Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Eh. Not bad. Most 4x4 trucks could do that with a decent driver. I think the key will be the low speed programing ability (and locking differentials) to crawl up something like that rather than the momentum approach tearing up the landscape. Sounds like there is lots of programing to improve here. Hope the hardware is already there.

CYBR117

First Name
Flavius
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RN112750395
Country flag
I love how CGI this truck looks when it’s filmed off-roading.

I should note. I’ve seen it in person at the service center in Houston and one in the wild in San Antonio. But it still looks CGI. Haha!

Reactions: REM

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Eh. Not bad. Most 4x4 trucks could do that with a decent driver.
Nope. This shows you don't know what you are looking at here and/or have zero real off-road experience. My stock F-150 4x4 has too high of a center of gravity, it would be foolish to even try. I guess if I had a roll-cage in it and didn't mind risking totalling it I could try it, but the chances of making it would be very low. Here's why: It has a solid rear axle mounted on leaf springs and really poor damping from the factory. It would have been bouncing like leaf springs on a solid rear axle do, with little opportunity for traction. Plus, as high as the body is jacked from the factory, the actual ground clearance is not good enough. It looks to me like my hitch reciever/rear bumper, maybe even the differential, would have hung up as the front of the truck climbed the steepest part.

The smaller diameter tires that come on most 4x4 pickups, even if they were A/T tires, would probably exclude them right from the get-go. Smaller diameter tires increase the bouncing action.

It's very hard to climb something that steep and irregular, on a relatively low traction surface when you have hard parts gouging into the surface and holding you back and leaf springs acting like a pogo stick. You have greatly over-estimated the off-road capabilities of a typical 4x4 pickup truck. It makes me think you have never even driven a typical pickup from Detroit on anything difficult off-road. Yes, over 60% of them are 4x4. No, they are not very off-road capable. Stop spouting complete nonsense! The Cybertruck has just blown away what a typical unmodified American pickup truck can do. And a high center of gravity is a very bad thing in such circumstances.

Tinker71

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1976 electric conversion bus
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
Nope. This shows you don't know what you are looking at here and/or have zero real off-road experience. My stock F-150 4x4 has too high of a center of gravity, it would be foolish to even try. I guess if I had a roll-cage in it and didn't mind risking totalling it I could try it, but the chances of making it would be very low. Here's why: It has a solid rear axle mounted on leaf springs and really poor damping from the factory. It would have been bouncing like leaf springs on a solid rear axle do, with little opportunity for traction. Plus, as high as the body is jacked from the factory, the actual ground clearance is not good enough. It looks to me like my hitch reciever/rear bumper, maybe even the differential, would have hung up as the front of the truck climbed the steepest part.

The smaller diameter tires that come on most 4x4 pickups, even if they were A/T tires, would probably exclude them right from the get-go. Smaller diameter tires increase the bouncing action.

It's very hard to climb something that steep and irregular, on a relatively low traction surface when you have hard parts gouging into the surface and holding you back and leaf springs acting like a pogo stick. You have greatly over-estimated the off-road capabilities of a typical 4x4 pickup truck. It makes me think you have never even driven a typical pickup from Detroit on anything difficult off-road. Yes, over 60% of them are 4x4. No, they are not very off-road capable. Stop spouting complete nonsense! The Cybertruck has just blown away what a typical unmodified American pickup truck can do. And a high center of gravity is a very bad thing in such circumstances.
Yes I have. Maybe not a straight stock but with a minor off road kit. Like a TRD. This is not a traverse. I would try it.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag

i held back but then had to laugh. A Prius could make it up this. That Tesla is an open diff truck. Ford, Chevy stock trucks have done this, many times, what do you think made the ruts in the earth? Quads, dirt bikes, King of Hammers vehicles only? lol. You my friend, are just not in touch with off roading and have a fear of it. you said it, scared to damage your truck or need a roll cage for what? That little trail? Im not being a rude person just setting the field straight. Happy New Year and best wheeling ahead.

Cybertruck 1974

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Environmental Health
Country flag
And you have made a mockery of yourself. You might as well yell from the top of a cliff that you are an off-road newbie trying to act tough.
Bwahahahaaaaa. Ok. Says you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. You're a child. All you've said is negative things about so many people on this forum. That's got to make you feel good inside. Pfft.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
i held back but then had to laugh. A Prius could make it up this. That Tesla is an open diff truck. Ford, Chevy stock trucks have done this, many times, what do you think made the ruts in the earth? Quads, dirt bikes, King of Hammers vehicles only? lol. You my friend, are just not in touch with off roading and have a fear of it. you said it, scared to damage your truck or need a roll cage for what? That little trail? Im not being a rude person just setting the field straight. Happy New Year and best wheeling ahead.
Respectfully. No Prius is making it up that and in fact that is a complicated climb IMO. An experienced driver with a proper vehicle can set that climb up properly and make it but it is not an easy climb. Especially at that rut at the crest of the hill. Most would lose momentum at that rut.

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Bwahahahaaaaa. Ok. Says you? 🤣🤣🤣🤣. You're a child. All you've said is negative things about so many people on this forum. That's got to make you feel good inside. Pfft.
Not really, I just call it how I see it. And ridiculous statements deserve to be called out.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Respectfully. No Prius is making it up that and in fact that is a complicated climb IMO. An experienced driver with a proper vehicle can set that climb up properly and make it but it is not an easy climb. Especially at that rut at the crest of the hill. Most would lose momentum at that rut.
I stand corrected

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Steep Offroading Climbing Footage 1704736277904

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag