Cybertruck Vault Sides

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
This is not a post I want to make, but I would much rather be making it now about prototypes, than making a similar post later about production samples.

This post focuses particularly on noticeable ripples in the stainless steel of the vault exterior side surfaces over the rear wheels and toward the tail gate, as seen in some prototypes.

Below are examples of Cybertruck prototypes with ripples in the vault side surfaces over the rear wheels. The real problem I can see is that such ripples may get even more pronounced on hot days or in the sun. While stainless steel expands less than some other metals it still does expand, and with ripples only a very small amount of expansion would cause the ripples to be more pronounced and noticeable.

The ripples can be seen with certain sightings, more noticeably from the front or back with the Cybertruck out on sunny days:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-R0a

These indoor views show ripples in vault sides and sail pillar surfaces briefly, at certain angles of reflected light:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-R0b

Viewed more from the side, the ripples are not as noticeable but are slightly visible at times. Differences between doors and vault sides are sometimes apparent:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-R0c

Blue lights in the dark indoor setting of the Cyber Rodeo reflect some ripples very briefly, and sidewalk surface reflections in the second image reveal slight ripples in the vault sides. The ripples seem to be confined only to sail pillars and vault sides, with the doors and front appearing more smooth and straight:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-R0d

Gaps from the ripples over the flare trim of the wheel opening are visible in these images, but it's only fair to point out that prototypes are assembled more by hand or with fastener spacing that may not yet be optimized, so this could be a isolated assembly flaw very minor and most likely for this particular prototype only. If the problem persists in other prototypes, simple flat stiffeners or reinforcements behind the sheet and the fender flare trim fasteners would be likely all that's needed here to keep the sheet more flat:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-R0e

While there are ways to correct this, Tesla may already be implementing improved methods for production anyway, at least I would hope. There are some ways I could think of to prevent these ripples, and some of these may be implemented already.

1) Crease folds in the sheet surface both at the top just under the sail pillars, and also crease fold flanges inward on top of the wheel wells just behind the flare trim pieces. However there could be manufacturing issues or this may not work if there is any slightest curvature in the vault sides from the doors to the tailgate:​
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides Qtr-Side-0a.JPG
2) Alternative to crease folds mentioned above, there could be an reinforcement angle assembly attached to the inside of the vault sides with adhesive just above and surrounding the wheel well. These reinforcements are just simple representations and actual pieces would likely be different. They could be made in various methods even with castings, for slight curvatures or to fit around other internal components:​
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides Qtr-Side-1a.JPG
Note: I'm hoping this is one of the primary reasons that Tesla moved the charging port from the sheet metal to the flare trim instead, so that they would possibly have room to attach internal reinforcements or implement such corrective methods.​
3) Tesla could use thicker sheet metal in this section (maybe they're using thinner than normal metal in the vault sides of the prototypes), also possibly combined with the above methods. Tesla may very well be planning to do so in production but just haven't yet included it on the prototypes so far:​
Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides Qtr-Side-2a.JPG
However not all examples of the prototypes out there have this issue, as there are some examples of imagery where the vault sides appear without any noticeable ripples at all.

The Cybertruck vault sides appear flawless and nearly perfect in the below images, with it also very obvious how the vault sides are blending with and matching the doors perfectly. To me the Cybertruck surface looks absolutely awesome in these next two images:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-0a

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-0b

The vault sides in the next two image also look great, but there is a distinct difference in the finish with a more rough matte or haze to the surface in the vault and sail pillars. This may be an indication that Tesla is experimenting with different variations of stainless sheet for the vault sides in their prototypes. What's encouraging about these next two images is they are of more recent prototypes as evidenced by the side mirrors and charge port location, which gives hope that Tesla may have already refined the vault side surfaces:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-0c

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-0d

These examples are with beautiful workmanship and are very encouraging, but the first two images are with a previous prototype, so let's hope there isn't some manufacturing regression for the vault sides. These last two images are of the newer prototype which suggests that Tesla may be experimenting with different materials so regression may not be the case but instead possibly experimentation or optimization.

Below are two more images of newer prototypes where the vault sides appear very straight. The first is a recent sighting, and the second from Rob Mauer's video taken on Investor Day:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-9a2

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-9b1

On a personal note, I would be willing to give up any storage in the sail pillars if it was necessary to use stronger sheet metal with the crease fold ensuring rigid straightness in the structure of the vault exterior sides - but I understand if Tesla is trying to make the Cybertruck feature rich as possible. Good things often don't come easy.

Ultimately we won't be able to decide for certain until we see our own produced Cybertruck up close, but I guess it really comes down to personal choice.

Would you be willing to accept a Cybertruck with sides looking like this? (I don't think anyone will have to make that decision, considering some of the more recent prototype images I've seen).

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-Y0

Or would you prefer your Cybertruck sides more like this?

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-Y1

I can't say what I would reject or accept until I see it in person, and this condition may not be as noticeable any more as some of the images suggest, since they were only prototypes. But I do think strongly noticeable ripples in the surface would be a deal-breaker for some buyers, and so I'm hoping they've already corrected it or will correct it before production. Some recent prototype sightings are encouraging.

Update: Recent sightings and footage from Elena Sherriff of the Ellie in Space channel, show one of the newest prototypes with very good results. I know some people complained about other aspects of it with the frunk lid and etc., but I consider most things gap related a non-issue because they are most often related to adjustable alignments which can easily be changed or refined at production. Below are some images from that footage which I think are a lot better and super encouraging:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-9ca0

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-9cd0

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-9ce0

Note: I also like the elegant simple rack for the occasion and I think it is one of hundreds of rack designs possible for the Cybertruck, but that is another discussion. :)

There is yet another option to hide noticeable ripples (if they still exist which is appearing a lot less likely at this point), by putting aftermarket body effects on the sides of the Cybertruck that would cover up the rippled vault sides. Below is one of my favorite tricked out renderings of the Cybertruck. Credit goes to a source calling themself "Car Expert", but I don't like lettering and badges so I removed them from the rendering but included their version in the inset. Again this is one of my favorite tricked out Cybertruck renderings and this would definitely solve the problem - if someone made these body effects and if they were reasonably priced:

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CE-Cybertruck-Offroad-1724334830-NBb

This post is not intended to smear Tesla or the Cybertruck but instead to help ensure it's success at launch and ramp-up. I feel this condition should be corrected before getting reproduced at scale. The Cybertruck is polarizing enough, but the style itself will 'grow on people' - if it appears refined and not cheap looking. However I think that (noticeable) ripples or workmanship defects would affect sales and inflame narratives to stigmatize Tesla. Maybe Tesla (hopefully) already has corrective methods in place for production and just haven't used them in some prototypes.

- ÆCIII
Sponsored

Last edited:

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Would you be willing to accept a Cybertruck with sides looking like this?

Or would you prefer your Cybertruck sides like this?
The two questions are not mutually exclusive.

I would prefer the Cybertruck have panels with an absolute minimum of visible waviness but would be willing to accept one with panels that looked like carnival fun house mirrors.

I mean, it's a truck, first and foremost and I'm not a prissy type of truck owner. The unprotected bed in my F-150 is heavily dented from hauling rocks, firewood, furniture, etc. and it doesn't bother me a bit. On the other hand, I think the Cybertruck looks best with mirror-flat panels.

But here's the deal, the Cybertruck is so intrinsically useful and capable, it's such a cool vehicle, I would be willing to accept it if it came with a smashed side window, a big crease down the side from an accident loading it on a train, and a flat tire!

OK, that last bit was a bit of an exaggeration, but, no, wavy side panels are not gonna stop me from accepting delivery!

Last edited:
OP
OP
ÆCIII

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
The two questions are not mutually exclusive.

I would prefer the Cybertruck have panels with an absolute minimum of visible waviness but would be willing to accept one with panels that looked like carnival fun house mirrors.

I mean, it's a truck, first and foremost and I'm not a prissy type of truck owner. The unprotected bed in my F-150 is heavily dented from hauling rocks, firewood, furnature, etc. and it doesn't bother me a bit. On the other hand, I think the Cybertruck looks best with mirror-flat panels.

But here's the deal, the Cybertruck is so intrinsically useful and capable, it's such a cool vehicle, I would be willing to accept it if it came with a smashed side window, a big crease down the side from an accident loading it on a train, and a flat tire!

