Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CYBERTRUCK
Country flag
This rendering displayed on Tesla’s Cybertruck site shows a Cybertruck with a popped tent constructed over its bed. That, or it’s very excited to see you. The bed of the truck has been outfitted with what appears to be optional camping extras.

The bottom layer of the bed features pull-out drawers with an electric cooktop on one half and a storage bin on the other with some handy swivel-out counter space.

Above that is a sleeping platform that looks to be equipped with a couple-inch thick memory foam mattress and a pair of sleeping bags. Comfy! All of that is covered by a mesh-sided tent, which actually looks quite tall above the sleeping platform. I would imagine even someone of my ungainly height could sit upright in this tent.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Tent revealed Tesla Cybertruck Tent
Sponsored

Broccoli2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model 3, 2018 Jeep Rubicon, 2013 GMC 2500
Country flag
You might be able to sit up right but I don't think the bed will be long enough for us tall folks.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
The bed is meant to be 6.5ft, but if you look at the photos this is only achieved by the angled rake of the rear cab wall that follows the reclining angle of the rear seatback. At the height of the matress in the camper setup I'd expect the bed only to be around 6ft. Its nice how it fits a 6.5ft bed on a truck the same length as a 5.5ft F150 though.

For a camping setup I'd like to see a solid walled or inflatable walled pop up on the bed so that it could make use of the truck heating and A/C as well. A tent doesn't cut it.

Plenty of spots to drop some water tanks in, like under the bed, and cooking is simply electric with induction etc into the 110/240V so no LPG.

Ideal little expedition camper setup...so long theres a fast charger within reach.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Think about roof top tents. They stick up and cause huge fuel consumption. With this setup you can have a rooftop tent like setup that folds up under the cover. Get to site raise it up with an electric lift, unfold it and have a tent with lots of storage room, covered entrance, and cover for the cook and storage area. There could be pull out awnings for the rest of the area of the side of the tent. The tent could even have built in electric heating and cooling. Water storage under the bed of the truck with on demand hot water that uses the air compressor to pressurize the water system or electric pump. Most campgrounds have 50amp plugins for RVs. If going off road hit the last charger than get to your destination and have a base camp for hiking, fishing, hunting, canoe rock climbing etc.

The design of the truck and built in electric with built in power outlets and air compressor make this an amazing unit for overland adventure.

Thirty5

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future CT owner
Country flag
I somehow hope a rooftop tent can be installed on the CT's bed.
Sponsored