First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
truck tires on job sites get cut down
Trucks that “kick but in baja” - Elon, always have spare(s)

for the record I believe there is still one underneath the truck, hence the diaper. But if there isn’t one, thats a terrible fit for a truck

IMG_5448.jpeg
You notice they don't keep the spare under the bed, tho. You can totally put the spare on a Cybertruck where they put theirs.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Qishrink

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y. Cybertruck on order
Occupation
Pediatric Emergency Room Psychiatrist
Country flag
We are forgetting that the bed also needs a compressed air connection for power tools as promised by Elon. This measly power box door shown is too small for a standard 15a two outlet and a compressor connection.

Seems like they are going to have to resolve and revise that between this version and production! Or we might have to add the power tool compressor connection to the list of abandoned features most likely along with the tailgate ramp, sail storage, upper light bar and third seat in front row.

The abandoned features list is sadly growing.
Seriously? We haven’t seen the final version yet and you are already complaining. Buy an F150.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Seriously? We haven’t seen the final version yet and you are already complaining. Buy an F150.
Hahahaha.

Nothing will get me to not buy a CT. Welcome to the forum. Get used to speculation.

Tesla Cybertruck Cybertruck vault sub-trunk fully opened! + Tonneau cover and tailgate lowering in action! welcome-to-the-party-pal-welcome-to-the-party

Last edited:

Galactus55

First Name
Gus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightng Lariat ER, 2014 Chevy Volt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My hope is a 20a outlet.
Tesla needs to match Fords Pro Power outlets. Else it's deal breaker for me. I will still get the truck but, I'll sell it and keep my Lightning.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Tesla needs to match Fords Pro Power outlets. Else it's deal breaker for me. I will still get the truck but, I'll sell it and keep my Lightning.
Clarification.. "My hope is 20a outlet MINIMUM."

Ideal would be able to plug a welder into the truck!

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
That would be the better option, like on the Lightning.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
Wow if this truck has no place to put a spare, even a donut, that is going to be a huge miss.
The Rivian has theirs in the bed. That is a no here.
The Lightning has it underneath and it drops down. Still possible?
No spare at all? Hmmm.

Trbizwiz

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Jeep Wrangler JLU, Dodge Challenger
Occupation
Logistics
Country flag
Since that's only a cover and there's no receptacle installed in there yet - we can only guess for now.

1687746998743.png

Do we even know if a 110volts circuit is what's provided there? Could it be a 220volts? Considering Tesla's approach to wire size and power, I'm wondering. Maybe it's a custom receptacle that has both 220volts and 110volts. We should remember that our (US) 220volts is really two phases/circuits of 110volts, so if their inverter or whatever is setup the same, they could possibly provide both? But if I had to choose, I'd prefer 110volts.

- ÆCIII
I think it’s possible that the 220 will be similar to the plugs in the Tesla portable charger. It’ll ba a computer plug looking fitting, and then there will be a pigtail adapter that goes in it, just like the Tesla charger. You can get pigtails with all the different 220 volt applications, basically the female version of the pigtails you have we with the portable charger.

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I haven't had to change a tire on a road trip in over 15 years, and I've traveled over 250K miles in that time. There is supposedly on-board compressed air. I'm not sure how often an actual spare would be needed.
I agree. My strategy that has evolved from the reliability of modern tires is to:

1) Only buy top quality tires.
2) Maintain appropriate air pressures for the setup
3) Carry a compressor (built in on Cybertruck)
4) Carry a good plug kit and know how to use it. You would be surprised what kind of damage can be repaired with a plug kit well enough to get you to the next town.
5) Drive like a professional. Know your truck, use your eyes.
6) Always have a backup plan (water or water purifier, extra food and clothing).

You need #6 anyway because, even if carrying the dead weight of a spare wheel and tire assembly, the vehicle could still be disabled by something other than a flat tire. With a plug kit a flat tire is not even the most likely way for a truck to become inoperative. Don't use those plug kits with a gun and the black rubber plugs that get glued in, they cannot repair larger and awkwardly placed tire damage nearly as well as the fuzzy worm plugs. Fuzzy worm plugs are super versitile if you know what you are doing, particularly just to get you to the nearest tire shop.

And all of this is coming from someone who believes in a "belt and suspenders" approach to avoiding problems. It's just that the space/weight of a 35" spare is so disproportionate to the advantage it confers, it's silly not worth it.

It made a lot more sense in days gone by due to two factors:

1) Flat tires were super common
2) Help was a lot harder to get, in both the backcountry and on normal backroads.

Now we have cell phones and for more remote trips, satellite phones, Starlink, etc.

Last edited:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Clarification.. "My hope is 20a outlet MINIMUM."

Ideal would be able to plug a welder into the truck!
Uh oh... Looks like we may lose Throwcomputer to the Silverado. 😬
Chevy must have heard what she/he wanted and designed a homerun for 'em.

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
Uh oh... Looks like we may lose Throwcomputer to the Silverado. 😬
Chevy must have heard what she/he wanted and designed a homerun for 'em.

He says "My silverado reservation is for my father!"

Tesla battery tech and charging blow everything else out of the water. So this guy won't be switching away from CT unless the rich guy speculations come true. I'm holding onto my belief they will be as announced, or close enough to that. Enough ev manufacturers have seen the bad juju they get from jacking up launch prices. Even Livewire read my nasty email about their initial announced Del Mar pricing after initially saying it would be less. They dropped it back down to the initial pricing and look at that.. this guy actually convinced himself to purchase it, when I wasn't really serious about it when I made the reservation.

I've been dead serious about my CT reservation since day 1.

But thanks for that brand spanking new video on the silverado EV. I'll be sending the link to my father.
Sponsored