Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3 LR, 2019 Model 3 SR+
Occupation
Retired Software Engineer, Woodworker and guitar builder extraordinaire
Country flag
Reminds me of my own mother. When I was a kid she completely bricked multiple computers just by turning them on. ESD so strong it jumped through the plastic on/off button, fried the motherboard, CPU, and anything plugged into a PCI slot!
Eh, it happens. :)

My first job out of college, late 1980s, we were working on Sun "workstation" computers. 18" x 18" VME cards in that chasis, running Solaris unix. At the end of the day, we had to run tape backups with a cartridge tape, proprietary to Sun of course. I managed to routinely make them go dark when inserting the tape.

Now, these things were sturdy as hell, you could dance on them (about 3 feet high). But what you COULD NOT do, is drag your feet across the carpet in the very dry (5%!) Denver winter air, and then insert the tape while touching the thick metal plate on the bottom of it. Turns out that the tape drive was not property grounded, and I was a walking Tesla experiment.......

They did fix the issue, but I also no longer shuffle my feet when I walk.... :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Bill Gibbons

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC 3500 diesel, Mitsubishi RVR
Occupation
Contractor
Country flag
I am wondering if they will make a ,so called, virtual test for the computer, showing the dash and screen, so we can familiarize ourselves on how to operate the CT, before climbing in?

Mythrainder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Compliance
Country flag
I wonder if Elon and Tesla has a sign up for "Beta Testers" for the Cybertruck? I would like to volunteer my spouse of 45+ years to test out the new CyberTruck
for daily use. If anything can be broken, dented, or otherwise tweaked, she has the unique ability do stretch the electronic and mechanical capabilities of any such unit. Amazingly enough, her 2018 Tesla Model 3 has gone unscathed other than 2 broken windshields and scuffed rims (45 minutes after picking up her Model 3.
Elon, please consider my beautiful spouse for such.
Dode,
We are all beta testers for tech companys if we are first to purchase. And! And we dont get paid for it. Thats all.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The most important thing on a vehicle for a woman is if the visor vanity light works.

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
I’d test drive a Cybertruck if the company doesn’t mind getting dog hair on the seats from my two dogs.

OP
OP
Old Pro

Old Pro

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I own a 2006 Toyota Tacoma and 2018 Tesla Model 3,
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
The most important thing on a vehicle for a woman is if the visor vanity light works.
My spouse of 45+ years has lightly smudged her visor with makeup from her hands. The side pillar also has some makeup smudges. I'm trying to figure out how to remove those makeup stains. I also looked into some sort of protective cover for the drivers side visor.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag