Old Spice

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, Polaris RZR
Country flag
Article from https://driveteslacanada.ca/cybertruck/tesla-patent-filing-shows-off-cybertruck-ui/

Tesla patent filing shows off Cybertruck UI in impressive detail

May 27, 2021

Last month we got our first glimpse of the Cybertruck user interface (UI) when Tesla’s former Head of UI Design left the company and mistakenly posted videos of the UI to his new company’s website.

In a new patent filed on November 20, 2020 and published today titled “Context Sensitive User Interface For Enhanced Vehicle Operation”, we get an even more in-depth look at the UI (h/t AftermarketEV).

We also get to see some interesting features that may come with the Cybertruck.

Cybertruck UI

The patent filing is filled with various images of the UI. In one we get a detailed look at the camp kitchen, which has been seen previously in promotional images of the Cybertruck.

What we get to see that is new is Cybertruck owners will be able to control the stove top from the in-car display. There will be a description of what is being cooked, a timer, a temperature monitor, as well as a button to turn the stove top off.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI Patent Shows Off Cool Details & Features, Including Camp Kitchen! ? Cybertruck-camp-kitchen
Image via US Patent Office
In another we see that you will be able to monitor the vehicle’s pitch and roll as you go off-roading, with multiple camera views of your surroundings. There will also be a dashboard showing the date and time, upcoming calendar events, local weather, and even news snippets.

There is even a “Store” tab that hints there might be an app store coming soon.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI Patent Shows Off Cool Details & Features, Including Camp Kitchen! ? Cybertruck-UI
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI Patent Shows Off Cool Details & Features, Including Camp Kitchen! ? Cybertruck-UI-weather
The electric truck will come with a massive 14,000lb towing capacity. According to the patent the Cybertruck will be able to use its sensors and cameras to easily help hook up your trailer.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI Patent Shows Off Cool Details & Features, Including Camp Kitchen! ? Cybertruck-UI-towin

You can check more of the images at the full patent filing here.
Sponsored

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
According to the patent the Cybertruck will be able to use its sensors and cameras to easily help hook up your trailer.
SO EXCITED FOR THIS.

Really the whole UI is impressive. Driving this truck and using it for offroading/hauling/loading/backing is going to be unlike any other.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
YAY i love patents... could read them for hours, only glanced through right now though

a big part of this seems to be facial recognition adjusting parameters, tracking movement to adjust ac to hit your face, adjusting mirrors to fit your stature, maybe even tracking to always hit u
... and it seems like the ui changed based on what your doing, and adapting for passanger or driver using the screen, might automatically move icons to drivers or passangers side.

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
I see tire PSI measurements, I wonder if this means an ATIS/ CTIS system built in or just detailed info.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck UI Patent Shows Off Cool Details & Features, Including Camp Kitchen! ? US20210156705A1-20210527-D00018

braddibbnd

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
13 Ram, 23 Tesla MY
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
1622174012281.png

610 miles... ?
Interesting the different takes from the different media sites. Teslarati was big on the 610 mile range and never mentioned a stove. But it does sound like they are teasing a LOT of different possibilities with the CT. The eye tracking part for adjusting the mirror would be nice, but also mentioned was adjusting the climate control by tracking the passengers. If only 50-60% of this stuff is on the initial CT production units, The Ford and Rivian pickups will look like flip phones compared to a 2021 smartphone.

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
X and s already have this info
Good to know, I've only test driven an X once.

I know the Semi is supposed to have an ATIS/CTIS system built in and considering that inflating and deflating tires is a regular part of overlanding and trail climbing it'd make sense in the CT to be able to do it conveniently from the screen. I guess it's just Cybertruck daydreaming to think it's possible in our wedge wagons.

Bigvbear

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
ts.la
Vehicles
2001 Chevy Tracker, 2018 Jeep Cherokee
Occupation
IT
Country flag
Not to throw cold water on all these patent excitement threads, but bear in mind a patent does not mean that's what will be on the truck. It's ideas that may or may not make it into the production model. there are millions of patents that never make it past the drawing stage and into the real world.
Sponsored