Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
At least everyone has an expected timeframe for when their reservation will be delivered.

If he says 3 years to get through the back log and you are somewhere around mid way through reservations (based on the guess of the tracker) then you know you are approximately 1.5 years out from start of delivery.

At least that one metric can finally have outlandish rumors be dispelled on here pretty easily.

Seems my suggested delivery date on the guess tracker is in line with this metric and I am happy with that.

hridge2020

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Occupation
Aircraft Fixed/Rotary - Rocket/Missile/Spacecraft/Air Defense Scientist
Country flag
Good sales for Tesla, possible not so good for us.. IF we were to get in a major accident and our vehicle gets scrap, Will we be able to get a replacement?? soon or wait 4 years ????

And if it was the other person's fault Will the other insurance supply a rental car till the new Cybertruck is delivered????

Last edited:

Bill906

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Country flag
Good sales for Tesla, possible not so good for us.. IF we were to get in a major accident and our vehicle gets scrap, Will we be able to get a replacement?? soon or wait 4 years ????
Good Question. I've heard Tesla is good about getting you a replacement in that scenario but I hadn't seen anything official, just hear-say. That is the main reason I forked out another $100 almost a year after my first pre-order. I figured $100 is fairly cheap way of making sure I didn't have to wait possibly years for a replacement. Other reasons for the 2nd pre-order is if a friend or family decide they like my CT and want one, I'll sell them mine and take the new one. Also locked in $8k for FSD on the 2nd order.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Prius, KTM Super Duke
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Can't remember which youtube video it was but Sandy Munro had a guess about CT production and yer not gonna like it. He wisely suggested that there will be delays with something that's never been made previously. Predicted a 60K production number the first year (2024?) and then 120K to follow the next.
This is not enuf, meaning a longer wait than we think? Might I recommend the Lightning or Rivian, even the Silverado will be out before they get up to speed.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Can't remember which youtube video it was but Sandy Munro had a guess about CT production and yer not gonna like it. He wisely suggested that there will be delays with something that's never been made previously. Predicted a 60K production number the first year (2024?) and then 120K to follow the next.
This is not enuf, meaning a longer wait than we think? Might I recommend the Lightning or Rivian, even the Silverado will be out before they get up to speed.
Sandy suggested this in 2019/ very early 2020 and before anyone knew what the scale Cybertruck production orders would be.

Since then Musk has stated on multiple occasions Tesla would be producing 250k+/ year.

I seriously doubt Munro would say that now.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Sandy suggested this in 2019/ very early 2020 and before anyone knew what the scale Cybertruck production orders would be.

Since then Musk has stated on multiple occasions Tesla would be producing 250k+/ year.

I seriously doubt Munro would say that now.
No the quote was after the Austin factory party - now I'll have to find it.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Found it, go 23:50 for the beginning estimates. 60K for 2023 and then 120-150K after that. Not the best news for those of us hoping for a million trucks soon.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The Cybertruck would have been sold in 4Q 2021 if they didn’t make any modifications to the truck.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Yea,

I guess there was a lag due to Covid, but they then chose Austin and spent 6 months getting the land ready for construction. This would not have been in their original estimates.

And then..
Here we are, end of May, and we are only seeing a trickle of Y's coming out. I expected a more meaningful volume by now,,, say 1000 pr week.

I guess, teething issues have effected the Y and stretched out timelines for other products.
Hopefully they will be over that soon, and when it's the CT's turn, production plans will not be impeded by unknowns.
Sponsored