Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Not too worried about height, but I do prefer trunks where the door opens flush with the floor. It makes loading and unloading heavy things easier. It would be nice. I‘m not overly worried about it though, after all we have a giant vault in the back for heavy objects.
Well, maybe you can get an insert to make a level shelf.

-Crissa

TrukinCyberB

First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Cybertruck was out testing at the Merced County Castle Airport (about 2 hrs east of Fremont factory). You can see there's windshield wipers, side mirrors and the wheel aero covers have been removed. Do the rear tires look bigger than the fronts?

Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered ...jpg
Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered ...jpg

Tesla Cybertruck windshield, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed 2 (1).jpg

And here's the video posted earlier today showing rear steering and turning radius.

Not wholly sure that the nose is stubbier...
Tesla Cybertruck 📸 Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered wheels/tires! Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 15-04-35 Cybertruck

The slope and length look reasonably commensurate with Cybertruck from teslas website...
Maybe someone else has an older screenshot of the Tesla Cybertruck page to add.

However looking at where the Windscreen meets the bonnet the position looks very close to the same. It really looks like heat distortion as you can all so see a upward kink in at the bottom of the front bonnet as well as on the side skirting in the particular photo that really makes the truck nose look stubby. (see below) The other photos do not have that anomaly and the bonnet looks a little longer in those photos.

Tesla Cybertruck 📸 Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered wheels/tires! Screenshot 2021-10-20 at 15-18-45 ? Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, w

Time will tell if the bonnet area is actually shorter.

All the other photos seem to show a very similar profile as the original

Anyone have thoughts to add on this photo vs the low res Beta vehicle comparison.

:)

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
I don't know why there would be staggered wheels/tires on a pickup truck, I certainly don't see any. Maybe someone is looking at a still photo of the turn when it appears 4 wheel steering is engaged, and it looked staggered?

Fvansan

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma and pre-ordered a cybertruck dual motor
Occupation
Retired Psychiatric Social Worker
Country flag
People probably won't throw large ball bearings at the glass, but I foresee some people shooting guns at it. It is a scary thought though.

Ratso

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
75 Monte carlo, 74 K5 Blazer, 85 Chevy van, 89 Pontiac 6000, 2000 Jeep Wrangler, 2008 Chevy Silverado, and my last car will be Cybertruck tried motor.
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Same type camera was used to take this sweet picture of Bigfoot...
Tesla Cybertruck 📸 Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered wheels/tires! SmartSelect_20211020-061931_Samsung Internet

xodarap1

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Buick Encore, Nissan Sentra, >>> Cybertruck TM
Occupation
Security
Country flag
I got see the Ford Lightning in person (and ride in it) and the Frunk of the Lightning really is super useful because of its' design / wide opening / low lift over
Vs the Rivian Frunk, which while large, has a really high lift over compared to the Lightning.

MAYBE it is not too late for Tesla to do something similar to the Lightning? I don't know anyone that doesn't like the way the Ford Lightning frunk opens.
But, it’s a Ford lightning. And now you know at least one person that doesn’t really care for the look of the giant lightning frunk opening. ?

Dais80

First Name
Danny A.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Finance
Country flag
It's beginning to look less and less than the original... Pretty soon it will be all round like a F150

Firetruck41

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Leaf, 2017 Bolt, 2010 Ram 2500 Megacab
Country flag
People probably won't throw large ball bearings at the glass, but I foresee some people shooting guns at it. It is a scary thought though.
Sadly, I expect to be shot at in the Cybertruck, just as often as I am shot at in my Ram. ?

Macgreiner

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
i3 (sold), S70D(sold), R1200RT, LR3, P3D
Country flag
Well it's still a stainless steel tank from the future. No rusting, dinging or chipping paint. Has the vault, tailgate ramp, FSD, tons of power that can go anywhere. Stealthy and no gas ever. I really don't care what it looks like personally.
Yep - this!

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
we already knew it can't be produced soon for the simple fact that the gigapress hasn't arrived.
That is doubtful the reason. If an 8K ton gigapress arrived tomorrow it would be operational by January. The pads are ready but it could be argued that they need another bridge crane. The HW 4 will not be ready until later in 2022, according to Elon Musk, and he said it would be used in the CT. I say that is the biggest holdup.

Spartacus

First Name
I said Mark with a "C"
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tundra, Prius, KTM Super Duke
Occupation
retired
Country flag
It's beginning to look less and less than the original... Pretty soon it will be all round like a F150
Have you looked at the new offerings from the legacy makers of late? They all have the air dynamics of a brick.

peacemakerjpg

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor CYberTruck
Occupation
Sales of Contracts Providing Access to Contingent Finances
Country flag
First off, why is it that every time someone gets a good shot of the CT, it looks like they took it with an early-2000's Nokia??

Secondly, I don't see windshield wipers in any of the photos.

Third, it might be the angle of the photos, but to me it looks like the hood or "Frunk" cover is much shorter in these pictures versus the prototype model we have seen everywhere (see attached photo below for reference. Idk, maybe I'm crazy, maybe it's the angle, maybe it's Maybeline, maybe it's the crappy photo quality.

04_Desktop.jpg
I think they did shorten the metal on the frunk to make way for the wipers. Your stock pic shows the metal on the frunk coming up past the sharp window angle above the front tire. These new pics show the top of the funk material to be even with that angle. I doubt that cut into frunk space any noticeable amount

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
I think they did shorten the metal on the frunk to make way for the wipers. Your stock pic shows the metal on the frunk coming up past the sharp window angle above the front tire. These new pics show the top of the funk material to be even with that angle. I doubt that cut into frunk space any noticeable amount
Hard to say for sure given the shadow and low res available for this render but the windshield seems pretty flush with the frunk "mouth", so extending the windshield would at the very least reduce the opening (if not the overall volume available).

Tesla Cybertruck 📸 Cybertruck spotted with windshield wipers, side mirrors, wheel aero covers removed, staggered wheels/tires! imgj_1574790480

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
This is starting to get real exciting. Finally something's happening.
Hard to say for sure given the shadow and low res available for this render but the windshield seems pretty flush with the frunk "mouth", so extending the windshield would at the very least reduce the opening (if not the overall volume available).

imgj_1574790480.jpg
Maybe they needed more room for HEPA filter and wiper assembly?

Maybe they wanted to drop dash lower.. and forward.. making the windshield also extend lower?

Maybe they just think it looks better?

I think even with the possible reduction in frunk space.. this thing srtill has massive amount of cargo space.
Sponsored