- First Name
- Dec 6, 2020
- Reaction score
- Yamaha SRV-250
- Film Maker
Well the line equipment could be snuck in or indistinguishable from other tools and gizmos so we might not know about it.
- September 2022: 9k ton Gigapress arrives at Giga Texas during the second half of the month. Other production equipment will be spotted arriving preceding and proceeding this.
- Q3 2022 earnings call: Status of production in slide deck changes from "In Development" to "Under Construction." Additionally, announcement of Cybertruck Event 2.0 is announced (if not spoiled prematurely by Musk on Twitter)
- November 2022: Almost exactly 3 years after initial Cybertruck was unveiled, the Cybertruck Event 2.0 happens that reveals updated specs and pricing. Additionally, the order confirmation/setup page goes live.
- December 2022: Initial underbody castings for Cybertruck spotted. Likely towards the end of the month.
- March 2023: More and more prototype sightings in and around Giga Texas using the underbody castings, armored glass, and exoskeletons made using production line equipment.
- April 2023: EPA filings (official range numbers)
- July 2023: Initial production begins. Limited to employee-only deliveries.
- September 2023: Initial non-employee deliveries.
- January 2024: First Canadian deliveries.
But Gigapress can't possibly be missed with the level of scrutiny the factory and shipping lanes are under. Then there will be a period of (FOOTAGE NOT FOUND) as we try to guess how long it will take to assemble and get moving, until we spot test castings.
So if that happens according to your timeline, I think the rest is quite reasonable.