Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Noice! 😀

As predicted from the beta model photos and front side gaps, we now have confirmed grill lift for the frunk lid like the Lightning! That's awesome, much easier to load and organise, and even allows us to do an outside pull out sliding kitchen if we want. Now we just need to see some sail and under bed storage action!

Last edited:

scottf200

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Is it my eyes ?

Why is there an angle ? Seems to me it just should be flush with the body
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! 1681444031434

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Is it my eyes ?

1681444031434.png
Not quite sure what you mean with the angle, but the frunk hinge is under the windscreen, with arms that come out to hold the frunk, which will allow it to tilt up higher and backwards so you don't hit your head on it. It also places the back edge of the frunk over the windscreen when it's open so that any water that is sitting on the frunk runs away with the windscreen drain under the windscreen.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Hinge is of course, correct. The hinge has to be there.. so that must be it.

But It looks like a solid piece, perhaps it's just shadow.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
which will allow it to tilt up higher and backwards so you don't hit your head on it

Hinge is of course, correct. The hinge has to be there.. so that must be it.
remember, too, that in order to clear the BAW the hood has to swing towards forward before it can do much upwards

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck spotted with frunk open, revealing waterfall design! 8B36F2DE-CD03-41BA-A2CD-AD807890919E

word to the wise: if the CT hood is powered, don’t leave your wiper extended up off the glass while the windshield dries from a wash, then later forgetfully hit the power hood open. Ask me how I know

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Lots of solid interactions that you have to consider, plus environmental and safety constraints.

I wonder if you can still see the road if the CT frunk is open.

Also I noticed in the crash video, in the under-body shots, that there are two structural elements that come forwards to hold up the front bumper. These look like they will be ideal to mount an aftermarket (optional?) bull bar to the front of the CT. The only thing then is given the grill lift opening now, the bull bar needs to be far enough forwards so the frunk grill can pass behind it. It also means any bull bar that is higher than the bumper will partially block frunk access.

Otherwise you need a bull bar that folds down too... or some sort of self folding transformer style bull bar, that can be deployed for country roads, but otherwise is hidden for driving around town. Could even be made speed sensitive and aerodynamic. I've been toying with idea of adding active aero parts to the CTas mods. Even a front and rear inflatable nylon cushion would work, you know like outside airbags. Only question is how do you get them to look nice, but maybe not that important whilst you are zooming past at speed.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Is it my eyes ?

1681444031434.png
Agreed. It ‘would’ be great news but this photo is just not good enough to tell ‘what’ we are seeing. Click bait for sure but we will need more proof.
Sponsored