OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
and it looks like the video doesn't work and I can't seem to edit and delete it. Admins! Halp!
Sponsored

GRINCH

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
@OneLapper thank you for all the pics!!!! I can't wait to see a CT in person. I'm 101,000 something on the list. How did you feel seeing it up close? Let's hope that metal is easy to clean & shine as seen in the pics.

m.delmed129

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, LR, DM, FSD. Cybertruck Res.
Country flag
@OneLapper thanks for sharing these! Jealous! I can’t even imagine what this thing really looks like in person. I only imagine what it’s going to be like driving one around. My buddy told me to plan an extra 30 minutes if going to a store. He figures we’ll be stopped talking to someone whenever we get in or out of the truck. I’m about number 8,000 in line, so it may happen like that if no one has seen them like the eventually will…everywhere.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Do you think you would have problem driving it in NYC? In other words, do you think it is too big to be a daily driver?

Did you feel you needed a step to climb in or height seemed normal?

Anything that looked different in person that what you have imagined from photos?
I used to have a car in NYC. Mind you this was back in 1990. The only real issue I found driving around was people playing bumper cars. Taxis would often tap the corner of your car to get you to move out of the way. Parking spaces that were smaller than the land yacht being parked would be enlarged by pushing the other parked cars out of the way. And bicycle delivery persons would upgrade their bikes by conveniently slamming into turning vehicles and then threatening to sue.

Other than that, driving in NYC wasn’t so bad. I think the CT would handle that kind of interactive driving quite well. With the low center of gravity and extra battery weight, other cars are not going to have much impact. And the SS body should hold up well to the extra physical contact.

OneLapper

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 328d Sportswagon
Country flag
@OneLapper thank you for all the pics!!!! I can't wait to see a CT in person. I'm 101,000 something on the list. How did you feel seeing it up close? Let's hope that metal is easy to clean & shine as seen in the pics.
There was a VIP that got a guided tour of the CT. She touched it, then immediately looked at her fingers. I'm sure it was covered in WD40 or the like

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Spotted in NYC! [Street Video Added] 50FD4006-9AAD-4B4F-AE7C-966424FBB55A

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
There was a VIP that got a guided tour of the CT. She touched it, then immediately looked at her fingers. I'm sure it was covered in WD40 or the like

50FD4006-9AAD-4B4F-AE7C-966424FBB55A.jpeg
torn between which is hotter, the CT or the VIP in stilettos….

fritter63

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Do you think you would have problem driving it in NYC? In other words, do you think it is too big to be a daily driver?

driving a big truck in a city isn’t the issue. Parking it is…

still scarred from the time I took my dodge ram quad cab long bed to downtown San Francisco….?

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
driving a big truck in a city isn’t the issue. Parking it is…

still scarred from the time I took my dodge ram quad cab long bed to downtown San Francisco….?
Is 360 camera view standard on your M3? I assume it has to be on CT. I have driven and parked a big U-Haul without Camera in NYC and operated large Boom Trucks in my younger days but I still think CT with 360 camera would be much easier to manage.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Darn it. I go to a yoga retreat in Vermont and CT comes to NYC. should I leave so I can go see it?
Well, I don't think you'll regret leaving yoga. But you'll definitely regret not seeing Cybertruck in person.

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
I'm on my way!

It's three hours with no traffic. My buddy in NYC got the hall pass from his wife so we're going!

I'll post pictures here tonight.

Tell me what you guys want to see and I'll do my best to get those shots.
We need some good shots from underneath the CT!

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Onelapper, well done. Really enjoying all the images. A couple of things that I hadn't noticed, was how rounded the front is. I had thought it was flat but it's very rounded. Also one area of concern for me is the vertical area behind the rear window looks like it would create aero-drag. Here's a photo pointing it out.
I'm really impressed with how finished looking and what fine details there are on this prototype.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Spotted in NYC! [Street Video Added] ct_ny_frontright

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Well, I don't think you'll regret leaving yoga. But you'll definitely regret not seeing Cybertruck in person.
Its 8 hrs round trip. That is alot of driving. I could take acela for 250... hmm.
Sponsored