OK, that last bit was a bit of an exaggeration, but, no, wavy side panels are not gonna stop me from accepting delivery!
Like I said, it's a personal choice, and I too agree that the intrinsic value of a truck alone (and especially a Tesla Cybertruck), would practically outweigh aesthetic concerns for many.

But the problem I see is, they've already had some prototypes without those ripples, and people aren't going to forget that.

No other truck on the market has got released into production with such ripples in body panels. Regardless of how shallow it may seem to be, many Silverado, RAM, or F-150 owners would laugh at the sight and double down on their refusal to examine the substance of Teslas (their loss of course). But nonetheless considering Tesla's mission, the public optics of such blatant or (literally) glaring workmanship flaws would only serve to hurt and not help the success for Cybertruck to scale, IMHO.

- ÆCIII

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
This is actually pretty damn awesome looking...

I know the idea is no paint, rugged etc. but I can still appreciate this rendering... Still weighing up whether I'll wrap it, but man, if they had an option for something like this I'd be tempted (and yes, I know that's impossible).

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides 1683420534253

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I notice your “perfect” examples are the earlier prototypes, with different design than than pre-production prototypes.

recognizing and seconding your various caveats in Tesla’s favor, did want to add a thought I didn’t notice in your post (possible I missed it):

it’s possible the earlier “perfect” prototypes were constructed internally in a way different from what was intended for ultimate manufacturing. For example thinner metal, backed with braces (not unlike some of your example suggestions), better avoiding the waves?

I wish I could re-find it, but at some point months ago I came across a media post on the CT, and in the comments section two folks were going back and forth about the metal. They were both some sort of metal engineers - seem to remember one is in aerospace - both talking mostly above my head. But I remember distinctly them agreeing and going into detail on the idea that Tesla will be challenged to avoid these types of waves in the larger longitudinal expanses of the panels. They discussed that this issue is a core reason vehicles use curves and creases, and people are mistaken to think that the issue is cured by thickening the metal. On the contrary, they suggested that the thicker the metal the more difficult it becomes to address it.

Anywho, anecdotal telephone by memory, but consistent with the substance of your post.

A good post, appreciate the work and visuals.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
One other thought to add, in at least some instances this appearance of ‘waviness’ can be the result of the surface finishing, only appearing to be waves in the structure itself.

this wouldn’t seem to go for the instances where you show gaps between panel and trim

But in other instances, if the prototypes are being hand finished, this sort of appearance of waviness can be the result of the human factor.

This finishing would be automated in ultimate manufacturing. Not that automation would necessarily square it away, for usual reasons of manufacturing issues at scale.

In all, just to layer in that not all appearance of waviness is actual waviness of the metal

here’s a related discussion on a quick ‘oogle

OP
OP
ÆCIII

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I notice your “perfect” examples are the earlier prototypes, with different design than than pre-production prototypes.

recognizing and seconding your various caveats in Tesla’s favor, did want to add a thought I didn’t notice in your post (possible I missed it):

it’s possible the earlier “perfect” prototypes were constructed internally in a way different from what was intended for ultimate manufacturing. For example thinner metal, backed with braces (not unlike some of your example suggestions), better avoiding the waves?

I wish I could re-find it, but at some point months ago I came across a media post on the CT, and in the comments section two folks were going back and forth about the metal. They were both some sort of metal engineers - seem to remember one is in aerospace - both talking mostly above my head. But I remember distinctly them agreeing and going into detail on the idea that Tesla will be challenged to avoid these types of waves in the larger longitudinal expanses of the panels. They discussed that this issue is a core reason vehicles use curves and creases, and people are mistaken to think that the issue is cured by thickening the metal. On the contrary, they suggested that the thicker the metal the more difficult it becomes to address it.

Anywho, anecdotal telephone by memory, but consistent with the substance of your post.

My post was rather long, but in a referring post under the 'deal-breaker' thread, I think I mentioned that often it's a matter of degree, and that's also why I said ultimately one would have to view their production delivery in person.

I also have concerns about mounting points and expansion from temperature, and indeed this may be a problem that is not quite easily solved as some might think. But that is what also might concern me most, because it might be a condition that gets worse in hot sun. But, if anyone can solve this, I think Tesla can. The examples without ripples that were near perfect do give some hope, even though they were indoors in more controlled temperatures.

I just wanted to bring some attention to it because I'd rather that Tesla know there are concerns or perceptions about it at this earlier stage before production begins.

Adding a piece of custom aftermarket molding trim for effect over the fold to break it up visually might also help to hide and make ripples less noticeable, if they are still prevalent in production. Here is one rough idea of how such a piece of trim might look (needs some work):

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck Vault Sides CT-R0da1

- ÆCIII

Last edited:
OP
OP
ÆCIII

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
One other thought to add, in at least some instances this appearance of ‘waviness’ can be the result of the surface finishing, only appearing to be waves in the structure itself.

this wouldn’t seem to go for the instances where you show gaps between panel and trim

But in other instances, if the prototypes are being hand finished, this sort of appearance of waviness can be the result of the human factor.

This finishing would be automated in ultimate manufacturing. Not that automation would necessarily square it away, for usual reasons of manufacturing issues at scale.

In all, just to layer in that not all appearance of waviness is actual waviness of the metal

here’s a related discussion on a quick ‘oogle
I had thought briefly about the finishing aspect too, and thus tried to examine reflections closely to assure they were not giving the 'optical illusion' of waviness or ripples. But after some time viewing imagery and video, I knew the ripples were real.

In many videos, the ripples themselves follow the truck as it moves with the light varying in the peaks and valleys within them. I didn't post any video links because the post was getting long and tedious, but much of the imagery itself came from videos.

Thanks for noticing my image of the gaps caused by ripples under where the wheel well trim is mounted. This was one of the main images that convinced me I needed to create this thread.

I still think Tesla will minimize this or the Tesla community (myself included) will come up with ways to minimize it. But the first step is acknowledging a problem exists with possible causes, so I wanted to shed some light on it.

Tesla is not always quick to address what we think would be 'obvious' though. One example is the pesky FSD being coded with behavior to be changing out of rightmost lane without any reason, even if a destination exit is within a quarter mile ahead. This behavior has been happening for over four years and should've been fixed long before now, but that's a totally different topic of discussion.

Let's hope Tesla is not ignoring this particular workmanship issue though.

Thanks for the link as it seems interesting. I'll have to read those posts more thoroughly when I get some time.

- ÆCIII

Rozonoe

First Name
Michel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla M3 LR75, Cybertruck Dual FSD
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
This is not a post I want to make, but I would much rather be making it now about prototypes, than making a similar post later about production samples.

This post focuses particularly on noticeable ripples in the stainless steel of the vault exterior side surfaces over the rear wheels and toward the tail gate, as seen in recent prototypes.

Below are examples of Cybertruck prototypes with ripples in the vault side surfaces over the rear wheels. The real problem I can see is that such ripples will likely get even more pronounced on hot days or in the sun. While stainless steel expands less than some other metals it still does expand, and with ripples only a very small amount of expansion would cause the ripples to be more pronounced and noticeable.

The ripples can be seen often more noticeably from the front or back with the Cybertruck out on sunny days:

CT-R0a.jpg

These indoor views show the ripples in the vault sides and the sail pillar surfaces:

CT-R0b.jpg

Viewed more from the side, the ripples are not as noticeable but still visible. Clear differences between the doors and the vault sides are apparent:

CT-R0c.jpg

Blue lights in the dark indoor setting of the Cyber Rodeo show the ripples, and the sidewalk surface reflected shows ripples in the vault sides. Notice how the ripples seem to be confined to the sail pillars and vault sides, with the doors and front always perfectly smooth and straight:

CT-R0d.jpg

Gaps from the ripples over the flare trim of the wheel opening, are clearly visible in these images:

CT-R0e.jpg

While there are ways to correct this, Tesla may already be implementing improved methods for production anyway, at least I would hope. There are some ways I could think of to prevent these ripples, and some of these may be implemented already.

