Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
The CT needs an electric brake controller, needs light and brake wiring connection for trailer also. It would be super cool if the truck had a 30 Amp plug to plug in your trailer for boondocking. Also important would be towing mirrors or possibly inStead of mirrors some cameras that could be attached to the side of the trailer for 360 trailer view??? How about an option or at least capability to add a fifth wheel hitch.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Jbordinhao

First Name
Jansen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 GMC Sierra, Tesla Model 3
Country flag
I’m sure the wiring has been thought of, mainly because you can tow with the X. There will be a 220 hook up, camera features would be nice. Maybe add a backup camera to the trailer. I know GMC/Chevy has this. Unsure on 5th wheel because the clearance of the truck bed.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
There are bumper pull 5th wheel trailer connectors that can allow a truck like the CT to tow a 5th wheel.

OP
OP

Zooman001

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Air traffic controller
Country flag
There are bumper pull 5th wheel trailer connectors that can allow a truck like the CT to tow a 5th wheel.
Yes I have seen them, the big issue is you give up the benefits of a fifth wheel with that. You end up increasing the overall length of the rig and you lose the pivot over the axle benefit also.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
The counter argument would be that torque vectoring mitigates this problem. I have no feel for how effective that might be. But I don't think many people will be pulling fifth wheels behind Cyber Trucks.

Yes, the X has the harnesses but you must supply your own controller. This is a bit of a surprise as it has the accelerometer it needs to implement trailer brake control. Musk has hinted that the CT will have some nifty trailering goodies but only time will tell.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Yes I have seen them, the big issue is you give up the benefits of a fifth wheel with that. You end up increasing the overall length of the rig and you lose the pivot over the axle benefit also.
With the sail sides the fifth wheel in the bed is not much of an option in the bed. If fifth wheel is that needed you may have to look at other options or change trailers to a bumper pull. A lot of people want the CT but want it to fit their current life. This is not always an option.
You could try putting a lift on your fifth wheel trailer to clear the sails however that changes other towing characteristics.
Figure out what you need first than find the right tool not find the tool then try to fit it into your life. Bandwagons are fun to be on however it is an expensive bandwagon to be on if it does not fit your life.
Sponsored