunate. I've owned several pickup trucks and none of them have been 4 wheel drive. One of the beauties of an electric truck would be the weight balance from a low battery placed where you want, it would make a much better vehicle than ICE. At $40,000 a lot more people would change over from ICE.
That would be a really good bargain!
There are a lot of weird predictions going on based on very short term trends. People are extrapolating 6 months of supply crunch to the next 10 years of production.

Tesla dropped the Model Y RWD in China, then added it back in response to demand. There are a lot of levers Tesla can pull here. Eventually demand will stabilize and Tesla will release the RWD version. It might be 2027 by the time it’s commercially available, but it’ll come.

The big question is when single motor reservation holders get their trucks. Do they have to wait until CT2 and CT3 have sold through? That would suck.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
The big question is when single motor reservation holders get their trucks. Do they have to wait until CT2 and CT3 have sold through? That would suck.
Right? MY and M3 are priority hogging, I can hear the squealing. M3 got add listed to GigaAUSTIN. Tesla will need every acre in TX for staging. It will look like a TX stockyards down there.

GigaAUSTIN affords parallelism. Once Elon’s happy with the Cybertruck line, production and QC expect lines to scale in parallel. Cybertruck becomes a separate profit center is my SWAG. It will have shares of resources protected. 1M RN can’t stand at the gates held in waiting for the Star that never shows.

Why would RWD hold much beyond 2022? Fleet orders will pile-up. And the RWD skate platform is Tesla’s future Delivery truck and Van. Progress demands time is of the essence.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Why would RWD hold much beyond 2022? Fleet orders will pile-up. And the RWD skate platform is Tesla’s future Delivery truck and Van. Progress demands time is of the essence.
Tesla said they are making Dual and Tri motor versions first. There are enough dual and tri motor models to keep them busy for 3-4 years.

That said, there will likely be multiple lines. They may well build the CT2 and CT3 *lines* first then build the CT1 line or convert one line over the CT1 production before they finish with all CT2/3 production rather than wait until the very end.

The big question is what does demand for the CT look like in 2028? At current prices, even adjusted for inflation, I suspect it’ll be fine.

larryboy31

First Name
larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Dodge turbo diesel ext. cab,2016 Nissan versa, 2021 Subaru cross trek
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Seems like nobody is getting a Cybertruck without waiting 3+ years (or paying a premium for a used one).
[/QUOTE]

I am having some second thoughts about the CT. I will be 78 when mine becomes available. I am soon going to have to move into town so I won't need to haul firewood or trash. My 85 lb. dog is twelve so he probably won't even get to ride in the CT. My number is in the 220K range and I am going to keep my reservation. If and when I buy it I will have to pay sales tax on it. Whoever buys it as a used car will have to pay sales tax again. I don't need or intend to make money on the deal but what are the chances that I can drive it for 6 months or a year and sell it for what I paid for it considering that the new owner will have to pay $3500 or so in sales tax. I have a reservation in for an Aptera which I intend to buy so most of my future driving will be BEV. I just don't think that I can get $50K use out of a CT. I would appreciate any constructive comments.

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Seems like nobody is getting a Cybertruck without waiting 3+ years (or paying a premium for a used one).

I am having some second thoughts about the CT. I will be 78 when mine becomes available. I am soon going to have to move into town so I won't need to haul firewood or trash. My 85 lb. dog is twelve so he probably won't even get to ride in the CT. My number is in the 220K range and I am going to keep my reservation. If and when I buy it I will have to pay sales tax on it. Whoever buys it as a used car will have to pay sales tax again. I don't need or intend to make money on the deal but what are the chances that I can drive it for 6 months or a year and sell it for what I paid for it considering that the new owner will have to pay $3500 or so in sales tax. I have a reservation in for an Aptera which I intend to buy so most of my future driving will be BEV. I just don't think that I can get $50K use out of a CT. I would appreciate any constructive comments.
I don't know you complete situation. Do you have someone you trust like a child, who would want to buy it from you after 6 months or so...? If yes, have them technically buy it new (with possibly financial support from you). You drive "their" vehicle for 6 months or however long. Then when you are ready to give it up simply give it back to them. Handle any financial exchanges privately.

For the record, I am not a lawyer or financial advisor. After reading what I just suggested I have no idea if it's illegal. I'm guessing it is because it keeps someone from having to pay taxes.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I suspect used Cybertrucks will sell for as much as new ones or maybe more for some years to come.

When your number gets called, there will likely be more than a million people waiting for one. A gently used one with just a few paw prints on the seats is likely to sell for as much or more than you paid for it.

I suggest you buy the truck and enjoy it, even if you don’t put many miles on it or load much firewood into it.

Alternatively… the Model Y is fantastic and fun to drive. If you can afford it, you should get yourself something nice.

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Here nobody knows what the market will be like in two or three years. So any suggestion that the price will be the same for a used cyber truck or not is unknown. None of us know your financial or living situation. If you have trusted children or grandchildren that would want a cyber truck is a good question. If you feel that it will be a long time for you to get your vehicle you could arrange that one of your grandchildren/children buy the vehicle and you rented from them until such time as you have gotten your enjoyment from it then return to the true owner. One sales tax paid, no legal entanglements.

What we do know is you want a cyber truck. At your age you deserve what you want if you can afford it. Evidently you can afford it because you’re buying both an Aptera and a cyber truck. Maybe you just need to buy both and give your selected grandchild an early inheritance present of a slightly used cyber truck when you’re done with it and wrung as much joy out of it as you want. That old dog of yours could live much longer than you expect. I’ve had dogs live to be 18. You may not like the Aptera. I thought I wanted a Miata until I sat in one (found instead that the Infinity G37 fit me like a custom made glove).

Don’t let the notions of age and practicality get the best of you. I’m as practical as they come, wise with my money and looking for the best deal and what will give me long term benefits. I would never spend $70,000 on a vehicle, but I am. When my father died last year I knew where my inheritance would go: Cybertruck. It will bring me joy and every time I look at it I will remember him fondly. Whenever I drive Cybertruck I will smile and be thinking of the many trips we drove in his truck together. Sometimes you just have to toss practicality out the window and say, “Fuck it! This is for me.” You earned it, you spend it.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
[/QUOTE]
Hi Larry, your comment has a lot to do with all of us on this forum. We are all doing a lot of spinning our wheels and speculating. At this point you have already decided you want a Cybertruck bad enough to send Tesla your $100. With your reservation at 220K the Cybertruck will be in production for a while, before your number comes up. At that point we will all know WAY more than we know now!
On the speculation front here's a good read: https://insideevs.com/features/523344/sell-tesla-profit-used-market/
Sponsored