1) Crease folds in the sheet surface both at the top just under the sail pillars, and also crease fold flanges inward on top of the wheel wells just behind the flare trim pieces. However there could be manufacturing issues or this may not work if there is any slightest curvature in the vault sides from the doors to the tailgate:​
Qtr-Side-0a.JPG
2) Alternative to crease folds mentioned above, there could be an reinforcement angle assembly attached to the inside of the vault sides with adhesive just above and surrounding the wheel well. These reinforcements are just simple representations and actual pieces would likely be different. They could be made in various methods even with castings, for slight curvatures or to fit around other internal components:​
Qtr-Side-1a.JPG
Note: I'm hoping this is one of the primary reasons that Tesla moved the charging port from the sheet metal to the flare trim instead, so that they would possibly have room to attach internal reinforcements or implement such corrective methods.​
3) Tesla could use thicker sheet metal in this section (maybe they're using thinner than normal metal in the vault sides of the prototypes), also possibly combined with the above methods. Tesla may very well be planning to do so in production but just haven't yet included it on the prototypes so far:​
Qtr-Side-2a.JPG
However not all examples of the prototypes out there have this issue, as there are some examples of imagery where the vault sides appear without any noticeable ripples at all.

The Cybertruck vault sides appear flawless and nearly perfect in the below images, with it also very obvious how the vault sides are blending with and matching the doors perfectly. To me the Cybertruck surface looks absolutely awesome in these next two images:

CT-0a.jpg

CT-0b.jpg

The vault sides in the next two image also look great, but there is a distinct difference in the finish with a more rough matte or haze to the surface in the vault and sail pillars. The haze in the finish may be hiding some ripples but it doesn't look like it. It's also more difficult to see any imperfections looking straight in or more perpendicular from the sides. This may be an indication that Tesla is experimenting with different variations of stainless sheet for the vault sides in their prototypes:

CT-0c.jpg

CT-0d.jpg

These examples are with beautiful workmanship and are very encouraging, but the first two images are with a previous prototype, so let's hope there isn't some manufacturing regression for the vault sides. These last two images are of the newer prototype which suggests that Tesla may be experimenting with different materials so regression may not be the case but instead possibly experimentation or optimization.

On a personal note, I would be willing to give up any storage in the sail pillars if it was necessary to use stronger sheet metal with the crease fold ensuring rigid straightness in the structure of the vault exterior sides - but I understand if Tesla is trying to make the Cybertruck feature rich as possible. Good things often don't come easy.

Ultimately we won't be able to decide for certain until we see our own produced Cybertruck up close, but I guess it really comes down to personal choice.

CT-Y0.jpg

CT-Y1.jpg

While it's possible Tesla has decided that this problem is negligible and are planning to let it go into production, I hope that is not the case. If they launch production of the Cybertruck with rippled vault sides and people reject it, it would be costly to them in lacking sales, and also would result in an 'Osbourne Effect' of buyers waiting even more if they did decide to fix it later instead of now. I can't say what I would reject or accept until I see it in person. But I do think ripples in the surface would be a deal-breaker for many other buyers, and so I really hope they correct it before production.

There is yet another option to hide such ripples, by putting aftermarket body effects on the sides of the Cybertruck that would cover up the rippled vault sides. Below is one of my favorite tricked out renderings of the Cybertruck. Credit goes to a source calling themself "Car Expert", but I don't like lettering and badges so I removed them from the rendering but included their version in the inset. Again this is one of my favorite tricked out Cybertruck renderings and this would definitely solve the problem - if someone made these body effects and if they were reasonably priced:

CE-Cybertruck-Offroad-1724334830-NBb.jpg

This post is not intended to smear Tesla or the Cybertruck but instead to help ensure it's success at launch and ramp-up. I feel this problem should be corrected before it would get reproduced at scale. The Cybertruck is polarizing enough as it is, but the style itself will 'grow on people', if it is refined and not cheap looking. However ripples and workmanship defects will reduce sales and inflame the narratives to stigmatize Tesla. But maybe Tesla (hopefully) already has corrective methods in place for production and just haven't used them in prototypes.

- ÆCIII
I'm sure will have ripple in final version!

Fritztech

First Name
Fritz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali
Country flag

I'll take the CT warts and all. My current 2016 GMC Yukon XL Denali has many a door ding thanks to careless drivers and passengers parked next to me. So, waves are preferable to dings that rust any day!

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag

This post focuses particularly on noticeable ripples in the stainless steel of the vault exterior side surfaces over the rear wheels and toward the tail gate, as seen in recent prototypes.

Below are examples of Cybertruck prototypes with ripples in the vault side surfaces over the rear wheels. The real problem I can see is that such ripples will likely get even more pronounced on hot days or in the sun. While stainless steel expands less than some other metals it still does expand, and with ripples only a very small amount of expansion would cause the ripples to be more pronounced and noticeable.

The ripples can be seen often more noticeably from the front or back with the Cybertruck out on sunny days:

CT-R0a.jpg

These indoor views show the ripples in the vault sides and the sail pillar surfaces:

CT-R0b.jpg

Viewed more from the side, the ripples are not as noticeable but still visible. Clear differences between the doors and the vault sides are apparent:

CT-R0c.jpg

Blue lights in the dark indoor setting of the Cyber Rodeo show the ripples, and the sidewalk surface reflected shows ripples in the vault sides. Notice how the ripples seem to be confined to the sail pillars and vault sides, with the doors and front always perfectly smooth and straight:

CT-R0d.jpg

Gaps from the ripples over the flare trim of the wheel opening, are clearly visible in these images:

CT-R0e.jpg

Qtr-Side-0a.JPG
Qtr-Side-1a.JPG
Qtr-Side-2a.JPG

CT-0a.jpg

CT-0b.jpg

The vault sides in the next two image also look great, but there is a distinct difference in the finish with a more rough matte or haze to the surface in the vault and sail pillars. The haze in the finish may be hiding some ripples but it doesn't look like it. It's also more difficult to see any imperfections looking straight in or more perpendicular from the sides. This may be an indication that Tesla is experimenting with different variations of stainless sheet for the vault sides in their prototypes:

CT-0c.jpg

CT-0d.jpg

CT-Y0.jpg

CT-Y1.jpg

While it's possible Tesla has decided that this problem is negligible and are planning to let it go into production, I hope that is not the case. If they launch production of the Cybertruck with rippled vault sides and people reject it, it would be costly to them in lacking sales, and also would result in an 'Osbourne Effect' of buyers waiting even more if they did decide to fix it later instead of now. I can't say what I would reject or accept until I see it in person. But I do think ripples in the surface would be a deal-breaker for many other buyers, and so I really hope they correct it before production.

There is yet another option to hide such ripples, by putting aftermarket body effects on the sides of the Cybertruck that would cover up the rippled vault sides. Below is one of my favorite tricked out renderings of the Cybertruck. Credit goes to a source calling themself "Car Expert", but I don't like lettering and badges so I removed them from the rendering but included their version in the inset. Again this is one of my favorite tricked out Cybertruck renderings and this would definitely solve the problem - if someone made these body effects and if they were reasonably priced:

This post is not intended to smear Tesla or the Cybertruck but instead to help ensure it's success at launch and ramp-up. I feel this problem should be corrected before it would get reproduced at scale. The Cybertruck is polarizing enough as it is, but the style itself will 'grow on people', if it is refined and not cheap looking. However ripples and workmanship defects will reduce sales and inflame the narratives to stigmatize Tesla. But maybe Tesla (hopefully) already has corrective methods in place for production and just haven't used them in prototypes.

- ÆCIII
There could be worse aspects of Cybertruck. I was wondering if the skin of pre production vehicles was thinner since the giga cast frame would be handling the structural load, and the skin would now be mostly cosmetic along the lines of the model Y.

repoman

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Performance S, Plaid X, Cybertruck # less then 100
Occupation
Software
Country flag

CT-R0a.jpg

CT-R0b.jpg

CT-R0c.jpg

CT-R0d.jpg

CT-R0e.jpg

Qtr-Side-0a.JPG
Qtr-Side-1a.JPG
Qtr-Side-2a.JPG

CT-0a.jpg

CT-0b.jpg

CT-0c.jpg

CT-0d.jpg

CT-Y0.jpg

CT-Y1.jpg

- ÆCIII
Who cares. These are prototypes.
Sponsored