Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
https://jalopnik.com/this-could-be-teslas-first-car-designed-in-china-1841048343

I really like this magazine and follow it regularly. They always have unique and weird things about the auto industry and the weird people that obsess over cars.

This article I had to read and then re read to make sure I hadn’t misunderstood. Is he writing about uniqueness of Tesla design,
all the while trashing the CT and its design ?

Am I bias and just looking for a fight?

You good people read this and tell me if I’ve lost it, or this guy is just a hole.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
https://jalopnik.com/this-could-be-teslas-first-car-designed-in-china-1841048343

I really like this magazine and follow it regularly. They always have unique and weird things about the auto industry and the weird people that obsess over cars.

This article I had to read and then re read to make sure I hadn’t misunderstood. Is he writing about uniqueness of Tesla design,
all the while trashing the CT and its design ?

Am I bias and just looking for a fight?

You good people read this and tell me if I’ve lost it, or this guy is just a hole.
And moderator thank you for fixing my jacked up post.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
I think the author has a bias away from the CT. Wants to like it but it is still too foreign for them. Each to there own. I don’t like the little car personally as it would be beyond useless to me but I see how it would for others.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Reads as an opinion piece based on laziness instead of data points. Pieces like these, pun intended for IMO, will be on both sides of the fence.

Maybe we should switch to less volatile topics compared to CT. What do you think about religion and politics?
Let’s stay from the most volatile topic, cats or dogs? Both for me. ?

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
Most of the Jalopnik staff has been cautious to endorse Tesla and especially critical of the outlandish stuff Elon says. Justin writes a lot about trucks and car design so you can see why he’d be especially slow to appreciate the CT. Honestly that article doesn’t seem very biased - he’s just saying CT is weird and he’s glad to see that Tesla still plans to make normal shaped cars alongside it.

You want to see some stronger criticism look at these

https://jalopnik.com/the-cyberelephant-in-the-room-1840004773

https://jalopnik.com/a-deep-look-at-the-design-of-tesla-s-cybertruck-1839993654

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
There is a need for a Tesla hot hatchback. I would hope that Tesla would eventually put one out that would compete with the ID3 from VW. Personally, I would purchase a hot hatchback from Tesla as a first car for the human offspring that currently reside in my house provided the price point is less than the Model 3.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Reads as an opinion piece based on laziness instead of data points. Pieces like these, pun intended for IMO, will be on both sides of the fence.

Maybe we should switch to less volatile topics compared to CT. What do you think about religion and politics?
Let’s stay from the most volatile topic, cats or dogs? Both for me. ?
I think you’re approach is smart and right on point. It is amazing how polarizing anything, any subject, any opinion, has taken hold in our lives. Especially in the last 3 years..... but hey no politics either!!
I personally like Ford over Chevy
but I like both cats and dogs.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
Most of the Jalopnik staff has been cautious to endorse Tesla and especially critical of the outlandish stuff Elon says. Justin writes a lot about trucks and car design so you can see why he’d be especially slow to appreciate the CT. Honestly that article doesn’t seem very biased - he’s just saying CT is weird and he’s glad to see that Tesla still plans to make normal shaped cars alongside it.

You want to see some stronger criticism look at these

https://jalopnik.com/the-cyberelephant-in-the-room-1840004773

https://jalopnik.com/a-deep-look-at-the-design-of-tesla-s-cybertruck-1839993654
Thanks man. I guess im bias because I only could see the negative in his piece.
Your response is exactly why I asked the CT group. I feel like a protective big brother defending the CT, when in reality, the CT can protect itself.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
There is a need for a Tesla hot hatchback. I would hope that Tesla would eventually put one out that would compete with the ID3 from VW. Personally, I would purchase a hot hatchback from Tesla as a first car for the human offspring that currently reside in my house provided the price point is less than the Model 3.
Yea I liked the concept as well and it would be very popular in the US. Somewhere between the roadster and the 3 size wise.
I just felt he was talking smack about the CT. .

Garden_Aum

First Name
Howard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prius Prime, Nissan Leaf, Tri Motor Cyber Truck
Occupation
Researcher
Country flag
Yea I liked the concept as well and it would be very popular in the US. Somewhere between the roadster and the 3 size wise.
I just felt he was talking smack about the CT. .
A lot of people are talking smack about the Cyber Truck and they will all regret it later. The Cyber Truck is the COOLEST vehicle we have ever seen. I agree that most of the media is very negative about the Cyber Truck, but I really do like the idea of a hot hatch even if the article in which that information is found disses on by favorite vehicle.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I was at Home Depot with my wife. Walking back to our car, she sees a model 3. To needle me, she states loudly, hey, there is a Tesla just like you want. Loud enough for the driver exiting his 3 to hear.
(Silence from me)
He replies, it is a great car.
She responds, it is stylish, my husband wants the ugly CT
He responds, yeah, ugly
<blank stare from me>
”The CT is awesome and a great design”
Continued walking and contemplates if this constitutes irreconcilable deferences.
Ok, continued walking and chuckling under my breath about my wife needling me.

OP
OP
Cody the cat

Cody the cat

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1967 Mercury Monterey
Occupation
Artist
Country flag
I was at Home Depot with my wife. Walking back to our car, she sees a model 3. To needle me, she states loudly, hey, there is a Tesla just like you want. Loud enough for the driver exiting his 3 to hear.
(Silence from me)
He replies, it is a great car.
She responds, it is stylish, my husband wants the ugly CT
He responds, yeah, ugly
<blank stare from me>
”The CT is awesome and a great design”
Continued walking and contemplates if this constitutes irreconcilable deferences.
Ok, continued walking and chuckling under my breath about my wife needling me.
John, im in the same boat. I think, actually I know, our spouses enjoy these sorts of acts.
So in retribution, when and if a CT is my possession, I won’t give her rides. Anywhere.

( you and I know this is a loosing battle we will never win but I feel better)

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
Out of curiosity, how many of you have a spouse or significant other who does not like the CT. My wife hates the look of it. She is going with it as it is my vehicle and she will not have to drive it.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
My wife really does like it. She reserves the right to needle me.
Sponsored